1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trades The Rockets Should Consider Before The Playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ABS, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Do they conflicting viewpoints? I know where perv2penis will be this Wednesday

2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

You are the clown, Mr. Clown:)

I'd ask for an exhaustive list of additional criteria you will continue to subsequently add in the face of evidence provided, but I don't think I have to time to read your art of war about how a three isn't really a three:)

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  3. ABS

ABS Member

These hit-men that moves in a pack on here to control the status quo of Rocket basketball need to be put-down.

Are there any Rox Fans here daring to be free from the status quo here on Clutchfan? Do you feel you can't speak your mind in total freedom out of concern of being shamed by these "hit-men" that moves in a pack and do character assasinations on you?

Listen...I know these online operations happens. It's how they control the type of mindset "they" want you to have.

Thry want to brainwash you to think stuff like,

' Ryan Anderson is better than Serge Ibaka.'

'Sam Dekker is a future All-Star that will be a Leader of a Team later."

"We need to trade for Casspi/Dunleavy/Vucevi and guys like that."

Fellow Rox fans, these guys are bullies..Don't let them shut you down and submit to their viewpoints. Form yourself a posses just like they do....just like they did to me here by tag-teaming, and then character assasination of me and mocking me.

You gotta step back and see what's going here. If you see "hit men" like that....you need to quickly have your own clique that push for the general views of Rox Fans that believe in normal-thinking like:

"Ryno is not better than Ibaka. Ibaka is better."

"Dekker is no superstar-in-the-waiting. He might fare better as a Star player in hockey than basketball."

"Guys like Casspi, Dunleavy, Rubio etc...
    are scrubs. Not guys that are the headline of a trade package."

That's normal thinking in the NBA. Right, folks? So, you see the opposite force going against that. Recognize them. Watch how they speak; the things they say and how they tag-team their support for one another to influence the status quo or thinking on Rockets basketball.

Dont sit back and be sucken in through brainwashing. Form your own of like-minded individuals and help keep Rockets Basketball, Rockets Basketball and the way the NBA is shaped today.

#83 ABS, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    fckbandwagons likes this.
  4. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

You joined less than a week ago and are on a self important crusade.

Nothing to see here

5. ABS

ABS Member

Prime example. You see the key words they use, folks?

"nothing to see here."

So, he's riding on his credibility as a Poster and his short, terse little comments gives him the flair and clout for you guys to believe him and follow his thinking and be one mind,

"ABS is nothing to see."

And boom! They knock me out of relevancy and gain more followers to their viiews that

"Dekker is a future All-star and Superstar Player."

"Ryno is better than Ibaka."

"Casspi is a BEAST."

Be aware, my fellow Rox fans. Recoginize them and kerp them in their place.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  6. Chamillionaire

Everybody I've interacted with on the board has been cool. I'm having a great time this year watching this team. Even though we've come back down to reality after a blistering December, all in all I've enjoyed the last 4-5 weeks too.

If we can get a few more 3s to fall and continue improving on defense and rebounding, nobody would have any reasons to complain. I hope Gordon sits out the rest of the games til AS weekend so that he gets his legs under him for the 2nd half of the season. Ryno has been a disappointment because when his shots aren't falling, and they often aren't, he doesn't seem to do anything to be worthy of that contract.

napalm06 likes this.
  7. ABS

ABS Member

Great comment, fella..I agree alot with your points.

#87 ABS, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Chamillionaire likes this.
  8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Thing about Anderson is he clicks with the teams chemistry and also i don't believe it to be a good look getting rid of a guy we just signed...

Ibaka realistically does not get us over the top or get us into a win now situation unless other trades are also made.

Dekker really has a bright future and we should not move him.

The only person I'm fine moving from the starters is Ariza!

9. ABS

ABS Member

Well, besides the Ibaka trade (if it goes down), Morey is said to be weighting signing a veteran PG...J.Jack. I think Ben McLemore would be better though.

I'd move Bev with the 2nd unit and let E. Gordon start at SG. The reason why, putting Ibaka in the starting unit negate the defensive absence of Bev.

McLemore and K.J. on the court together with the 2nd unit looks good. And the reason why, K.J..is unselfish .....unlike Dekker who is selfish and kills chemistry. And Ben McLemore is also unselfish.

The chemistry will be strong when you pair the right guys with each others.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Ibaka is having a very impressive 3 point shooting season this year, but the divide between him and Anderson is still on 3 pt shooting is still pretty wide.

Anderson makes 180% of what Ibaka does, nearly double the amount of made three's per game.

On top of that, Ibaka has only been shooting 3's for 3 seasons basically, which is a decent sample size, but it's not Ryan Anderson. Anderson have been a 3pt shooter... his whole life. He is a natural shooter. 2.1 3pm in his 9 year nba career on 38%, 1.8 made three's on 40% in 2 seasons of college, highly likely was a good shooter in HS and JH.

Ibaka's shooting also could dip hard next year, just like how he went from 37.5% in 2015 on 1.2 makes per game, to 32.5% on .8 in 2016. It's normal for non natural shooters to be inconsistent from season to season. Anderson is different, his career low season was 34% on 2 makes per game in a season where he missed over 20 games due to injury. Outside of that he hasn't dipped below 36.5%.

Anderson is just a natural caeer 3pt shooter. who makes more 3's, at a significantly higher clip and at a higher percentage.

Ibaka's shooting just likely wouldn't replace Anderson's, that being said Ibaka is better in other important aspects of the game, like shot blocking, finishing in the paint, rebounding and of course overall defense/athleticism. Only thing Anderson has on Ibaka besides 3pt shooting is FT percentage, assist percentage(minor), and surprisingly steals percentage (minor).

RocketWalta and Rox11 like this.
  11. ABS

ABS Member

All solid points but the fact is: Anderson' average dipped significantly coming from the Pelicans averaging 17 ppg to 13 ppg with the Rockets while having greater touches at the 3. And I don't think that will change. In 4 years (as is the duration of his contract), he will never top 20 ppg in average. Gordon have a better shot averaging 20 ppg, though.

It's Fool's Gold that Morey gave that ridiculous contract to Anderson.

And I have already beaten this debate to death how Anderson pads his stats. Some "Silly Clown" took me up on a challenge to prove how Anderson padded his stats.

I couldn't believe he gifted-wrapped some ammunition for me to use on him, and I gladly shot that Clown down with his own materials in the form of youtube videos of top echelon teams and Ryan' Anderson' performance.

I broke it down by EACH QUARTER and what Anderson was doing. He missed alot of shots (3s) when it mattered the most. But connected on his 3s when it didn't matter as the game was already decided and the Rox took a loss.

And some tag-team buddy (or the Clown himself) came back and tried to discredited what I proved by saying,

"I didn't ask for that...."

As if it's about what you asked for. Pfft! It's what I TOLD YOU, boy!

12. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Ariza and KJ, 2nd for W.Chandler. Brewer,Harrell, 2nd for ibaka.

Harden
    Bev
    Chandler
    Ibaka
    Capella

Bench:Gordon, Anderson, Dekker, NeNe

steveng125 likes this.
  13. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Hmmm, I think I see a pattern here.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  14. ABS

ABS Member

Not bad. I can go with that.

15. ABS

ABS Member

....me too.

16. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Maybe just use money to sign short contract half year from excellent overseas players like Michael Beaselay last year without changing existing players. We can fire those bench players to have more salaries if it requires.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Dekker is selfish?
    never though about him in that way, to me its more like hes confident and goes for the kill at the slightest opportunity instead of just making passes pro forma

18. NBA_Elite

NBA_Elite Member

this is not playing 2k.. trade away half of the team completely destroys team chemistry.

imo what Morey would do is to have a flexible cap, make a couple of minor trades and sign a big name in the off season.

The ultimate goal this year is to make sure Harden secures the MVP and our team become an attractive place for free agents to join.

19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

But can Anderson go with that?

20. steveng125

steveng125 Member

This is a solid line up but will need time to build new chemistry. Probably alot more harden turnovers in the transition taking away 2 of his starters