1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade "thoughts" from ESPN's Chris Broussard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davidkconover, May 30, 2012.

1. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

As long as the Rockets then ask for Andrew Bynum instead, I have no problem with it.

I'd do the deal as constructed, but would like to get back Goudelock from the Lakers as well for the backup PG spot. Bud is pretty expendable, Parsons is not. Having Chandler as your primary wing defender means Martin can play big minutes. Getting rid of him means you write a one way ticket out of town for Kevin, and are forced to overpay Courtney Lee in FA.

2. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Do it.....and then offer whatever else it would take to get the other Gasol brother in a Rockets uniform too.

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Dead as a door nail in my mind.

But Lowry, Scola and maybe a throw in (like the protected Dallas pick) and I would be down.

4. sergio

sergio Member

Would both Gasols playing together be instant chemistry?

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yes, do this deal because we definitely want to stay afloat!

You hear those footsteps? It's another team about ready to pass the Rockets in the 'long-term, better, brighter future' category.

#25 J.R., May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
  6. Raven

Raven Member

In Morey we doubt.

7. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I do not want Gasol. At all. And he doesn't want to be here.

But since Lowry wants out, if we're unwilling to ditch McHale and if Dragic will agree to come back, I'd do Lowry for Gasol straight up. I wouldn't give them a single rotation player (or Morris) more.

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I think you misread the situation. Gasol, with Bynum in the game, cannot function on the low post because of all the reasons already detailed. And the low post is the major asset of Gasol's game. Add in the black hole Kobe (33 shot attempts and 0 assists from your SG - WTF?) and the whole Laker team looked disheartened through out the entire series. Kobe is now a team killer, and what star would willingly choose to play with him?

9. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

The Rockets have a long and storied history of mega-trading for stars well past their prime. I thought it was a Dawson thing. Apparently not.

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I would've done this trade before the deadline last season if we could've.

Despite some small minded posters protests, Gasol IS a star player and HAS still got plenty left in the tank.
    Skilled big men who can play both ends of the floor are rare. Having one enables you to build a contending team. Especially when that big man can pass as well.

Essentially we'd be giving up nothing of value to get him. Lowry is a fairly good point guard, Scola is a fairly good PF, Bud can shoot ok, but those are the kinds of guys who Morey can seemingly conjure up out of mid-air. Or, at worst, the kinds of guys who he can get by piecing together 'minor' assets.

1 person likes this.
  11. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

this.

12. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

You guys do realize that we turned down a Lowry for Gasol swap right?

13. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Lowry needs to be gone. But so does Scola. The FO has to clear up PT for Motiejunas next season, so Scola is not necessary. Basically trading Lowry and Scola costs nothing valuable. And Gasol, quoting knowledgeable and intelligent such as Magic last week, is a top 4 center in the NBA. And how valuable are centers that good?

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Yep, but that was before Dragic emerged and Lowry through his hissy fit.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol you talk about a one month and a half emergence and the beef between them went on around season start. :eek:

You don't trade away players just because you don't like them.... with that being said I'd try Gasol for just Scola and maybe Chase

16. rockets11champs

I got a strange feeling Orlando will finnaly trade Dwight to Houston and Dwill will follow. So that means Goran won't return.. But we could have a starting line up of
    Dwight
    Montejunas
    Parsons
    Lee
    Dwill
    Bench
    Llull, camby draft picks plus trade pieces

17. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I'm not interested in being the Lakers farm team.

Say no to Gasol, unless you like being a perrienial first round loser or semifinal loser at best.

If we have to trade Scola, Lowry and Martin, we need young players or draft picks.....or Howard.

18. rockets11champs

Honestly I'd rather have a passing point guard than a scorer in Dwill like dragic but u can not pass up on Dwill

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Deron can pass and shoot...... period

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

That is why Lakes make the deal; three rotation players in for fewer $$$s. On talent eval alone? Lakes say 'No!'

BTW - - how many times has this deal, this exact deal, appeared on this GARM? Great idea, man. :rolleyes: