1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade "thoughts" from ESPN's Chris Broussard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davidkconover, May 30, 2012.

1. davidkconover

davidkconover Member

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7987597/nba-trade-scenarios-andrew-bynum-rudy-gay-deron-williams

4. C Pau Gasol, L.A. Lakers for PF Luis Scola, PG Kyle Lowry and SF Chase Budinger, Houston Rockets

Scola dropped off this season but still had a fairly productive year, averaging 15.5 ppg and 6.4 rebounds. While he's not the player Gasol is, Lowry would more than make up the slack by giving the Lakers a legitimate starting point guard. Lowry is tough-minded, great defensively and a solid distributor. He would solve one of the Lakers's major problems, which is their ability to guard top-flight point guards. Budinger would sweeten the package with his athleticism and 3-point shooting at the small forward position.

For the Rockets, Gasol would finally give them the star player they've been dying for. Lowry, who has publicly stated his desire to be traded because of his dislike for Houston coach Kevin McHale, is expendable now that Goran Dragic has emerged. With Lowry gone, the Rockets can sign Dragic, and a one-two punch of Gasol and Dragic, with scorer Kevin Martin at the two-guard, could be pretty strong.

Please lock if already posted.

1 person likes this.
  2. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Hmm.....

Would do

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I'll rather hang myself than accept that deal

Pau = overrated, not something we need right now, too old

4. AXG

AXG Member

I'd do it if Dragic re-signs with the team

5. HorneR

HorneR Member

We weren't looking move Lowry for him then, and despite new information I just don't see why we'd do it now.

6. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

Gasol...star player? The one we've been dying for? I hate reading those exaggerations. Gasol isn't the star we've been dying for. A solid All-Star player, yes. the guy was a star in Memphis and struggled to fill that arena.

The trade is reasonable though.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Lakers would ask for Chandlers Parsons, not Budinger. Would that kill the trade for some of you?

8. cml750

cml750 Member

The trade doesn't excite me at all as described however I would accept it. If Parsons is involved I would be pissed.

9. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Obviously, the Rockets would accept this trade. It'd be a fantastic trade for us. I think Patterson and Gasol would actually complement each other very well on the offensive side.

10. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

I was all for the Gasol trade before the season but watching him play in the Thunder series really turned me off from him. He was playing disinterested and more so scared to screw up and offend Kobe who was visibly upset with him during games. But whatever, this teams needs a change for better or for worse

11. Spooner

Spooner Member

Yes. I would be on board otherwise.

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Yup. I think Parsons is a future stud. Defensively at least.

13. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I just want Broussard to say "This trade would be Dyno-MITE!..."

14. teebone21

teebone21 Member

gasol gets paid more than lowry and scola combined. 20 mill per year with a salary cap of 58 mill ,,,,,, HELL NO

15. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

We want Marc not Pau.

16. Relentless

Relentless Member

Never Parsons. Unless it's DH

17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Interesting.

I just dont want a team full of Euro's...

18. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

this trade might match up the salaries, but I still feel like that is giving up a lot on guy that is on his decline. Plus its known that he WANTS to play for the bulls. So I'm sure we will not see any aggressive play from him, considering he wants to play for a contender... just my opinion

19. Raven

Raven Member

There is no trade involving Gasol that interest me. Why help the Lakers keep the Kobe show going, especially if our reward for helping them is a 33 year old player who probably doesn't want to be here?

20. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

Will this deal just die already. Gasol is an aging softie, not a star to build a future around!