1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Granville

Granville Member

First you have no proof that Zimmerman ran after
    Martin and second no proof that Martin wouldn't have killed Zimmerman during the fight if he hadnt been shot.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I agree, but after the monster cluster**** of the Casey Anthony trial I suspect the prosecution has some strong evidence they haven't released yet.

However, I still don't see Zimmerman getting convicted on a murder two.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So would you choose to never work again?

4. Granville

Granville Member

I don't recall saying that I am a beggar.

You said give beggars what they want. In this country we have systems that help them get what they need. If you are given everything that you want where is the motivation to work. Wanting a better life for your family is what motivates most people to succeed.

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Guess what, you aren't the only person who wouldn't want to be a beggar which is why people will work even if beggars are given to liberally. I think most people feel better about themselves when they have a job to do.

Bottom line is most people don't want to be a beggar. Working and earning gives you more choice, and freedom. Those are things people will work for.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

What about the 911 where he said he was chasing after him?

7. Granville

Granville Member

Following automatically equals running after (as you stated in your post)?

8. Granville

Granville Member

I still don't think you are actually helping a beggar if you give him everything that he wants. You are setting him up for continued failure.

You're looking like someone who is bored looking to nit pick random statements to give you something to do.

9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

What a great observation. You know what you look like? J/K

I was just curious why you thought nobody would work, and if it was because that's what you would do.

If a person is starving and they get food, it is helping them. It doesn't mean they can't also learn to work or whatever. But most beggars I see wouldn't be able to hold a job, because of various mental illnesses.

10. Granville

Granville Member

You still cant comprehend the difference between need and want?

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I definitely understand the difference.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Zimmy, 50 grand already out of your defense fund for 'rent or whatever'... that's inappropriate money management - brah.
    _____

George Zimmerman had $200,000 support fund, attorney acknowledges

O'Mara said that Zimmerman had already used roughly $50,000 of the money "for living expenses -- rent or whatever," and that the remaining $150,000 was now in a separate trust account under O'Mara's control.

Last week, George Zimmerman's family told a Florida judge that they had very little money with which to help the alleged murderer make bond.

But as it turns out, Zimmerman had in fact raised more than $200,000 from supporters on a website and PayPal account he established. That new development, divulged by Zimmerman's attorney at a hearing Friday, could prompt Seminole County Circuit Judge Kenneth R. Lester Jr. to increase the $150,000 bond he set earlier -- though the judge said that he wanted to know more about who controls the money before ruling on the matter.

full article

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I don't care much about this considering even if he's acquitted his working life is somewhat over.

14. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Hey he can write a book. Maybe even a movie.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I agree, I actually somewhat feel bad for him, aquitted or not, all this excessive media attention has ruined the rest of his life.

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he is acquitted he can probably make a lot of money as a poster child for the NRA. As mc mark is saying he can probably get a book deal and do a speakers tour.

17. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

http://globalgrind.com/news/Angela-...Murder-Case-trial-photos-details?gpage=3#gtop

It'll be interesting to see what is released. We'll know what prompted the murder 2 charge in a few days.

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

19. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Not enough evidence yet to verify.

Also, the mention of Trayvon Martin was from a search of twitter.

note: I think that the quotation "indicating laughter" from the twitter post means that someone typed "LOL"

bigtexxx, given your new commitment to waiting for facts before passing judgment on a case, I'm surprised that you were convinced of this connection so easily. Was it a temporary lapse in your newly-acquired dedication to reserving judgment?

20. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you sure the whites weren't selling drugs or wearing hoodies.

I need more facts

I detect bias from the author