1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

autopsy showed THC in his system

but yeah, I guess he could have been doing his homework in a cloud of smoke from others. lol

2. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

What f**king difference does it make if A MURDER victim was doing whatever right before? Especially mar1juana.

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Or just hanging around somebody doing it. I remember some members of my former paintball crew smoked weed and I was around them and did not use and we were outdoors no less. I later took an at-home drug test on my own that my cousin had to take for his parents and ended up failing. Now whether it was because of the weed, something else, or just faulty I don't know but I wasn't using other drugs, legal or illegal at the time.

4. bigtexxx

that's not been proven that it was murder

he was shot and killed, yes.

5. Lil Pun

Experts have already stated he wasn't doing it right before or the concentrations of THC in his system would have been higher.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Whether it was murder is to be determined. Doesn't look like it right now.

7. Northside Storm

Are you guys going to be so petty as to note that it might not be murder?

Ok, same question, what does it matter if in the hour or so before he died, Trayvon took mar1juana?

The boy is DEAD. And you are all are trying to play some character assassination s*** to the grave. Which, personally, is where I draw the line of decency, but hey, to each their own I guess.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/agmBvdZnxi0#t=0m36s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. DaleDoback

DaleDoback Contributing Member

Can anyone give me an honest answer?

10. Lil Pun

It's not like people have left Zimmerman's character without attacks.

1 person likes this.
  11. bigtexxx

Sorry I must have missed you objecting to the GZ character assassination game the media has been playing since this story surfaced

12. Northside Storm

Is GZ dead?

Think carefully. You haven't heard me object to the GZ s*** parade but don't mark that as an assumption on where I stand. I have however seen you in particular, telling people to be slower to judge, and not to base things on the "court of public opinion." That's just rank hypocrisy, and it needs to be pointed out.

It should not matter if Trayvon took mar1juana or not. The boy is dead. His life was taken. The least consequential detail to that is whether he smoked mar1juana before his death.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So let's add basics of criminal law to the long list of things Northside Breeze does not understand.

14. bigtexxx

It could actually have some importance

If Martin was walking around the neighborhood about to purchase drugs, then it could explain why he may have acted aggressively -- he could have been paranoid or nervous as he waited to purchase drugs. Not sure. However, GZ did say he was walking slowly, and TM had cash to buy drugs ($40) and a lighter that could come in handy to smoke it...

15. Northside Storm

Thanks.

ATW, I love how I come in any thread, and you nuthug me within three seconds. Keep it up, buddy.

16. Northside Storm

"The court of public opinion and speculation".

Yeah, you're just about being the biggest hypocrite when it comes to telling people not to judge the situation. Throwing a ridiculous hypothetical like this...just wow. $40 and a lighter makes you a drug dealer now, I guess. Did he have rolling papers and a Wiz Khalifa tattoo too?

Let's wait and see if the evidence provided confirms this direction, before you character assassinate a dead youth.

17. bigtexxx

that's why I said "not sure". I don't know this to be a fact. It could be an explanation, however. It's not outside the realm of the possible...

18. Northside Storm

Right.

So, you constantly bring up how Trayvon could have smoked mar1juana as if it's some big deal, when you first were all about "not rushing to judgement" and "not judging people in the court of public opinion."

Now in some desperate attempt to gain some moral footing, you link it to a ridiculous hypothetical based on the scantest circumstantial evidence I have ever seen, and mark it in the "realm of the possible."

I'm going to assume that somewhere outside that realm is your ability to detect when you're straight out being inconsistent.

19. bigtexxx

I didn't say we could confirm it for a fact. Merely tossing out a hypothetical and characterizing it as such. So your faux anger is misplaced.

You seem to be acting very defensive -- not sure what nerve I touched with you. Maybe you're unhappy because the case against GZ has appeared to have weakened, based on the evidence released to the media? not sure

20. Northside Storm

Here you rush to judgement again.

I am merely noting how petty and (I usually reserve these words, but this seems to be a good case) repulsive your attempts to character assassinate a dead youth are. I have long given up on following the GZ case (because frankly, there are bigger fish to fry), but I don't think it is kosher for you to willy-nilly throw out assertions about his character or behavior based on nothingness. I especially don't think this because even if it were true, and he was smoking mar1juana, so the f**k what? Last I checked that wasn't a death penalty item. I am sensitive to the fact that you seem to throw out that smoking mar1juana seems to imply you are some kind of dysfunctional being or something, which I vehemently disagree with.

"GZ is a child-eating robot. I base this on the fact that he has been seen with children. IT'S IN THE REALM OF THE POSSIBLE!"

At least GZ will have his day in court to figure this all out. Trayvon is dead. And people like you still can't refrain from going down and character assassinating a dead youth.