1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That you killed a 17 year old kid?

Do you realize that soldiers often feel remorse and regret after killing people in the act of war? It is supposed to be a normal human reaction to feel remorse, regret, or guilt after you kill someone.

Not only that, but he continues to bring it up by retweeting the corpse of Trayvon's body.

Instead of wanting that part of his life to be in the past, like Darren Wilson...Zimmerman wants to continue to bring it up and roll around in the fame it brought him and pander to the fans that he has who stick up and defend a criminal like him.

In fact, it's sadly humorous how people like Zimmerman can get donations for simply getting away with killing a black kid and then people question the existence for #Blacklivesmatter

I'm confused as to why anyone would be in this tread defending him. He killed a 17 year old and is bragging about it on twitter. Like...what exactly are you defending here?

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, I know soldiers who have felt remorse for killing....but I know many more who don't feel remorse, especially in a situation where they were being attacked.

I see no reason to feel remorse or guilt for killing an attacker, they forfeit their life with their actions and it's no one else's fault. Anger at that person for being such an idiot is a more appropriate response.

Murder is a different story, murder is something worth feeling remorse over, but we all know that's not what happened in this instance.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh wait? Are you a witness to it? You sure sound like you are.

Even so, the reason this thread has been bumped is because Zimmerman is bragging about killing Trayvon Martin and retweeting his dead corpse. What is the purpose of you being in the thread defending him again?

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think a better question is if you were a witness to it, you seem to not believe the story the only witness gave that was consistent with the rest of the facts of the case.....I mean, if you have legitimate reason to disbelieve that, please tell your story.

As for me, I'm just basing my opinion on eyewitness testimony and the evidence of the case. I wasn't there and wasn't a witness so I have no reason to think anything else.

As to his recent actions....he seems to be a pretty terrible person and he's trolling people like you that get upset about the fact that an idiot attacked the wrong person and ended up dead as a result. Oftentimes when one terrible person attacks another terrible person, bad things happen.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

meh I don't see the big deal, there's really nothing for him to lose at this point

it's not like people already don't think he's a racist ******* to begin with. His life is basically ruined at this point, who in the right mind is ever going to ever hire him, everywhere he goes he's afraid someone's going to murder him. The only thing he can do at this point to be as controversial and racist and possible to get attention and get other racist assholes of this country to buy his **** so he can make living.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No you are not. You are just claiming over and over that Trayvon attacked Zimmerman as if he found Zimmerman in a park and ambushed him. That's not what happened.

If you say Trayvon attacked Zimmerman then please tell me what happened before Zimmerman was attacked.

It doesn't matter that he's trolling. By doing this he is rubbing it into the face of everyone that loved Trayvon and trying to reopen old wounds. In fact just browse his twitter history, he's trying to incite a race war throughout.

Again, do you see Darren Wilson on twitter bragging about how he shot Mike Brown? No, Darren Wilson wants to move on and would like it to be forgotten it seems likely because Darren Wilson seems to be a better person than Zimmerman (and that's not an accomplishment.)

Zimmerman is proud that he killed Trayvon and I called him a racist and you came flying into the thread to defend him and excuse his racism. When do we decide to start holding people up to higher standards? There is a way for him to show remorse and seem innocent of it. He could try by apologizing publicly to Martin's family about it, could try to do community work, could try to rebuild his image. Instead he's been going around boisterously bragging about it.

According to your logic that the death threats and hate he received is the result of his racism and his behavior now...then black people have every right to riot and burn down towns. Based on the past 100 years of history in this country. Just using the logic you used when you flew into the thread ready to defend and excuse his recent behavior.

The sad fact is that the reason Zimmerman continues to do this is because there is a segment of America that is proud of what he did. He can continue to pander to that segment and profit off of it for a long time.

Also, what makes Trayvon Martin a terrible person? What makes him equal to a fully grown man bragging about how he killed a 17 year old on twitter? Seriously?

You are comparing a 17 year old to a fully grown man.

What are you basing this on exactly? That Trayvon was a terrible person?

1 person likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Really? So you know differently what happened then? I guess you must be a witness if you are making that claim because the evidence points to Martin traveling over 100 yards to attack Zimmerman. Apparently you were the missing witness that the prosecution needed all along.

Anyway, the way I see it, Martin had a choice between being a violent ******* and being a decent person and he chose to be a violent ******* and it cost him his life. Not every failed character test will lead to death, but this one did and as such I don't have sympathy for him.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes, and Zimmerman was just minding his own business...right?

Of course you don't because you have sympathy for Zimmerman. Proof of that is that you came flying into this thread to paint him as the victim and to excuse his racism.

9. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Yep!!

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He wasn't doing anything that would justify attacking him...unless you are a really violent person that thinks that someone looking at you is reason to charge 100 yards after them and attack them. I wouldn't suggest being that kind of person, Martin was and it cost him his life.

You think in such binary terms. I don't have sympathy for either, they are both pretty awful people IMO. It's just a fact that the "victim" in this case was Zimmerman, not Martin. I know you probably can't wrap your mind around that, but Martin was the only person to commit a crime when he needlessly attacked Zimmerman putting him in a position to defend himself with lethal force.

Like I've said time and time again, this was a case of 2 awful people running into each other and when violent ******* attacks ******* with a gun, violent ******* usually will end up dead.

11. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I don't actually believe that Bobby The Great is a racist in the true sense of the word. I mean, I grew up during Jim Crow segregation, the Klu Klux Klan and the HPD under Herman Short so I'm pretty sure I can tell the difference between a true racist and an insensitive and uninformed individual. I have read an awful lot of his postings on racial matters and he strikes me as someone who has no true understanding of history - especially African-American history - and of the life experiences of someone like myself which must be absolutely foreign to a person like him. Because he - like so many others - benefited from white privilege - he lacks empathy for anyone whose life experiences do not conform to his own. You see, the American melting pot only works when we all can recognize that it is the difference in our collective life experiences that forms the basis of our greatness as a nation. This is, I realize, a quaint notion from time that has passed when optimism and not bitter cynicism defined the American character. Sadly, that is NOT the message being delivered today by the those in the Tea Party, Fox News, the Republican Party and conservative media - groups who spend all of their free time looking for scapegoats and stereotypes to keep their adherents angry and distracted from what's really going on behind the scenes. Folks like BTG are the products of this concerted effort to divide this nation into contentious factions who are eternally at each other's throats because it is that effort which allows its architects to maintain their positions of power, wealth and privilege.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Funny how people still assume George Zimmerman is telling the truth about what happened.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would argue it's more funny how people keep assuming he isn't telling the truth about what happened despite absolutely no evidence whatsoever suggesting that he is lying.

14. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Does he seem like the type of person that you would trust?

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

How is that relevant? Of course he's not the type of person that I would naturally trust, but there's absolutely no evidence whatsoever that he's not telling the truth. I think he's a scumbag honestly, he reminds me of someone who would think being a bouncer is a super cool job.....but that's not really relevant.

The evidence available supports his version of the story, so why would we assume he's lying unless we were just super upset about that killing the narrative we wanted to further?

16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

There is a group of people here that haven't learned their lesson. They still cling to their incorrect first impressions of this case, because they were duped by the media from day 1. They see Trayvon as a Hollister wearing 12 year old kid eating skittles, which is biasing them. They shut off their minds to the facts of the case based on their first impression.

The jury heard the facts of the case, and did not convict Zimmerman. Now this biased crowd is looking to vindicate themselves by attacking Zimmerman's character. It's all they can do since they've lost the battle otherwise.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes, all Zimmerman did was look at Martin...

Which is why Martin has a long history of violently attacking other people that simply looked at him...

What has Trayvon done that makes him an awful person? Please elaborate.

You sure seem to hold sympathy for him. You came flying into the thread to excuse his racism.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Just like there are people that attacked the character of a 17 year old kid to justify his death.

I'm sure you don't call those people out though.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He actually does have a history of getting in fights and attacking people, he had recently been suspended from school for it even. In fact, I think it's fair to say he was a pretty big fan of fighting.....which led to his death.

Well, you do realize his last act in this world was assault right? He could have easily just gone inside his house rather than go after someone a football field away and attack them. He chose to be a bad person and it cost him his life.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

His death WAS justifiable though....and that's not just my opinion about it, that's what the law says about it.