1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You do whatever you think is right. I won't try and change you, I've got myself to worry about.

The idea is that if someone tries to take your coat, give them not only your coat, but also your cloak. Give to beggars whatever they ask of you.

If everyone lived like that, there would be almost no gun violence, and life would be a lot better.

Will everyone live like that? Of course not. If most people did, would others try and take advantage of people? Absolutely, but I think it would decrease over time. Most importantly it doesn't matter whether people would or not. I'm not responsible for them. If they take advantage of others that's their own shortcoming, and not mine. I'll do what I think is right for the kind of world I'd like to live in. Other people will do the same. If someone kills me because of it, then again I died doing what I believed was right. Maybe the person who kills someone like that learns from it. It's happened in the past. Either way I have my own stuff to deal with, and that's what I'll focus on.

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

What is your motivation? You come in here late with this lame stuff.... :grin:

If you read what I wrote, I said more than once that Rush overstepped propriety. What I defended him from was the likes of you who were calling for his dismissal and banishment-- even Bill Maher agreed with me!

Not really sure why you have your cap set against me but "oh well!" You don't seem to be able or willing to fathom the difference between a radio host making a criticism about someone who entered into a public discussion voluntarily and you firing off an insult at my wife because you don't like my position on something on a private message-board. And you want to criticize me? HA!

You are such a stalwart hero!?! At least represent my position correctly and you might have a shot at a valid criticism.

1 person likes this.
  3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Oh, forgive me, I must have misinterpreted what you said. These clearly are not insults. :rolleyes:

PWN3D again

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Living in a home where there are guns increases the risk of homicide by 40 to 170% and the risk of suicide by 90 to 460%.71

Guns kept in the home are more likely to be involved in a fatal or nonfatal unintentional shooting, criminal assault or suicide attempt than to be used to injure or kill in self-defense.72

Having a gun in the home is associated with an increased risk of firearm homicide and firearm suicide in the home, regardless of storage practice, type of gun, or number of guns in the home.73

Rather than conferring protection, guns in the home are associated with an increase in the risk of homicide by a family member or intimate acquaintance.74

The relative risk of dying from an unintentional gunshot injury is 3.7 times higher for adults living in homes with guns, with handguns in the home posing a particular threat.75

States with higher rates of household firearm ownership have significantly higher homicide victimization rates.76

People who keep a gun in their home are almost twice as likely to die in a gun-related homicide and 16 times more likely to use a gun to commit suicide than people without a gun in their home.77
    http://www.lcav.org/statistics-polling/gun_violence_statistics.asp

5. Granville

Granville Member

The President ought to make this his campain slogan.

If you give beggars whatever they want why the hell would they ever work? Were you actually toking on a joint in one hand and typing with your other hand when you posted that?

6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

No, what I posted is from the bible. It's what I believe. You don't have to believe in that if you don't wish.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Awesome rebuttal. Stupid commie Jesus.

8. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

You are making assumptions about forensics - playing amateur crime lab detective.

9. Nook

Nook Member

It all comes down to how familiar you are with firearms and how responsible you are.....

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Forensics" isn't the same as "ballistics". Further as I am not on scene gathering information I am not playing crime lab detective. I am putting forward a scenario on a debate and discussion board based on information that has been released already to the public.

Anyway I have yet to hear another explanation that matches all of the facts as known so far.

11. Granville

Granville Member

I don't for the reason that I mentioned.

12. Granville

Granville Member

Another dumb response, are you gonna make any big boy comments any time soon?

13. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

He never does; he just snipes.

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

OK, great for you.

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Don't count on it.

This is not meant to be a personal insult to Rocketman95, but I'm not sure he has the mental horsepower to keep up in debates and discussions in this forum. He prefers to pile on after others make points or simply lob in insults from the cheap seats. You'll very rarely get reasoned, well thought out posts from him.

1 person likes this.
  16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

This is not meant to be a personal insult to bigtexxx, but he's an dick.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeup. I found wasting my time actually trying to discuss things with the likes of you is just frustrating. It's a lot more fun to piss you off.

18. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

Perhaps because you do not understand the facts like you think do.

19. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Oh, the irony.

20. Granville

Granville Member

[​IMG]
    Why they gots to use all those big words? signed Rocketman95