1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trades The Rockets Should Consider Before The Playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ABS, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmao

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Other teams should trade us their good players, we'll send them our bad players. Rockets are going somewhere! These other teams aren't so they should just take our trash, give us their best and just accept it - no ifs, ands, or buts about it!

;):rolleyes:

MorningZippo and don grahamleone like this.
  3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Cede them, you mean, so 'we' can achieve a greater seed, yes?

4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

?

5. ABS

ABS Member

You citing stats but are you also looking at the games and see how he's getting his points? One of the fewest productive games he had was against the Warriors.

He came right out of the gate hitting 3s "WHEN IT MATTERED THE MOST"......that's how we broke out with the big lead and rode it into the 4th quarter and edge the Warriors.

Besides that game, Anderson' better shooting performances can be chalked up against inferior teams hoovering around .500 and below. Two, he does some of his better-shooting when THE GAME IS ALREADY DECIDED and we're on the way to a loss but Anderson out there making 3s against the other team' 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Thus he's padding his stats the cheap way. He's not consistently doing that against top-echelon teams' starting 5s, WHEN WE NEED IT IN THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME.

I remember watching a game where he missed 7 straight shots, and 3 or 4 of those missed shots were 3-pointers. And he was wide-open on most of them. D'Antoni pulled him out before his alloted minutes for the 1st quarter. He sucks!

That's where the "effeciency" comes in....when it matters the most and he don't deliver. But when we are down 10+ points and like 4 minutes to go in the 4th qaurter with half of the other' team starting 5 on the bench, Anderson out there padding his stats against inferior competition when the game is already decided.

It is for that reason he is a BENCH LEVEL player. Not to mention, his lack of defense to help us. Ibaka is way more superior in that regard. Even Eric Gordon is far better at shooting 3s with effeciency and accuracy, and why he's our 2nd lead Scorer.

Anderson should be averaging 20 ppg with the open-looks he gets. But for a 80 millions/4 year contract, this guy is averaging a point more than our 4th highest-paid player; Trevor Ariza. At 13 ppg.

Man, Anderson SUCKS!

Ibaka is BETTER.

6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

It's called confirmation bias, look it up.

You remember the bad stretches because you dislike Ryan and his price tag. He latch on to every cold streak and discredit his hot streaks. Then, without merit or evidence, you claim all his production is against inferior teams and pad his stats.

Beside that being incredibly incorrect I actually watch the games. He does the exact same thing game in and game out, beginning or end. He is the most consistent in terms of what he actually does and provides it's ridiculous to claim otherwise.

His shot, like every shooter ever, has peaks and valleys of shooting that typically regresses to the norm over a long period of time. The mean for Ryan is an elite over 40% of his attempts, at about 7 attempts per game.

Very very few can do that at such volume, let alone it be someone who is 6'10.

Your letting his dislike of his game and contract blind you from his production in terms of the team.

His spacing is otherworldly. Besides Steph curry no one attempts and makes as many long 3s in the game. Why is curry so good? Not fuucking defense. It's his ability to pull up from anywhere.

Anderson's absolute value to this team is his ability to spot up from anywhere.

Say we are playing the magic and Ibaka. Well guess what? Ibakas greatest defensive skill is weakside defense. Well you see, here's Ibaka guarding Ryan 25 feet from the rim allowing Harden to go one on one against biyombo.

In a vacuum, Ibaka is the better overall all around player. He does everything above average. Ryan is under average at a lot of things, but the most important thing for this team he does, he's one of the best all time if not the best.

I think he is overpaid, I really like and want Ibaka. But Ibaka is a backup 4 here and a starting 5. Ibaka cannot consistently space the floor like Anderson can. If we land Ibaka it will not be at the expense of Ryan.

Watch the games. I mean watch the games to understand rotations and not just the ball going in or not. Understand offensive sets and defensive steps.

I get your new here, and you seem pretty knowledgeable some what. But step back read more and watch more. Don't going spewing your beliefs as fact because then you start to sound like _holic and you don't want that rep. Do research and try to defend your claim. You may realize you have the wrong claim.

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Slow your roll. There is a lot of crazy going on in this thread and with OP, but don't be attacking another poster and claim Dekker has potential to become borderline all star player in the same post. That is just not true. He will never be considered for an all star spot. I would bet everything I own on that if I didn't have to wait ten years for my payout. He will just never be that good.

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I thought it was funny so I let you know I was laughing my ass off

9. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

SERGE IBAKA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. ABS

ABS Member

Im sorry man, but your argument does not add up. You are not being realistic about Anderson' game. Its YOUR bias in support of Anderson than my not liking his contract and performance.

You want to argue with me about Anderson' effeciency snd accuracy? Just look at E. Gordon' production. He's doing this off the bench, man. And putting up 17 ppg. For a stretch, he was hitting seven 3s a game. That's 3-point attempts MADE.

Anderson is nowhere near that clip, man. And he's a Starter with the best PG in the league who is averaging 11.3 ast. a game. Out of the 5 starters, everyone (Capela/Ariza/Bev) and Harden himself, have up their average EXCEPT Anderson. Anderson averaged 17 ppg with the Pelicans and coming off the bench.

With the Rockets, he's getting way more touches, way more quality spacing and averaging just 13 ppg. Do the math....if he's hitting at 40% on 3s as a Starter and getting 30+ minutes, he should be averaging around 20 ppg.

But he's barely at 13 ppg and projecting to go below that to around 10 to 12 points a game by season end. That can mean one thing in reference to his 40% on 3s:

He's doing it against inferior competion or 2nd and 3rd stringers for a span of 2 to 4 minutes, which essentially pads his stats as the reason you see that 40% from 3s.

He's not hitting that against team' starting 5s on a consistent basis. He's hitting that against 2nd and 3rd stringers, man. Eric Gordon is the one hitting at a high mark against team' starting 5s, thus he is effeceint and more accurate than Anderson.

Give Ibaka' Anderson' minutes and spot, I gaurantee Ibaka' average of 15 ppg will be up to 20 or 21 points a game in 30+ games to go for the season. I gauranteed it!

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

All I want to know is why is this thread still going, we already have an older thread for something like this.

Remlap likes this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

The problem with this trade proposal is how do get the other team to do the trade? Thats why there's a stickied thread out there because after the initial conversation on the trade proposal is done the talk stops...so what? Every poster here can agree on the trade however nothing will happen. The Rox can "consider" trades all day long but unless the other party agrees its all useless. Esp. a trade proposal like this without any legs or rumors behind it whats the point? Rox can consider Brewer for Lebron James and Chinanu for Anthony Davis.

14. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

***Gordon and Anderson are different players and bring different things to the table. Gordon can create his own shot. Anderson can not. Anderson is a complimentary piece to Harden. Yes in a vacuum Anderson isn't the most impressive player ever. You still aren't looking at his impact on the team holistically. You are just isolating the fact that he doesn't have a sexy game for you to watch.

**** do what math? the math already shows that he is shooting .403 on threes and is averaging 13.7 ppg. He makes 2.7 threes per game and takes 6.8 threes per game. The math has been done for us already. What math do you want us to process?

*****honestly thats a terrible argument. I'm trying to not come across as rude or condescending but I don't think you know how to write or develop an argument. The evidence you provided doesn't connect to or support your claim at all. How does him averaging 13 ppg only mean one thing and that one thing is that he's doing it against inferior competition for a span of 2 to 4 minutes???? In fact Anderson plays most of his minutes with our starting 5 and against other starting 5s. Eric Gordon is our guy who lights up the other teams 2nd units. It's already been established that you don't how to argue very well but I'm starting to doubt whether or not you even watch the games.

I'll concede that Anderson is a little overpaid (who isn't in todays NBA market) but its not my money. It's Leslie Alexanders money and I don't think the alternatives you provided to how we spend his salary make us a better team.

By the way Anderson's game lends it self to being able to put up 13 points in 2-4 minute hot stretches... those are the times he is left open. When he is not left open he changes the spacing of our offense which gives Harden more opportunities to be productive. Do you see how the threat of Anderson being open changes the way teams guard us? (I already provided my evidence for this claim in one of my earlier posts)

Your arguments are just complete trash. No one here even made the claim that Anderson is a better player than Gordon and that's how you respond to our arguments that Anderson is a very valuable (probably top 3) player in our offense.

You are getting clowned by Big Maloe and not even responding to any of our points. You should just stop.

BigMaloe likes this.
  15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

funny that he didn't know his name

16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

OK look. You need to understand role and context a little more.

Ego is our main scorer and ballhandler when Harden sits. The offense runs through him. He has much more opportunity to score.

Conversely that goes against your asinine argument that Ryan is beating bench players and ego is doing it against starters. Ryan starts and gets the majority of his minutes against starters. Ego comes off the bench and gets the majority of his minutes against backups.

How could you absolutely argue the wrong end on that?

Further more. Let me do some looking up for you since you don't seem to want to.

Ryan takes 10.8 fga per game. 6.8 from 3 at .404%.
    Ego takes 14.1 fga per game. 9.2 from 3 at .387%

They play near identical minutes per game Ryan 30.8 and ego with 30.5.

So you see that's how you define role with some basic stats.

Ryan has 13.8 ppg and ego has 17.3 ppg a 3.5 difference per game.

If you match the amount of shots who gets with Ryan it would be an added 2.6 3pta and an extra 0.9 2pta. Using Ryan's %s that gives him an extra 3.15+0.81=3.96

Which would... You guessed it put him scoring more than ego with the same amount of shots because he's more efficient

The reason ego scores more is because of volume. He's shooting very good and at a higher volume than rhyno just not as efficient.

I would love Ryan to be shooting more because he is so efficient and would improve our scoring.

You know why he doesn't? Because defense know they have to guard him tight. And when they don't? He kills them with his shooting

I love Gordon, more so than Ryan because he can create and pull up. But your still being confused.

#56 BigMaloe, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

brewer, ennis, future 2nd for lebron

18. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

we are on the same page. I gave a very similar argument 2 comments above yours. OP doesnt like context and numbers though. Hes just gonna try to disqualify your argument and pull rank by saying "i played basketball and you didnt"

BigMaloe and MorningZippo like this.
  19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You're focused on what Anderson does statistically, not what he does to defenses. He's a sniper and you have to account for him. He parks himself at a place on the court where a defender can't help guard anyone. It's not exciting, but the offense is and that's because it's 4 vs 4 when he's on the court for many of his minutes. If the defense on him sags, he's deadly when open.

Something tells me you're a scoreboard watcher and a fan of another team.

Daddy Long Legs and BigMaloe like this.
  20. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

By all around contribution, that being, not only his own ability to score, but how much better everyone currently playing becomes at scoring, it's obvious
    Confirmation bias is going to play a big role in your future, and how you react to the news is going to change you as a person, for better or worse.

Daddy Long Legs and BigMaloe like this.