1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trading Mobley would mean trading Francis as well

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cipherous, Feb 4, 2003.

1. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

I agree, if Mobley goes, Francis would be a very unhappy camper. At least at this stage of things.

2. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Jeff
    Do you think that will EVER happen? Do you really think that Steve will EVER realize (assuming that is the case) that his best friend's game is detrimental to the team - so moving him will be good? Do you really think that Steve will ever see things rationally in this regard? I doubt it. When the team finally moves Cutino and Cato + draft picks for Brand + whoever I hope the do not seek permission from Steve.

But I still love Cutino though but.....

3. PhiSlammaJamma

I agree that he cannot be traded. Moving the big Cat would not only take the sail out of Steve Francis, but the Rockets as well. There's no way he'll get traded. Cat is the heart and soul of this team. He may not play like it all the time. But he's the glue. Some Hall of Famers would agree.

4. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Which hall of famers are you referring to?

5. tozai

tozai Member

There aren't exactly many "enforcers." The idea of a defensive stopper for the most part is BS. Other than Artest, Christie, and Bowen, who else is there? Posey is a decent defender. Cat maybe is playing too many minutes, or maybe he should be a 6th man, but I don't see why we should trade him. Most of his faults could be corrected by coaching. Don't complain about his assists when he is a SG. How many assists do Rip, Paul Pierce, or Wally get? He should get more assists and he should have better shot selection, but his offensive production and how much he is paid compared to other SGs are of such a high value. He's not a horrible defender either BTW. Yeah, how hard is it for you all to understand Cat and Steve want to win more than anyone else on the team. Who are the gym rats? Who work out like crazy during the summer on their games?

6. Cipherous

Cipherous Contributing Member

Also, one of the reasons why Mobley resigned with the Rockets was because of Steve.

7. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Okay.
    GET RID OF BOTH OF THEM.
    Jesus.
    They can't learn.
    And when they learn.......they get too excited and forget how to execute.
    I'd rather have DAJUAN WAGNER......well someone who is OK.....with Yao than them. He's much cheaper....and will give it to Yao.
    OR WE BETTER GET A MEAN COACH THAT CAN DISCIPLINE BOTH OF THEM.
    We really nead like an Isaiah Thomas or somebody.
    Cuz we just lost to the crappiest team in the world. And it looked like they thought they won the Championship or something.
    YAO is good. Just give him the ball. It's hard...but WE HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO DO IT.
    And these guards.......either keep both of them and WE BETTER MAKE THEM GET IT...or get rid of both of them.
    I would rather have a Tony Parker and a Bruce Bowen or Steve Smith or Stephen Jackson who are all cheap but good role players.
    Then we could also have a good Elton Brand or a Tim Duncan or something.
    It just can't work out.
    Losing to the Cavs......almost Nuggets.....WARRIORS....Grizzlies...can't do that. THE HEAT?!? THE KNICKS?!?!? LORD
    We are not making the playoffs.
    Sorry...I got off subject.
    But we need to either trade both of them or teach them to get it together.

8. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. Cipherous

Cipherous Contributing Member

I think its possible to have Mobley back up Steve at the 2 spot. We just need to get a real vet point guard that keeps the team in check.

10. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

This is because they are great ISO players and Rudy apparently calls ISO dribble fests 75% of the time. Since this doesn't play to anyone else's strengths, of course he'll play them the whole game.

11. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

This whole thing makes no sense at all. Nobody is bigger than the TEAM! If the Bulls can trade away MJ's bodyguard, the Oakman, to the Knicks, who the hell does Steve think he is?

12. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Cuttino is not Steve's best friend.