1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

because I was mobbed by slanderers from day 1, even though I was proven 100% right from day 1

2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Well, you were probably right about the verdict, but you certainly weren't right about Mr. Zimmerman as a human being.

Arrested with 5 guns and over a 100 rounds of ammo? Sounds more like the next Newtown killer than a neighborhood watchman don't you think?

3. bigtexxx

Is it legal to own 5 guns and 100 rounds of ammo? You cannot make a character judgment based on that alone. As I've said from day 1 (and apparently you still haven't learned your lesson), "need more facts".

4. mc mark

You're not a very good judge of character are you?

5. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

It's the culmination of incidents that are being used as facts. No one is saying it is the guns alone. We get a darker picture of GZ day by day because he can't keep himself out of trouble. The trial itself doesn't even help his cause, because it was the absence of facts that led to his innocence.

From day 1, you have had a picture of GZ with out any facts about the good of him as a person, just assumptions. Being possibly slandered by the media does not make it a fact he is a good person, that was a conclusion you jumped to.

Being involved in several driving violations, 2 separate domestic altercations, a divorce, and carrying excessive arms points a little closer to a bad guy than the volunteer public protector you see.

6. bigtexxx

DIVORCE! Wow if that's our standard, then America is full of trash.

You're so lost in logic it's sad. Just admit that you were duped by the media and were wrong from the beginning. And I was 100% correct that we should let the facts speak for themselves.

7. mc mark

And this doesn't even take into account lying to a judge about his finances or his living situation at the time of killing Martin.

As you can see, taking into account all of his confrontational history with the law, we can clearly deduce that Mr. Zimmerman is a menace to himself and society. At the very least, he should not be allowed to own a gun.

A list of George Zimmerman's past run-ins with the law.

— July 2005, Zimmerman was arrested and accused of resisting an officer with violence near the University of Central Florida campus after a scuffle with police. The charges were eventually dropped after Zimmerman entered an alcohol education program.

— August 2005, Zimmerman's former fiancee filed for a restraining order against him, alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman responded by requesting a restraining order against her. Both requests were granted. No criminal charges were filed.

— February 2012, Zimmerman fatally shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin during a confrontation in the community where Zimmerman was a neighborhood watch volunteer. Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder but acquitted after a trial in July 2013.

— July 2013, police in Foley, Texas, stop Zimmerman for speeding in a 60 mph zone. Zimmerman is let go with just a warning.

— September 2013, Zimmerman is stopped by police in Lake Mary, Fla., and given a ticket for doing 60 mph in a 45 mph zone.

— September 2013, Zimmerman's estranged wife, Shellie, dials 911 and tells a police dispatcher that her punched her father and threatened her with a gun. She later decides against pressing charges and authorities announce in November they are dropping the case.

— September 2013, a Florida Highway Patrol trooper stops Zimmerman along Interstate 95 and issues a warning because the vehicle's tag cover and windows were too darkly tinted.

— November 2013, Zimmerman is arrested by Seminole County authorities after a disturbance at a home in Apopka.

8. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

No. You take the one thing that isn't criminal, but does have negative associations with character an run with it? What I take from that is you see divorce as worse than assault and battery of a woman. That is very scary...How about how he divorced? Running from his wife, avoiding her and could only find him when he was arrested? Avoiding his wife and her lawyers while seeing another woman? Where in your flawless logic has their been one fact about the good of his character? Oh yea none.

Give me some facts.

So your end game is proving your intellectual superiority by supporting a guy NO ONE will touch with a 1000ft pole? The GZ advocates club is apparently at least 1 strong, congrats!

9. bigtexxx

You're totally lost. Throughout this, I've supported waiting to let the facts speak for themselves. Go back and read the thread. You're just projection what you WANT me to say and putting words in my mouth.

Think, people, THINK.

10. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

LOL! We can agree that you believe GZ was wrongfully portrayed by the media as a rogue, racist, killer, or whatever you chose to call it? If you believe that, at the very least, you believe he was not a rogue, not a racist, not a killer, just a neutral guy. Correct?

12. bigtexxx

what evidence do you have that he's a racist?

13. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

There is no evidence that he is a racist but there is evidence that he is a big ass p***y just like you.

14. bigtexxx

Yeah, when this is all you can offer in a post, you've lost. Try using facts and logic rather than name calling and cussing next time.

15. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Look it's boring if I have to spoon feed you every detail to keep the discussion going and prevent you from backing out of saying anything.

Read what I said. I said you believe the media wrogfully portrayed him as a list of negative things, could be interpreted in any which way you believe they apparently slandered him, that's why I said 'whatever you chose to call it'

Can you point to where I said he was a racist?

Now can you re read my original questions and either agree or disagree?

16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

My rap sheet is longer than that if you're going to include petty traffic stops.

17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Sounds like he was short of weapons and low on ammo. What next, are you going to say his gas tank was low too?

You do realize that 5 guns and 100 rounds of ammo is nothing for someone who enjoys shooting guns. Most people buy at least 100 rounds each time they go out for more ammo.

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

While it has now been established that you have a long rap sheet, is your rap sheet as filled with as many acts of violence? Including, of course, the killing of a 17 year old kid?

Guessing not...

19. bigtexxx

He was not found guilty of the charges in the Martin incident.

I guess you didn't pay attention to the verdict?

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I don't blame you that you can't remember some of your 800+ posts in this thread (contributing member status only lets me review the last 300), but hey- you're the one using images from Stormfront, not me.

why have you sheepishly avoided my assertion that more than three quarters of your list from your race war website had NOTHING to do with Trayvon?