1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Post 22 did not address my question, it was in response to another post of mine.

So bigtexxx, answer the question I asked, which of the above are not facts? Please dispute them otherwise.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

AKA
    Bow and Scrape
    and
    Accept you Second Class Citizenship . . . or be shot

Rocket River

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Huh?? :confused:

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

They are an incomplete listing. It matters significantly between your points "confronted him" and "shot him dead"

Therefore I've requested more facts.

5. Apps

Apps Member

I'll take "Common Expressions of 1865" for 2,000, Alex!

1 person likes this.
  6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Surprised this wasn't posted earlier.

It is tragic what happened to that kid, and the shooter should definitely have been arrested pending an investigation. A teenager, with no weapon, walking in his own neighborhood gets shot at night as self-defense. That makes zero sense.

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I don't read that he was in his own neighborhood, but that he was visiting relatives and got in a fight with this guy; which was completely avoidable on both ends.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This seems pretty clearly a racial issue.

I think the race card is grossly overplayed, and the idiot that mentioned the Joe horn case (two guys shot robbing a house) proves the point.

But this is open and shut. White guys sees black kid in his pristine neighborhood, follows him, black kid gets mad about being tailed, confronts him, armed man shoots unarmed man.

He shot an unarmed man, that he initiated contact with, I see no defense in this. Regardless of how the kid may or may not have acted

And how has bigtexx not been banned for christs sake

9. bigtexxx

For what? Asking for more facts?

Hilarious

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Red Flag #1: Kid was not armed with a dangerous weapon

Red Flag #2: The community patrol captain (self-appointed) as a private citizen should not have the right to use deadly force at will, especially when there was no robbery in place and his life was not immediately threatened with a weapon.

Red Flag #3: Zimmerman, armed with a 9mm handgun, trailed the boy in his car. At some point, Zimmerman called 911, telling the operator there was a "suspicious person in the area," . . . He should've called the police and left it, alone. This is why vigilantism is a bad thing, sometimes, because innocent parties can get hurt in the process for no apparent reason. What makes the situation, even worse is that Zimmerman is the main reason that young man is dead for no apparent reason.

Red Flag #4: So, someone walking down the street equates "suspicious individual." I could say young black male walking down the street, immediately equates "suspicious individual." Though, I must say this was a gated community. Still, he was a younger black man walking through a gated community (probably near the slightly mid to upper middle class brand). So, naturally, he is suspicious, I guess.

Though, I must ask if there was any car trailing . . . no, following me or any other human being with a functioning brain, then my natural inclination would be sort of to look and then get little anxious if it becomes a little prolonged. I guess some people would perceive that as suspicious, sort of like a stalker who finds a strange-looking girl or child, he is following around in his own community to be a bit uncomfortable and unsettled and draws a conclusion of why is she acting out of character, like that. Doesn't she know that this place is my stomping ground. Talk about people and their entitlements.

Red Flag #5: Our beloved self-appointed community patrol man has a ... record, himself. He's not so squeaky clean as you think. Most of all, he's not a proper authority figure in anyway, not even appointed by the community. IN the worst way, he did not use good judgement in any way and acted as if he were police officers. That's the weirdest thing. A non-police officer-non-existent authority figure over-stretching his boundaries even further than a public officer.

11. bigtexxx

No he doesn't. Can't you read? The charges against him were dropped.

There seem to be A NUMBER of people on this board who are quick to judge, even without a full set of facts.

WOW, I'm actually depressed at the number of folx on here who use this biased article as their only way to form a conclusion.

Whatever happened to the search for TRUTH?

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You haven't shown any bias in the article despite you continuing to repeat bias over and over again. The article is full of facts. A 26 year old white self-appointed neighborhood watch captain called the police when he saw a black teenager walking through his neighborhood. The police told him to stop following him and yet he continued to follow him in his car. A controntation occurred and he shot and killed an unarmed teenager and now claims he did it because he felt his life was threatened. Those are the facts as they're listed in this article.

This is just your usual BS troll show claiming racial bias against the white man. It's old, tired, and getting really boring.

13. bigtexxx

nope

I did in fact expose the bias in the article in posts 16 and 22

you need to read the thread before posting

14. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Dude, quit the dramatics and go back play with your 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate action figures and your black man pinata. I do not think you can read, but you are supporting someone who murdered a teenager in cold blood. I'll never understand people, like you and your holier than thou moral compass, yet as sociopathic as a stone cold killer who watches his victim convulse until they are dead.

I really do not know what type of point you are trying to prove, again. It's like you are blind to the fact that young man was killed in the process and was unarmed.

1 person likes this.
  15. bigtexxx

Wow, ease up on the insults. Of course I always take the high road and not respond with insults -- insults are a sure sign anybody has lost an argument.

How am I taking the side of Zimmerman? I've been requesting more facts.

This Miami newspaper article states that somehow Zimmerman got a bloody nose. And Zimmerman's lawyer claims there is evidence of self-defense.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/11/2689107/family-of-teen-killed-by-neighborhood.html

A lesson to many of you, is that just because somebody screams "racial murder!", you should still collect all the facts before forming a judgment.

Many on here appear to be of the mind "WHITE DUDE = GUILTY, INNOCENT HELPLESS BLACK YOUTH FREE OF BLAME". How about we do the right thing and collect the facts?

16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Thanks texxx for your cowardly admission that the facts I posted were indeed, facts.

17. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Regardless of whether the shooting itself was due to racism or self-defense, it certainly seems the incident occurred because of race. The guy told the cops the teen "walked or appeared" suspicious? That is weird.

Also if the teen looked so dangerous, why would the guy follow him so closely so that the teen was able to notice and ask what his problem was? If he looked scary, shouldn't the guy have kept better distance? Further, when confronted, why didn't he back off instead of escalating?

Another article I raid said there was definitely a scuffle - a few neighbors called to report fighting) but it should also be noted that apparently the teen weighed ~140 pounds and the guy ~200. And the bigger guy had the gun.

Again, no clue whether racist, but the guy certainly seems like a macho idiot (further supported by his run-in with the law previously - regardless of it being dropped I don't see how he got "resisting arrest" and "violence and battery on a police officer" charges brought against him without provocation) or at the least a person with terrible judgment and some kind of racial prejudice (since the kid walked so funny).

Also, he told the cops he followed so he could give them an address. It is a gated townhouse community in the shape of a square. Did he think the teen was as stupid as he is and was going to walk up to a house on a Sunday evening to rob it? Maybe he thought the guy was one of those "buy some magazines" solicitors? Clearly a threat that would need to be confronted (with a gun).

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I heard that Ice Tea kills cops.

Self defense from black people is an understandable defense to murder for some juries...

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Both cases the cops the person to STAND DOWN
    in both cases the guys said, NOPE I'M GONNA GO AND GET 'EM

and they did
    and they both got off

Rocket River

20. LScolaDominates

It disturbs me that somewhere a real human being sat down at a computer and typed this.

1 person likes this.