1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Terrence Jones ASAP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, May 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Sullinger vs jones

Defense: Sullinger
    Rebounding: Sullinger
    Shooting: Sullinger

Why would anyone pick jones atm over sullener atm?
    During the draft id understand based on potential but today right now sullinger easily

2. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Dude just looks timid in the playoffs.

He's always been the guy that can just roll over the inferior talent but gets caught with his tail in between his legs against more talent guys.

He would be effective in this series if he just gained some immediate confidence

3. basketballholic

Tell us who will take him malakas. You say MIL will give up #20 for him. if that is so.....then that deal will go down on draft night.

4. malakas

malakas Member

Ainge has a plan and that's it to consolidate all his "assets" for a big star. But in a vaccuum he would definitely right now.
    You don't understand. Sully WILL be out of the league in 3 years at best. He has knee and back problems even before he was an elephant and he can't stop eating and eating. Ainge has warned him and fined him repeatedly but he says ****** excuses about "my metabolism is not like the others. I can't sleep so I eat" He is a pork that won't change his ways. (sorry to speak badly for a player).
    Jones may or may not but he can very easily have a carreer as a backup pf that is just fine.
    Morey probably asked for the 6th pick or KO.

5. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Even so, if Dwight isn't able to go it's going to be REALLY hard to win on the road. I think this team could win games at TC without Dwight, but on the road? Very tough. I called Rockets in 6 before the series, but I obviously wasn't anticipating a Dwight injury. Game 2 isn't must win, but it's damn close.

6. basketballholic

ROFL. That's what Ainge did if Morey asked for #6 or KO.

tell you what...with that #20 pick will you send us Ilyasova for Jones and Kostas?

7. basketballholic

He DOES NOT have the athleticism nor talent to be an All-Star. That is a ridiculous statement.

8. malakas

malakas Member

are you kidding? I said for two seconds. Mil souldn't give their 17 pick for a forward. We have half the roster forwards already. But if the price was in a parallel universe that low as two seconds in a heartbeat.
    Other teams that would trade the value of a 20th pick in various assets:
    Wizards
    Kings for stauskas and something
    Suns
    Bulls (Taj?)

9. Zergling

Zergling Member

What a shock, you were absolutely nowhere to be found after Game 6 when Jones started the most epic comeback in Rockets playoff history, and here you are conveniently after Jones' turd-sandwich of a game.

10. malakas

malakas Member

Ilyasova's worth is at best the NY second. Too many forwards in MIL. And very good chance another is drafted because that's BPA at that 17 slot of the pick. That's why even though having seen Kostas in Europe a lot and believing in his talent and that he will find his way in the Nba in some team hoepfully one day, I don't want him in the Bucks.
    Jones was value around the NBA UNLESS of course his nerve issue is chronic which should be tested by a doctor of the other team pretrade.
    I already listed teams that will be very interested in him and you can ask personally these teams fans if they are interested to see who's right.
    Ah also Indy will be interested but not for the 11th.

11. basketballholic

He was 1 for 4 at the rim tonight with 2 of his attempts stuffed.

12. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I agree but I suspect at "worst" his minutes will be monitored game 2 and then back on track game 3. One thing I've noticed with Dwight is when he's not feeling right he fumbles the basket ball all the time. That's the first sign to watch

13. basketballholic

Zergling, that is so stupid. Jones didn't start that. He simply was on the court for the first 3 minutes of it. I didn't say anything about it. Because his role in us winning that game was ZERO. He did not help us win that game. McHale took him out and put in Smith. And we then won that game with Smith scoring 14 points including 3 of 4 on 3-point shots. Do you really think in your wildest dreams that Jones would have even taken 1 of those 3-point shots that Smith took much less made 3 of 4??????????????

C'mon dude. Give it up. Jones has stunk it up this whole playoffs.

14. nwcougar

nwcougar Member

The problem with Jones is his slow release and tentativeness. When Jones plays strong and confident he contributes. Unfortunately, his game is so up and down you never know which player will show up, and all too often it's not the one we want on the court.

All I could think about tonight was how good the Rockets could be with a player like Harrison Barnes or Draymond Green, or any other big guy that can play defense and hit open shots. I also couldn't stop thinking about our PG situation and the fact that Morey cut Shawn Livingston. That dude was killing us tonight.

15. basketballholic

The only time Jones does and can play strong is when he has a favorable matchup. Put him out there against an aging, oft-injured, smaller Carl Landry and he look ok. Put him out there against length, athleticism, and skills and he sux.

16. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

While i don't think Jones is worth it i have to agree with malaks here....he does have value around the league probably first round fringe value, which is y aim advocating trading him now before the rest of the Nba realizes he's probably a bench player.
    He does a lot of things well, but is atrocious in PF attributes, he can't defend or rebound...and his awareness my god

17. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Yeah if Dwight isn't full strength he might as well not play. He's just so much more dominant when he's 100%. I'd rather sit him for Game 2 if he's 80% if it means he comes back 100% for Game 3. I think the Rockets may be able to come up with lineup combinations to make Game 2 stealable without Dwight. I'm sure Morey and his team are already analyzing the various lineups.

18. malakas

malakas Member

That's not to be held against Morrey. The Livingston of some years ago is not the same as now. He had a long and gruelling way back from his injury and it took him time to even get to this shade of his old self that he is now. The fact that is even in this league still and playing so well it's a miracle.

19. basketballholic

Beard, take my word for it. We can't get a first for him. Not even #30. And we can't get a second either. Maybe....possibly a second lower than 45. But that's about tops. And that's doubtful.

Please believe me. If we could've gotten a first rounder for Terrence at any point over the last 2 seasons he would've already been gonzo. Morey tried. We kept him because we thought his trade value might matriculate upwards if he got on a roll long enough.

20. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

IMy belief in Morey make me actually believe you and it doesn't surprise me, Morey i don't think would have kept him this long otherwise.

Hes here now and we have to work with what we have so plz Mchale show some adjustments quickly this series, we need to let the lineup of prigs, harden, brew, ariza, josh play much more if we don't have dwight for game 2..