1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

transgendering the kids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Carlson won a lawsuit because his lawyers argued this and the judge agreed

"Fox persuasively argues, that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statement he makes."

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He is right about this one.

4. Buck Turgidson

You believe anything you want to.

Andre0087 likes this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Honey, I transgendered the Kids … would make a great movie!

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

I guess this will be the boogeyman for the midterms since everything else in the party is going to hell.

Outside of a few crazies I don’t think many people on the left want children to be allowed to have actual surgeries until they’re 18.

Now libertarians on the other hand, which many of our “conservative” posters claim to be, wouldn’t want the government to set any limitations on these surgeries.

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Both of your last two statements are incorrect.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

ElPigto, jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Weren't there bomb threats at Boston Children's Hospital because of this type of fake news rhetoric. Remember @AroundTheWorld , these same exact people that @Commodore linked explicitly stated a lie that Boston Children's Hospital were doing Gynecomastia operations on children for transgender reassignment treatment based on wording that a 17 year old can start scheduling appointments for consultation so that they can have the surgery when they turn 18. Not once has the hospital performed any type of surgery for gender affirming care on a minor and there allegations were purely based on what I just stated.

This resulted in bomb threats. These people are dangerous and you have to understand that you should not be respected as a human if you propagate their narratives. We shouldn't respect you. This isn't a joke. Boston Children's Hospital is a hospital my younger brother used throughout his childhood and even still now due to his speciality genetic disorder (osteogenesis imperfecta). Please stop playing around with this anti-woke bs. I know you don't actually believe in this stuff and just use it to trigger people you disagree with but this stuff has real life consequences.

Honestly due to the nature of violent threats over abject fake information being spread, @Clutch should ban posters who propagate this bs. I'm tired of this **** and now it's leaking into my real life with threats of violence on hospitals my family attends.

#9 fchowd0311, Sep 22, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  10. fchowd0311

You aren't a true libertarian until you make an argument that age of consent is authoritarian.

jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Amazing that they don’t run all levels of government in Mississippi.

FranchiseBlade and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Medical Treatments for Trans Youth Cut Rates of Depression, Suicidal Thoughts (usnews.com)

Investigators came to that conclusion after tracking the mental health of 104 transgender and nonbinary kids, aged 13 to 20. Over a year, roughly two-thirds received puberty blockers, gender-affirming hormone treatment or both; the remainder had no treatment.

Those who got treatment experienced a 60% drop in depression risk and a 73% drop in suicidal thoughts, on average, researchers found.

My question here is whether the normalization of non-conforming gender among minors creates an environment in which more kids identify as such and are consequentially more prone to depression/suicide. Do we have a reliable way of separating out kids with gender dysphoria who reach that state due to social conditions (e.g., encouragement of peer group) versus natural development?

rhino17 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. fchowd0311

Mostly groomers.

jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. CCorn

CCorn Member

Correct. 2 Types: libertarians and Trump Supporters that are too embarrassed to admit they voted for trump.

Rashmon, jiggyfly and VooDooPope like this.
  16. Xopher

Xopher Member

Please point to the exact moment in the video where she says these surgeries are performed on minors.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

More hateful rhetoric from the GOP.

My sister has had the hardest time keeping my Biracial Trans Nephew alive. He's finally 18 and his mental health has been improving and the GOP demonizing kids like him and adding more fuel to the "Anti-Trans" fire won't help anyone who is a, or has a troubled teen.

Just another attempt to win votes from the bigots.

18. fchowd0311

Honestly you probably shouldn't share that story. There are going to be posters here who are going to claim that your sister was the cause of your nephew's mental health for accepting that he is trans. Just be warned there are people that disgusting here.

Rashmon, leroy and VooDooPope like this.
  19. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I have most of them on ignore already and there's plenty of room left for more.

deb4rockets, jiggyfly, ROCKSS and 2 others like this.
  20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

fchowd0311 likes this.