1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade "thoughts" from ESPN's Chris Broussard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davidkconover, May 30, 2012.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Why should we help the Lakers? If they want to dump Gasol's very large contract, offer them the minimum we can get away with, or else pass. No future picks, and I'd rather give them Martin than Scola. If they don't want Martin, and they may not, then tell them "nevermind."

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Th real question is...
    Is Gasol worth Scola+KLow+4.5M more in cap/salary? (plus I think he's got a trade kicker that jacks Gasol's rate up even more...)

Pesonally, I'd rather get Josh Smith...

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I admire the audacity of your comment it is just an emotional opinion. Would you care to back up your statement with actual facts. Don't worry I don't expect you to do it.

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

He has a trade kicker up to $21.3 million. But I think we should get them both.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Sounds like a resounding "no" from Clutchfans.:grin:

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Exactly. The Rockets should act like they are considering something else for once instead of just giving whoever all the power in negotiations. At least make it seem like Lowry could go for a draft pick to another team.

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Getting rid of Scola is much more important right now than getting rid of Martin. Martin is an expiring contract and there is that 7' PF with 3 point range and a low post game and with great athleticism to consider. He will need playing time.

8. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

Broussard also goes on to say Bynum for Dwill. so the once tallest starting 5 in the NBA would have zero starting centers? Broussard just talks to say something and it should be noted he is a Lakers and Knicks fan.

9. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

You completely lost me on that one. Dwill is an UFA. No compensation to the nets if he packs up and leaves.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Then "get rid" of Luis, and Lowry, for someone else besides Gasol. I think it's too much.

11. dmoneybangbang

I don't know about all that as I don't see how you can afford to keep all those players, but I definitely got a feeling Josh Smith will be a likely target if . Morey never goes with what the media says. My slightly realistic lineup if we want to retool again is:

B. Lopez or J. McGee/Camby
    J. Smith/DMo
    Parson/Bud
    Lee/
    Dragic/

That lineup should certainly be deadly after a few seasons of experience and additions. I wouldn't mind McGee as much when pairing him with Smith and having Camby backing up.

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

And how is that a positive? Hell you are better off betting against most of these clowns.

13. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

His (Broussard) first trade proposal had Bynum exchange for Dwill in a sign and trade. I was just reiterating the fact that all his trades seem to be in favor of the Lakers or Knicks.

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Total agreement here. A definite improvement.

But Gasol and Smith can fit in the salary cap. It would take some maneuvering but I feel sure that Morey and his staff can easily figure that out.

15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I believe the Lakers main priority is dumping salary. An $86 million luxury tax is in their near future. And the owners cannot afford it.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Hey!!! I'm one of those clowns!!!!:mad::mad:

17. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

No to gasol but we can all agree about wanting Josh smith

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

LOL coach. In my eyes you will never be a clown.

19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

IMHO Gasol and Smith would be a classic 5/4 combo. It would bring back sweat memories of those HOF teams in McHale's eyes. I cannot think of a more complimentary 5/4 combo in the NBA today.

20. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...really dont understand why everyone thinks Houston is stupid enough to give most the good players on our team up for a softie on the backside of his career. Gasol is a great player to complement another star but Gasol alone for Scola, Lowry, and CBud doesn't make us win any more games.