1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Ok but you didn't explain how this is stand your ground.

You can't murder someone and flippantly claim stand your ground. I know that, you know that, and as does everyone else. At this point, you're just trolling.

2. dback816

dback816 Member

This doesn't apply to this case at all.

Pretty disappointed to see this wasn't another update to our Racist White Mexican, when I saw this thread bumped I had thought he had gotten into another brawl with the law.

3. g1184

g1184 Member

I'm not claiming he's protected under the law, just that he thought it was OK to take action due to the law's existence. If the law didn't exist, there's a greater probability the younger dude would have still been alive.

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I know nobody wants to revisit this thread, but I had a quick question. Why would a government have a standing policy to release the names of jurors? I could understand releasing the names in circumstances where someone provides evidence of foul play in the jury, but a standing policy to release names seems illogical and inappropriate to me. The article suggests for future jury selection purposes, but that seems irrelevant to me.

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79814705/

Not only did the jurors have to waste large parts of their life doing their civic duty, but now they get to be harassed by journalists and whoever else for the end of their days.

5. bmd

bmd Member

Yeah, I don't get it either. I'd like for somebody to explain the logic behind it.

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I wonder if they'll get death threats like George Z did...

I pray for their safety

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

In the not so surprising news...

George Zimmerman threatened to kill man in road rage incident, Florida police say

LAKE MARY, Fla. - George Zimmerman threatened to kill a driver during a road rage incident in Lake Mary and later showed up at the man's workplace, according to police.

The road rage incident happened Tuesday, Lake Mary police told Local 6, but the other driver declined to press charges, so Zimmerman was not arrested.

Police said the man, whose name was not released, called police after a truck pulled up next to him and the driver yelled, "Why are you pointing a finger at me?"

The man pulled into the Circle K at 4410 W. Lake Mary Blvd. to call 911, according to police, who added that driver followed him into the parking lot but took off before police arrived.

Police spokeswoman Bianca Gillett said the man recognized the truck driver as Zimmerman. The man said Zimmerman, who was carrying a gun, asked, "Do you know who I am?" before saying, "I'll (f***ing) kill you."

Two days later, the man said he saw Zimmerman in his truck outside his workplace. He called police but declined to press charges.

Zimmerman, 30, was acquitted last year of a second-degree murder charge in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

Zimmerman has had a string of legal issues since his murder trial, including a domestic violence incident with his estranged wife, visiting a gun manufacturing facility in Brevard County and rescuing a family from an overturned SUV.

Zimmerman was arrested in November 2013 on aggravated assault, battery-domestic violence, and criminal mischief charges in a domestic dispute with his girlfriend, Samantha Schiebe. The charges were later dropped.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The man has issues.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Wow, this guy seems to be a real nutcase.

10. rudan

rudan Member

Send this man to the middle east, he could wipe out ISIL by just walking down the street!

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I fully expect for Zimmerman to eventually pull a Trayvon and start a fight with someone who will kill them. The guy seems to be a total idiot.

12. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

This wannabe cop is a total menace to society.

Press charges if this guy threatens you. Seems like he likes to be known as a killer.

13. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

:rolleyes: Pull a Trayvon??? classy. It sounds to me like George Zimmerman is the one who picks fights.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It was simply a statement of fact, "class" had nothing to do with it either way. Trayvon was an idiot who picked a fight with the wrong person, Zimmerman seems like that same kind of idiot to me. It's only a matter of time.

That said, I'd bet that Zimmerman is too much of a coward to ever just roll up to someone and punch them the way Trayvon did, so it's unlikely that he'd ever physically initiate a conflict. He seems more like the loud mouth who will eventually run his mouth to the wrong person and they'll kill him instead of just trying to beat him up.

15. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

wish this thread would die already. no pun intended.

16. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Oh you were you there? Did you see Trayvon start a fight? No you didn't and you can't say it is a "fact" dude. That is another topic that has been discussed a million times so I don't really want to get into that.

So Zimmerman's actions (don't forget the domestic dispute) after the trial are the actions of a peaceful man? He seems to be involved in a lot of physical altercations but I am sure that is just a coincidence ...

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You can disagree, but it's pretty well established that Trayvon rolled up and hit him....which was stupid. If he was smart and had just gone inside his house, he'd still be alive, but he opted to put in his bid for a Darwin award instead.

Did I ever say that or do you just like arguing with straw men? Zimmerman is every bit as much a moron as Trayvon was, the difference being that Zimmerman is a wuss who might pick on someone he deems weaker than him that he knows, but IMO he isn't going to physically initiate what he thinks is an even fight or a fight with a stranger. However I could absolutely see him run his mouth and "start" a fight that way.

The whole Zimmerman-Martin issue was when two dumb people collided and one killed the other, I have no doubt that Zimmerman could easily run into another dumb person that kills him.

18. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Yeah, lets just put this one back to sleep...

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Dude is psycho, he'll get what's coming to him. And Bobby, as if you couldn't post any more stupid garbage.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't expect you to agree, I have yet to see you have a solid take on literally anything since I've been posting here. There's always the future though, keep trying.