1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[trailer] The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by monkeyboy32, Sep 3, 2009.

1. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

its about friggin time!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3vzynkteq1Y&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3vzynkteq1Y&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That looks really ****ty...

3. RocketsFanSam

RocketsFanSam Contributing Member

I thought rocco died? Looks like he is in the film... aaaaand this looks pretty bad.

4. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Without Willem Dafoe, the first movie wouldn't have been close to as good as it was. He had a lot of classic lines/scenes in the first movie.

5. aghast

aghast Member

If you ever want to know why the director Troy Duffy sabotaged his own career, never made a dime off Boondock Saints, and ended up back as a bouncer soon after making that film (I guess it took him this long to get a second chance), rent Overnight.

It documents how he backstabbed his close friends and family, repeatedly bit the producers' hands that fed him, and was an all-around drunkard, misogynist and lout. At the end of the documentary, at the premiere of Boondock, someone tries to run him over with a car, and everyone in the audience is rooting for that someone.

6. Convictedstupid

This looks so bad.

7. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

it doesnt look that great but hey im still gonna watch it!

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That is the worst trailer i've ever watched.

9. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

To be fair, Overnight was made by two of those friends he backstabbed but yeah, he does come off as a first class douchebag. It's definitely a story that has to be seen to be believed.

10. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

Looks like a good shoot-em-up.

11. aghast

aghast Member

Yeah, it's a sign of hubris that the guy thought to himself: Hey, why don't I hire my two good buddies to film me being an overnight, bartender-to-Hollywood-star success!

Then he proceeds to ---- everyone over, forgetting that he's doing it on film. Then decides to renege on the very people who have control of that damaging film.

Crossing the '90s version of the Weinsteins probably was enough to kill his career, but if it wasn't, that documentary certainly did.

In the documentary, Duffy has the balls to constantly make fun of Willem Dafoe for his professionalism & preparation (as opposed to Duffy's and a few other actors'/crew's constant blackout-level drinking), when Dafoe is the only thing worth watching in his movie.

I think Siskel used to have the line about lousy movies featuring big stars, "Why didn't they throw out the script, and just film the same people having lunch?" Overnight pretty much did that, and is ten times better than any fiction Duffy ever created.

12. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Regardless of how bad the trailer may seem, I'll still watch it. I'm such a huge fan of the first movie, this one is a must see for me.

Besides, the trailer doesn't look THAT bad. The dad looks badasterik in this movie. Apparently, there will be flash backs of how he evolved into what he and his sons are presently.

Also, that is not Rocco. Romeo is his name. I don't like how he is similar to Rocco, but it could be a nice little side story.

Dafoe was great in the first one. Change it up from homosexuality to "hot" chick cop. I don't like how she seems similar to Dafoe's character though. In the brief appearance on the trailer, it looks to be that way.

Sure, it looks like Duffy didn't get the original cast and had to write around the missing actors, but I'll bet the action is just as good.

I love revenge/redemption action movies like The Crow. So, I'll be watching this one

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I thought the first movie was overrated but still decent. I will rent this on DVD simply because I think Julie Benz is insanely hot.

14. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

+1

I thought the film overall was a bit over-rated, Dafoe was what made it good, IMO.

15. RocketsFanSam

RocketsFanSam Contributing Member

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1300851/

Rocco is in the credits, I sure hope he doesn't pop up and say guess what guys! I didn't die I just dont have a hand!

16. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

this doesn't look good. At first I thought it was different actors but time hasn't been good to those actors.

"Wyatt ****ing Earp"

17. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

To be fair, there's no way in hell you could edit that footage to make Duffy look like anything but a major league D-bag.

18. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

This film will have to be out of this world awesome to do the original any justice... I'm not holding my breath for anything fantastic.