1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

And ignoring that constructive suggestion is why I think he'll get charged with manslaughter.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

In any other state this would be a no brainer. The Stand Your Ground law is an absolute abomination.

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Weak.

Your idea of "reasoning" is changing my mind. If you can't change my mind I'm "unreasonable." Win-win for you!

I ask you simple direct questions and rather than answering them you criticize me. Good system you have there!

4. giddyup

Might. Hasn't happened yet. Anybody know what AUTHORITY a police dispatcher has?

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

don't people call 911 for to report and ask for assistance and guidance?

it's not illegal that he followed trayvon despite the fact he was warned not to..

but combining that and shooting an unarmed teen is manslaughter at the very least since he can't claim self defense because he escalated the sitation himself by ignoring the dispatcher

6. Nook

Nook Member

He can still claim self defense if his argument is that he abandoned pursuit and then was attacked or confronted by Martin. Having said that, jurors are human, regardless and will have some of the same concerns you do.

7. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

So, if I am walking in my neighborhood, and a guy starts pursuing me:

1) if I confront him about why he is pursuing me, he can kill me under the "Stand Your Ground" Law, if he feels threatened.
    2) I can kill him under the "Stand Your Ground" Law, if I feel threatened by his pursuit.

Is that correct?

8. Nook

Nook Member

Not exactly.

9. vlaurelio

using it as his argument is one thing but proving as fact with supporting evidence is another

10. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with you.

11. giddyup

Not sure if that would be sufficient to be considered escalation. Aside from "Stand Your Ground" why do you not consider the possibility of Self Defense and go straight to Manslaughter?

12. vlaurelio

You shouldn't be doing that = it's dangerous to do that and you may be escalating the situation. you're not a cop let the cops handle this.

he was told NOT to follow and he still followed. He knew the danger he was getting into. That's why he was carrying a gun.

can a guy who provokes a fight then when he starts getting beaten shoot the other guy and claim self-defense?

13. SunsRocketsfan

I 100% agree with your statements which is the main reason why I think Zimmerman is in trouble.

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Add CNN to that list of networks that desperately wanted everyone to think Zimmerman is racist.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/cnn-enhances-zimmerman-911-call-again-and-reporter-now-doubts-racial-slur-used/

Zimmerman should sue CNN, NBC, and ABC

1 person likes this.
  15. vlaurelio

vigilantism is big business:grin:

16. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

five weeks.
    no charges.

17. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

So is media bias.

18. vlaurelio

and fox news is the biggest

19. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Perhaps, but that has little to do with tallanvor's latest post. Now it appears Zimmerman didn't say coon making it a little more difficult to say he was stalking/hunting Martin like an animal or that Zimmerman didn't like the color of Martins skin. I don't suppose that will change anyone's mind who has heard him allegedly saying "coon" on the 911 call.

I wonder how many in the media and blogosphere will make note of this recent statement by an audio expert or retract previous statements saying the 911 audio is definitive evidence that Zimmerman is a racist.

20. Marteen

Marteen Member

I think the guy who shot Trayvon Martin should go to jail. I'm just saying that had it been any other race, it wouldn't have been as big a national storm as it is right now. The gif you posted is the reaction of everyone against this at the moment.