1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TRAVEL] Things to do in Los Angeles

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hitman21, May 21, 2008.

1. hitman21

hitman21 Member

My wife and I are spending a week in Los Angeles (next week) and needed a few suggestions on can't miss places to eat and visit while we are there. We plan on spending one day at Six Flags Magic Mountain, but the rest is open. Any help would be appreciated. :D

2. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Pickup hookers.

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

^ Word...

I'm actually thinking of going there in July...But other than walk of fame, hollywood sign, and beaches (which is cool), what else is there to do? I know there is disney near there...

4. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Don't stay in the same hotel for a week. get a room near where you're going to be doing things. Otherwise, you'll spend the entire trip sitting in traffic.

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

go to in-n-out

spend some time in santa monica at the pier and 3rd street.

actually i'm probably the last person you should ask since i wouldnt have a clue as to what a tourist would like to see in los angeles.

i mean you can go to disneyland or universal studios or check with sony or paramount studios and see if you can get a tour I dont know how often they have those during the week.

6. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Yup: In-N-Out Burger: Double-Double, Animal Style; Animal Style on the fries.

Then bring me back some.

Crap I'm hungry.

7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Check out Universal Studios, Hollywood area, Rodeo Drive, Santa Monica Pier and the street where all the shopping is.

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the getty center (off the 405)
    the getty villa (off the pch)
    la brea tar pits
    santa monica pier to venice beach along the boardwalk
    Greystone Mansion (the mansion featured in The Big Lebowski and the basis of the oil tycoon in There Will Be Blood)

fyi- the hollywood sign and walk of fame at highland is kind of lame and touristy, but if that's your thing- more power to you.I would personally take a hike in the canyons underneath the sign and just get lost in the Hollywood Hills.

theres also Griffith Park Conservatory, hiking in Runyon Canyon.

Culver City is a nice little quant studio town. there's Sony PIctures down there and lot of historical markers in a one or two block radius of downtown Culver City.

theres a bunch of lots and studios in Burbank if that's what you want to do.

Disneyland or California Adventure down in Anaheim, you need more than a half-day, though...

9. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles

10. LeoneWestern

LeoneWestern Rookie

Try some of that cheese strained ganja...

11. no_answer

no_answer Member

Try and get on the Hills.
    Stalk famous people.
    Try and become famous.