1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

So anecdotal evidence (without even providing numbers) compared to your own neighborhood watch. That's incredibly weak justification from you.

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Well, here is what you wrote:

"...you are obviously taking that from Zimmermans friend Frank Taaffe's interviews, almost word for word, haha why not just quote it or link it?"

Seems kind of accusatory to me....

#3962 giddyup, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  3. Nook

Nook Member

I was wondering how long it would be before someone noticed...

4. Nook

Nook Member

Agree... Zimmerman does appear paranoid, almost 10 years earlier he reported a white guy for looking suspicious because he has a brown bag.. Then became even more common the last few years.. Wouldn't be surprised if he is mentally ill.

5. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

ac·cu·sa·tion/ˌakyəˈzāSHən/
    Noun:
    A charge or claim that someone has done something illegal or wrong.
    Did I accuse you of doing something illegal or wrong?:confused:

6. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Unless it started raining after he started his trip. It still doesn't matter. Id be damned if I told my children. If it rains, do not cover up. Especially in the oft chance that some r****do chicken hawk sees you, don't look around.

So what. Does this offer him some ordained authority?

Except you left out the convenient bits of other information. He was carrying a pistol. He went against what was asked of him and chased. He instigated the confrontation merely by chasing the kid. If Im chased or being followed I probably will turn at some point and confront, I think most people would. The only person who heard the initial conversation states that GZ started the confrontation. There is EVERYTHING wrong with what a grown man did in this case.

What is lost on the chicken hawks is...at what point did GZ not realize that The kid wasn't carrying anything stolen. He wasn't in the act of casing a home, or a car. There were no signs of something happening like an alarm, or people screaming for help. The kid wasn't in the act of any wrong doing. So what was he chasing him for? For what appearant reason did he have to follow him? Or even assume that the child did something.

You cant be serious dude.

7. Nook

Nook Member

From the 911 call it sounds like Zimmerman abandoned pursuit. That would support his self defense claim. Martin's girlfriend will be rightfully treated as a biased witness. (positive for Martin)

Zimmerman at his arrainment stated he didn't know Martin's age but thought he wasn't much younger than his age (28), but in the 911 call stated he thought Martin was a teenager. The two statements are not consistent. (positive for the prosecution)

8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Ironic.

9. Classic

Classic Member

How many break ins have occurred in your gated neighborhood in the last 12 months?

10. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Find a better dictionary.... :grin:

ac·cu·sa·tion [ak-yoo-zey-shuhn] noun

1. a charge of wrongdoing; imputation of guilt or blame.
    2. the specific offense charged: The accusation is murder.
    3. the act of accusing or state of being accused.

11. bigtexxx

What's more, typically a hoodie is a loose fitting article of clothing, meaning Martin may have appears heavier than he really was. So Zimmerman was looking at a 6'3", athletic man. Potentially very intimidating to a 5'8" man.

I'm not seeing much evidence supporting Martin at this point.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He was just at the wrong place
    at the wrong time
    and with the wrong 'look about him'
    which
    justifies putting one through his chest?

Rocket River

13. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I agree. Guys wearing hoodies in the rain are very intimidating. Look at this hooded latino. I think his name is Geraldo something. I would ask him what is doing in my neighborhood. Shoot him, if he ignores me. Dress like a thug, die like a thug.

[​IMG]

14. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Well, except for the fact that he's, you know, dead

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Didn't realize Martin has been charged and is in need of "evidence supporting him."

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So intimidated that he decided to pursue the guy against the advice of the police?

17. bigtexxx

He had a right to pursue Martin. And it was a dispatcher who told him that he didn't need to pursue.

18. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I don't think anyone has said that being where he was and wearing what he was wearing meant that Martin could be shot without repercussions. That is certainly not the claim being put forward by Zimmerman. Zimmerman's argument is that Martin's appearance, location, and behavior caused him to investigate and call a non-emergency police number, and only after Martin subsequently attacked him did Zimmerman resort to violence. Now, you can choose to believe Zimmerman's story or not, but instead you are choosing to argue against a straw man.

19. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

What right? The hall monitor police right?

20. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Stop perpetuating this nonsense. This is Martin:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He's not "strapping" at all. How in the hell would he look threatening in a hoody? The guy is a stick.

In the 911 call, the dispatcher asked him to meet the police at the mail boxes. Zimmerman declined and asked the dispatchers to tell the officers to call him "to tell [them] where he's at". That makes it clear that he was still pursuing Martin at the time. This was after he claimed that Martin ran away. If he wanted to confront Zimmerman he never would have run initially.

What we know for sure was that Martin ran and Zimmerman was pursuing at one point. Martin ended up dead - Zimmerman with minor injuries which didn't even need medical attention. Do you know why Zimmerman's head was bleeding profusely from those minor contusions? Zimmerman was in an excited state, his blood pressure was elevated, and the flow of blood to the brain was increased by proxy. Wounds to the scalp clot slowly compared to other parts of the body, couple that with the number of veins providing the brain with oxygenated blood -> small cuts can result in a bloody mess. The picture released isn't indicative of a "life or death struggle" for all we know Martin may have hit him with his cellphone, or Zimmerman may have just fallen backwards and hit his head at some point. It in no way justifies the use of lethal force. It's telling that there's no picture released of the trauma to his nose - probably fabricated nonsense by his attorney.

I believe Zimmerman had the wherewithal to be planning and documenting his defense within minutes of shooting Trayvon. Who in their right minds would run to an "anonymous witness" with an iphone to take pictures of minor wounds:

[​IMG]
    shortly after killing an unarmed person?

He wasn't defending anything, he aggressively pursued Martin and ended up killing him. You can spare the mantra of "he had the right to, he was on the neighborhood watch". He was the self appointed head of an organization which wasn't officially registered with the neighborhood watch, violated their main statutes, and elected to pursue and kill an unarmed kid walking home because:
    Can I add that you're a disgusting human being Granville? As an aside, giddyup - you're even more of a douche for reporting people in the D&D, stop being a crybaby and don't private message me something that r****ded again.

Back on topic.

Trayvon Martin didn't leave home with malicious intent. Zimmerman did after profiling this child and choosing to follow him with a gun. I feel sick everytime I think about Martin begging for his life prior to being killed. How can anyone sensible believe that was Zimmerman when he had the gun? When it sounds like a teenager? When forensics experts have confirmed it wasn't Zimmerman? What is wrong with you people?

I'm sure Zimmerman will be convicted of something - and rightfully so. The question now is of what.