1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the common denominator when an innocent black man is murdered in cold blood like this is not the biased media, it's the racists who defend the double standard.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The charges were dropped against Zimmerman, according to what I read. So he was not convicted -- therefore, you cannot assassinate his character based upon that.

and "hypersensitive" is a very subjective description of a Neighborhood watch group. How can you not recognize that?

So no, your facts are biased. That is plain as day for any objective reader to notice.

I would welcome more facts in this case, as I mentioned in my very first post.

3. bigtexxx

ok, now you're just reaching. I'll use "African-American" next time if you'd like.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The stupid strikes again. The whiny can't take it.

5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

After reading that Zimmerman is a 26 year old college student, that's all I need to know about this article, to know it was racially motivated... Shameful you can't take your azz whippin like a man and gotta end a life (if a skirmish did happen)... That goes for any race who pulls out, in the midst of an azz-whippin... b****made IMO

6. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Something doesn't add up on why the guy wasn't arrested and charged. It has 2nd degree murder written all over it and the guy has a history of trouble-making (battery of a LEO and resisting arrest with violence). He even freely admits he shot and killed the guy.

This might be the first time i actually say this, but I think Al Sharpton should get on the case.

7. bigtexxx

Really? I would encourage you to think more critically than that. That's a fairly superficial assessment. Not all 26 year old college students are racist or out to get African-Americans.

Really weak logic from you. Think critically.

8. bigtexxx

but those charges were dropped -- can you tell me why? You cannot use that against him.

You guys are falling for a biased article that's trying to assassinate the character of Zimmerman.

Let's hear the facts, not rely on bias.

9. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Fair enough, those charges were dropped. That still doesn't address why Zimmerman isn't at least behind bars.

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The criminal or civil courts will sort this out; but if you're black, you really need to realize early on that being different means there are more eyes and attention on you than on everyone else: at school, work or in most social settings outside of large diverse cities; and that all of your actions, good or bad, will garner a more drastic response from whites.

Your only real options for success or even survival, are to try and dress well, never confront anyone physically, and always be in a position to explain your actions and whereabouts to authority figures (legitimate or otherwise).

11. across110thstreet

you keep talking about "the article" like this (HuffPo) story (that was penned by a black man) hasn't been on the news wires.

and the facts I listed in my first post in this thread were the ones I was speaking specifically to. the only thing to dispute them is that the community has been described as a "mixed race" neighborhood, but I still assume it is mostly white, not that it matters.

I use hypersensitive because an armed community volunteer has started his own street vigilante newsletter and listed himself as the captain to contact when you see something suspicious.

sure, I'll ask a critical question- is there a recent wave of crime in this gated community to warrant an armed man in his 20's to take over the community watch organization and end up killing an innocent man?

I'll ask another one- why were his previous charges dropped? does he have a lot of money and a good lawyer?

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

across110thstreet must be bored this morning. There is absolutely no other reason to try and honestly debate bigtexxx (or 99% of the republicans on this board).

13. bigtexxx

...and then I completely exposed his lack of critical thinking.

Not a great morning for across110thstreet

14. across110thstreet

The only thing texxxx exposed is his racism and double standards. I have seen the facts in this case and look forward to more info as well as charges.

-Posting poolside on vacation while listening to the Rockets game

#34 across110thstreet, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  15. bigtexxx

You've done neither. Your facts were not facts, as I pointed out.

but I do relish completely obliterating you while you're away on vacation

16. across110thstreet

Which of the above was not a fact?

17. bigtexxx

pls see post 22, where I blew you out of the water

TIA

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is crazy, and tells you all you need to know about the "bigtex" state of mind.

19. bigtexxx

20. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Yet you support Israel and all their racist policies. Talk about double standards. Smh.