1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Terrence Jones ASAP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, May 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I swear I would NEVER want to watch or go to a game with some of you NEGATIVE azz holes. Every one of our players will probably have a bad game during this series, or already has during the playoffs.

This is the team that got us to the WCF, so I'm supporting them even when they have a bad day. DO I want them to play better, HECK YES! Will I constructively critic them when they do bad? HECK YES!

But the constant HATE, TRADE THIS PLAYER, CRAP CRAP CRAP...is just getting rediculous. We wouldn't be where we are right now without every single player on the team right now. Everyone has stepped up at some point and help us win a game to get us where we are today.

2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I can't wait for the day we trick some poor team into giving us a 2nd rounder for him.

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if smith signs for cheap, we can trade jones in the offseason with some other pieces for a pg. im all for it. a pf/c rotation of dwight, dmo and smith, capella off the bench will dominate. arguably the best pf/c rotaion in the league

4. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

% agree with you.. mchale should put josh in earlier.

5. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

i don't even mind playing Capella as a 4...even if dwight is healthy cappella coming in instead of Jones would benefit us greatly because he can defend stretch 4s better , rebound better, finish at the rim better...Capela is a rookie and jones does nothing better then him except dribble and shoot, and even then his shooting is horrendous

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I think we can wait until the season is actually over before we make that decision. In fact, we have to since it isn't possible to trade him right now.

7. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Exactly. Don't know how Dmo would look in the playoffs but surely better than Jones.

8. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

He really hasn't played well the entire playoffs, but he also missed ~50 games this season due to nerve related injuries. I'm going to have to give him the benefit of the doubt here and see how he does early next year.

9. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Just don't play him 25 min if he can't get a frictkin rebound over harrison barnes is all i ask...plz for the love of god sit his ass on the bench if he can't man the **** up and sacrifice his body for the team and actually box someone out..

Its hard to even know weather he's just soft or doesn't understand a lick of how the game of basketball is played so he's always out of position...hes so bad i can't decide

10. malakas

malakas Member

Please call the Bucks first. They will give you two and then trade him for his actual trade value. A first round pick near 20. tyvm.

After one game Jones is untradeable or only tradeable for Dragic/a star PG and after another suddendly he can't fetch a second rounder. The flip floping is amazing. :rolleyes:
    How about a middle ground?

11. basketballholic

Our big man rotation should be Dwight, Josh, and Capela with minutes in descending order. But that probably got hi-jacked tonight with Dwight's injury. Jones should be the designated fouler and should only get occasional minutes. Maybe try to see if he can handle Lee and punish Lee offensively.

Going back to 2012 draft.

Terrence at #18
    Ezeli at #30
    Draymond at #35

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Not to mention the guy I wanted at #18:
    Jared Sullinger #21 (He sure would help right now)

Mike Scott at #43 (another player I liked) is a better player than Terrence. I guarantee you ATL wouldn't trade Scott for Jones today.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

He runs hot and cold. Let's remember he scored big buckets at the end of the third quarter in game 6 against the Clippers to help start that big turnaround.

But overall, yeah, Terrence Jones is too painfully inconsistent, and Morey won't pay both Tj and Dmo.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Join date: 2014? Ok you might not be a young poster but you are a baby Clutchfan....

Noob is only negative if you take it that way. Lots to learn.

Now GTO with your negative stuff till the end of the playoffs

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

how many point blank lay ups did he rush up and miss?

15. basketballholic

malakas I enjoy the convo with you but if MIL is willing to give up one second rounder for Terrence then they're beyond stoooooooopid. He has no value. He's an undersized power forward who can't shoot so he can't spread out bigger pfs and he for sure can't defend bigger PFs and Cs. He's a forward tweener except he's not quick enough to defend 3's nor does he have enough face up game to be effective from the perimeter as a 3.

Terrence should go to the Warriors. Because he's P-O-S-I-T-I-O-N-L-E-S-S. And, you know, they are notorious for playing positionless basketball.

16. malakas

malakas Member

You wanted the ****** who is 300 pounts can't lose wait has repeated back injuries and probably will be out of the league in 3 years because he can't keep his mouth shut and stop eating? Ainge already threatened to throw him out of the team.
    And you saying this as good player evaluation?

17. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I don't think ya'll REALIZE we've seen Golden State's best tonight. Shawn Livingston had a CAREER night. That's not happening again. Howard got injuried...Jones didn't have his best game but I'm banking on both having a better game 2

18. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Jones can play great against scrubs. But with Dmo and Smith he's extremely redundant and should be traded for a PG.

19. basketballholic

Dude, Sully is so much better than Terrence it ain't even funny. Yeah, he might be out of the league in 3 years.

I said Terrence might be out of the league in 5 and over half this board laughed their socks off. But the truth is unless Terrence gets at least ONE definable GREAT SKILL that contributes to an NBA team winning basketball games....then HE WON'T BE AROUND IN 5 YEARS! He's either got to learn to shoot the long ball or he's got to become an ace defender or he's got to become a good playmaker from the 4. If he just get incrementally better than he is (at this point the most likely scenario) then his career is going to be short-lived.

Do you think Ainge would trade Sully for Jones?????

(Hint: Morey already tried to peddle Jones off on Ainge and Ainge didn't want him. That was over a year ago when Terrence was cleaning up around Howard/Harden.)

20. malakas

malakas Member

Nope. A second rounder is ridiculous cheap for a back up athletic 23 y.o pf who could improve his shot and has some upside. His market value is around 20 first round pick and if you don't believe me go ask in realgm trade forum and see what the other teams fans will offer. And remember that they will mostly try to get him for cheaper than his real market value.

At pick 20 in this draft Jones is very good value coz he already has proven he can produce. And in the east he could be a starter to boot.