1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trades The Rockets Should Consider Before The Playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ABS, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Rockets4Life13

Honestly everyone who would trade dekker for ibaka is dumb to me. Dekker was projected as a lottery pick if not for his injury and he has been healthy this season and improved a ton. No one really knows what his real potential could be, so why trade him for a declining ibaka? Win now? Cmon. If we are not able to win it this year, ibaka would change nothing.

Rox11 likes this.
  2. ABS

ABS Member

The only reason he's made "valuable" is due to his contract. The 2nd highest pay on the team when any Rockets fan would tell you that he is grossly over-paid.

I mean, your views of Anderson is in the minority among Rox fans. The fact Anderson averages 13 ppg and Ariza 12 points a game and Ariza makes 8 millions a season and made more 3s than Anderson, is downright embarassing. Especially when Morey brought this guy over specifically to shoot the 3 ball at a high and effecient rate. He is not living up to that billing, though.

Morey didn't make a mistake signing this guy. This type of signing is what you call, "Fool's Gold." And Morey got burned giving this guy Superstar money whom is not able to create his own offense without the help of the team. Nor is his defense anything to brag about when Capela gonna catch ALOT of beatings in the Playoffs.

I almost feel sorry for Capela. He got no weak-side help, defensively. Which is why Ibaka make alot of sense for what we need at the 4 spot.

I wouldn't put much stock in what Morey rave about Anderson. Morey never played organized basketball at the highest level. He just crunch numbers and do trades.

He don't know the ins and outs of the game like someone like me that actually played organized basketball. And D'Antoni is a Coach, he has to be on the same page with Morey' acquisitions. But knowing D'Antoni since his Phdonix Suns teams, Anderson doesn't fit the profile of the players to run a 7 Sec. or Less offense.

Last thing here, you removed Capela/Gordon/Ariza/Montrezl/Nene/Bev at anytime, individually, the Rockets won't fare too well. But if you remove Anderson, we may take an early hit but as the schedule goes on, we will more than make-up for it in his absence and even be better off without him.

Dekker had a game recently when he went off for 30+ point while Anderson was out with a flu. But affer he saw that game Dekker had, it was funny how quick he recovered from his illness, and was talking with the Media giys and back to his old self like nothing happened to him, and was ready to get back on the team. Haha.

He knows he sucks and not that good when his shots don't fall that he got scared to see how well the Rockets did without him in that game.

So, that tells you, Anderson is not a serious lock at the 4 spot, man. He's not an impact to us when we can find better, superior players at that spot that can give us more. Case in point: Serge Ibaka.

3. ABS

ABS Member

I only hear a segment of Rockets fans say stuff like that. They also saod the same stuff about Parsons. We see how that turned out. And there is no reason to think dekker is gonna be better or anything approaching someone like Haywood of the Jazz.

It just not in his ceiling. I see more promise in Montrezl than Dekker. And I see a better productive player in Witjer than Dekker.

And I would definitely trade Dekker for Ibaka ANY DAY. The Magic scooped out all of our guys, and from what Ive been reading around, they like:

- Capela
    - Montrezl
    - K.J.

And faint mentions of Dekker as a substitute if they cant get either Capela/Montrezl/K.J.

And its like that around the league. Guys like Anderson and Dekker is not gonna get more mentions than guys like Capela/Montrezl/K.J.

4. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Yea. Amazes me how many people think Morey has a Mr. Fusion and can dump half a can of beer and a banana people in and pull out 1.21 giggawatts. Mr. Fusion a wet fart in Brewer for any viable player. Yea I'll do it

awc713 likes this.
  5. Rockets4Life13

U disqualified yourself the moment you called Hayward Haywood. I've watched every game from the rox this season and I've watched enough basketball games overall to know that dekker has potential to become a very good (probably borderline all star player) in a couple of years which is what ibaka WAS in his prime. Stop the Parsons comparisons. Dekker is not Parsons, they are different people - simple as that.

MorningZippo, Astrodome and BigMaloe like this.
  6. jayfree

jayfree Member

I originally thought the Rockets would be looking into trading either Montrezl or Dekker. I didn't see a need to keep both of them (Especially off the bench) if we were able to flip one of them for a better piece that we are needing. But, now I am inclined to think that Ariza would demand a better trade scenario (Allowing us to slide Dekker right into his starting role). Especially since Ariza only has one more year left on his contract.

I think Dekker has a very nice upside to his game as he can put the ball in the hoop in many different ways. He has Ariza's 3 pt range but can slash to the hoop without turning the ball over. If we were to get I-block-ya this year I would rather Ariza be included in the trade talk and not Anderson. We can then move Capela to the bench and start I-block-ya and Dekker while not missing a beat.

Lastly, if we can get Courtney Lee back in Rockets red for any combination of Brewer, KJ and Ennis I would be happy.

And if you really want to change the pace at times you can put Anderson at SF when Montrezl comes in at PF (or other way around)

C- Ibaka
    PF- Anderson
    SF- Dekker
    SG- Beverley
    PG- Harden

Bench
    SG Gordon
    PF Montrezl
    C Capela
    C Nene
    SG Lee

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Try to convince Jordan that KJM is better than Belinelli.

8. ABS

ABS Member

Hayward. Big deal. Disqualified, though? Ha....okay, I guess (shrugs). Look, Dekker is a fine player off the bench but his ceiling is not gonna approach H•a•y•w•a•r•d, man.

He has no lateral quickness on defense. Too selfish to be put as a starter. Not enough consistency to shoot the 3 ball. Defense is not good enough to guard starting 3s and 4s. He will get WALLOPED every game.

And if him and R. Anderson are in a starting unit together, the Rockets will be a middle-of-the-pack team to barely making the 8th seed. And that's a big if they would make the 8th seed.

Think in terms of the Trailblazers, and the kind of starters they have..That will be the same fate awaits the Rockets if you put in two non-defensive guys with no consistency and selfishness.

Chemistry will be killed every game and Harden would to go in overdrive like he did in his first year when Parsons and Lin was apart of the starting 5 unit.

Im a long-time Rox fan to know that for a fact. I think you're looking at this outside of basketball and something more "personal" to see that Dekker and Anderson are starters. Ha.

We would get slaughtered in the West for sure.

#28 ABS, Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

10. ABS

ABS Member

He's going to the Pelicans, I bet.

DonKnock likes this.
  11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Rockets need Wilson Chandler. Geterrrr done Maury.

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I'm sorry man but you Disqualified yourself from intelligent dialogue. @Mathrocker mentioned so actually evidence and data to support his claim, and you responded with jibber.

To say Ryan was hires to come in and be efficient shooting and he just hasn't done that, is ludicrous. Besides @Mathrocker already pointing out the obvious in his post, he has been incredibly efficient. Even more so with James Harden.

Do you understand how efficient 1.41pps is? That is very very good. He's shooting over 40% from 3. And over 55% from the corners. Do you not recognize elite when it's presented to you?

You can't just make a claim he isn't doing what he was brought to do here, because you think he is getting overpaid superstar money.

I'm glad you played organized team ball, but if you can't recognize his value to this team means you never had a very high ball IQ. Anderson draws defenders, namely opposing pfs (who typically help defend and clog the lane!), all the way out PAST the perimeter because they have to respect and defend his shot. Including the ones he takes 3-4 ft behind the stripe.

I agree he is probably overpaid, but he provides such a vital skill to this offense, that that was the open market cost to acquire him.

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

lol if you think we are trading Anderson this year.

And as the others pointed out, there is no Chandler Wilson, J. Jack or Haywood currently in the league.

Tighten up OP then maybe create a thread.

15. rockets13champs

Who the fuq is chandler wilson... Did Chandler Parsons and Russell Wilson have a baby?

16. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Why would HOU ever do that? Ibaka is an expiring contract

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

You do realize the Rockets currently have the highest scoring offense in the half court?

So by your logic the Warriors who arnt even top 5 are really going to struggle.

The rockets are fine. I'm down for Ibaka if it only costs brew/Kj and Harrell and draft picks.

That's it thought

Ben mclemore would fit here but I would just try and sign him for cheap this offseason.

He's a lot better shooter than he's shown in sac and also a good defender. Super athletic just can't do much off the dribble.

18. Lightsnowaction

I think if we, as a team, are serious about winning big this year, Brewer will be gone and have a replacement after the deadline.

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmao

20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmao