1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trading our draft players!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Junkyard Dog, Jun 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

Okay I now realized that we need a SF, but this draft basically had nothing but forwards in it I'm just saying we could ahve done so much better!

------------------
    -Junkyard Dog
    "Maybe we need an enema"
    - Othella Harrington

2. davo

davo Contributing Member

JYD,

This is one of the worst arguments I've ever seen presented. If you had of left out any reference to white & black you may have had something.

------------------
    http://rocketdavo.tripod.com

3. pebbleholder

pebbleholder Member

Langhi is a 3 in my opinion. From what I have seen, he can shoot the 3, can post up and score b/c of his height. He seems to be a very smart player, and I think he will fit in well with Francis, Cat, and Anderson. I was disappointed at first, but then I realized we got a versatile 3 and a 4 that can open the lane for Francis, Cat, and Anderson. Hopefully the picks next year will pan out and make this a good draft.

------------------

4. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

Alright you have told me now how both our guys fit in with our team, but Right now I'm confused why the Jazz didn't pick them both. If Langhi can post and shoot 3's and Collier can set picks and shoot the mid-range jumper sounds like a tall Karl Malone and a better Jeff Hornecek

------------------
    -Junkyard Dog
    "Maybe we need an enema"
    - Othella Harrington

[This message has been edited by Junkyard Dog (edited June 29, 2000).]

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Ugh. Lets leave race out of this...

Also JD -- give up the Brent Price bit.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

6. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

Personally I don't know what the Rockets were thinking going after a bunch of forwards. I wish we would have at leats gotten Mike Miller or traded up for him or one of the good forwards! We need more young guys who can run with Stevie, Cuttino, Anderson, Cato*. *Yeah Cato I'm sure that these guys that we got can't out run Cato!

The point I'm trying to make is even if we wanted to trade them we couldn't just beacuse they're white and no-one else wants them!!! I expected a trade up from the Rockets or at least I thought DerMarr Johnson would've beeen around for #9. Some of y'all at least try to change my mind because I like the Rockets and I really don't like doggin' any player on the current roster!

------------------
    -Junkyard Dog
    "Maybe we need an enema"
    - Othella Harrington

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

You saying someone wouldn't want Larry Bird? Arvydas Sabonis in his prime? Austin Croshere? God, this white/black argument is getting so old. The color of your skin doesn't matter- it's whether or not you can play. And if you think the white guy fits your team better, you pick him.

------------------
    Cheaters never win. Unless you play for LA that is.

8. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

John Rocker could not have said it better.

Come people, get off the white vs. black thing. These guys are all basketball players, and we should judge them solely on that fact.

------------------

9. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

Look at Bryce Drew he sucks he can score when he gets minutes but he sucks when he comes of the bench. We are already stocked at the Forward position. we don't need a whole bunch of tall bryce drews running around on the court. I just want to know what these guys can do on the court I don't want them to be more Bryce Drews!

------------------
    -Junkyard Dog
    "Maybe we need an enema"
    - Othella Harrington

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

So if there's one bad white guy that makes everyone white bad? We aren't at all stacked at the forward positions, that's why we got these guys.

------------------
    Cheaters never win. Unless you play for LA that is.

11. TraJ

TraJ Member

One word: IGNORANT

------------------

12. Brent Price

Brent Price Member

Usually I agree with JYD but I think Rudy T and the staff known what they're doing. Bryce Drew would probably be awesome if he was taller!

------------------
    -Brent Price Bye the way check out www.junkyarddog.web.com

13. Behad

No, we are stocked at the guard position, forwards are what we are lacking most.
    So what do we need, a bunch of short Rod Rhodes or Derrick Cheivious' on the court? What we need are basketball players, preferably good basketball players. But if they are not available, then we need Rudy to make them work in our system.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Behad (edited June 29, 2000).]

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Some white guys are good, some suck. Some black guys are good, some suck. There are more good black players than white players. However, there are also many more BAD black players than white players. Here would be a good project. Divide up the players into black and white and then further divide those inot good players and bad players. This part is of course opinion based, but there can be data behind it. Say players who get over 15 minutes a game are good, less bad. Then find the %'s and see what the deal is (Of course, even this would be very far from accurate and Im sure there are numerous holes in this kind of analysis, but it would be interesting nonetheless).

Remember that song by Michael JAckson--Black and White or something like that. I thought that sucked. The morphing faces in the video were kinda neat though.

------------------
    When I die I want to go peacefully like my grandfather. Not screaming like the passengers in the back seat!

15. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

Listen we have
    Walt Williams
    Matt Bullard
    Carlos Rogers
    Tony Massenburg
    "Pig" Miller
    Kenny Thomas
    *Shandon Anderson (who can move over to the three)

Remember last season when we where doing good we hardly ever had a big line-up out. When we where winning we used our small fast line-up: Steve Francis , Cuttino Mobley, Shandon Anderson, Walt Williams, Kelvin Cato or Moochie Norris, Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley or Shandon Anderson, Walt Williams, Kelvin Cato.

The reason I'm saying we don't need these guys is beacuse both of them are forwards. Dan Langhi we don't need and Jason Collier I don't mind if we play him at the Center, but he is listed as a Power Forward so I really don't know...

------------------
    -Junkyard Dog
    "Maybe we need an enema"
    - Othella Harrington

16. Behad

So JYD, your saying that a 260 lb forward who can set picks for the small guys, as well as hit the mid range shot if the defense collapses is a bad thing? None of the forwards on our team fit that description...until now.

------------------

17. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Behad you are making me believe in that Collier was a good pick. [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

18. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

That's exactly what I wanted to hear someone telling me something good about one of the players we got!!! Thank You Behad, Now I will probably start liking Collier. Until I see Joe Przybilla do better than him!!!
    But until someone can tell me something good about Dan Langhi and why he fits best on our team I will not be satisfied

------------------
    -Junkyard Dog
    "Maybe we need an enema"
    - Othella Harrington

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Why would anybody say we dont need forwards? That is what we need. We need SF's and we need PF's. We also need Centers. Get of the fact that he is a forward. If you dont like the pick becuase of the position he plays than you show no basketball knowledge.

------------------
    When I die I want to go peacefully like my grandfather. Not screaming like the passengers in the back seat!

20. Brent Price

Brent Price Member

Okay I see what your saying JYD you just wanted to know why we got these guys well Behad pretty much said why we need Jason Collier, and I agree with you that we should stick him at Center, but as for Dan Langhi I have not a clue!!!!

------------------
    -Brent Price Bye the way check out www.junkyarddog.web.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.