1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Traveling to Egypt now

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by AroundTheWorld, Apr 26, 2005.

?

Go to Egypt despite security concerns?

Poll closed Apr 28, 2005.
  1. Yes, everything will be alright

16 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No, are you crazy?!

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. lalala902102001

I have a friend who worked in Saudi when they had the series of bombings there last year. He got paid three times the normal salary for doing that.

And you are paying your own money to go to Egypt and risk your life? Come on, be smart and be safe. Take a trip to Iceland if you are really bored. I hear it's good there this time of the year.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I went to Egypt and Sharm-El-Sheik when I was young...thirteen or so. It was a great time, but the political climate there was much safer back then.

Glad to see you made it back safely.

Sharm-El-Sheik was certainly a nice resort, but I wouldn't have gone if I were you. The real value in a trip to Egypt, to me, is the history...pyramids, temples, etc. You can find a sweet resort in any number of places.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thanks...yeah, I had been to the pyramids already. Just wanted some sun and the weather was rather crappy all over Europe when we left and the flight was so cheap...but I'll admit that I felt a little uneasy when I heard about the attacks in Cairo. Then again, to put it a little bit in perspective, I am not sure that chances are higher to get attacked by terrorists as a tourist in Egypt than they are to get mugged or attacked in certain areas of Houston, Miami or New York... does anyone remember that period about 10-15 years ago when a series of European tourists got shot in Miami...