1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Terrence Jones ASAP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, May 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. malakas

malakas Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    defend? lol me??
    Just tired of the same ol same ol every single time. Just have a trade jones mega thread where everyone can pile on him at one time and make him a hero the next when he has a good game.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

ONE. FREAKING. GAME.

What happens when Jones performs well, next game? All the members posting negative things about Jones should receive a day ban or something.

I realize it's human nature to b**** and moan about something after anything (close win/loss, blowout win/loss), but I'll say the same thing here that I did it in the thread started by the people who thought the world was ending after Game 1 against the Clips:

It's one freakin' game. There are still, at worst, three more games to be played.

1 person likes this.
  3. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

i can understand undersized 4's getting gun shy going up against deandre jordan, but going up weak against 6'6" draymond green? are you kidding me.

4. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

He is one of the most puzzling players I've seen.

I'm not sure if he has ANY thoughts going through his mind half the time.

5. pippsux

pippsux Member

Jones has zero hops or he is playing soft. Laying the ball off the glass, when u are 6'9, young athletic with hops is criminal. Go strong dunk the ball and get fouled.....he plays dumb sometimes.

6. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Trade deadline was months ago bro.

7. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

An all star?? pass whatever your smoking please.... he Excels at NOTHING and is very BAD in a lot of things ....just cuz he can dribble as a pf doesn't mean he's talented...he can't do anything a PF should be doing

Defense= garbage
    Rebounding=Garbage
    Finish at the rim=garbage

So how in gods name could this scrub be an all-star

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

It's not just this one game. If you watch him closely, he has had a problem having mental lapse during the game. Rotate slow, play scared ...

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He started playing well in the Clippers series and was huge in game 6. He is just too soft of a basketball player. Needs to treat the other team like homeless guys.

10. houtown

houtown Member

Terrence* Jones*.*

Maybe possibly Terrence* Jones* has a lot in common with the possibly stomped homeless person.*

Maybe possibly Terrence Jones has a lot in common with the possibly stomped homeless person.

11. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

Let's not forget how he started the run in game 6 last series. Yes, he had a bad game, couldn't rebound and couldn't shoot today but lets stay positive. Like it or not, he's part of the rotation and he knows he sucked today.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

But he's so damned inconsistent. Even within the same game. He actually got off to a good start in the 1st quarter and then vanished. I'm not saying the guy needs to play great every night. But he's either really good or Claude Rains out there.

I realize he's only 23 and has plenty of room to grow, but the problem the Rockets face is he'll be a free agent after next season. Do they really wanna commit huge money to the guy when there's so much uncertainty over how good of a player he'll become? Or do they trade him before next February and try to get something for him?

13. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I think the writing is on the wall for Jones, he's the most inconsistent of our PF's and the most dispensable, if we manage to resign Smith.

I would use him and the 18th pick to go after a legit starting PG that can relief some play making pressure off Harden.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol but I have to laugh.... Dmo is 7 ft and still does not dunk on 80% when he is near or below the rim.

And he is athletic enough to do that.

15. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

PPl who make him out to be a hero??? not me

He scored 8 points in the end of a playoff game, mostly coming on dunks ...whoever got excited for that doesn't see a big picture or understand how truly deficient he is, he's truly flawed and will NEVER be more then a bench player its that simple.

Go look back at his threads and my posts about him and tell me if i flip flop my position on him, when he is good in a game trust me its not because of his abilities its because others make him good ...he is garbage

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

The nerve injury really threw off his season. Still, the missed shots at the rim make me want to tear out my eyeballs.

17. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Can we please stop with these threads while a series is going on? Just like he had a bad game, he can be the catalyst in starting a run in the next game.

18. Cypress

Cypress Member

Lmfao that was **** up lol

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

HE simply plays too soft

Reminds me of Charles Smith from the Knicks
    Who missed a putback to sent the Bulls to the Finals

Rocket River

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's the WCF. One blown opportunity can ruin you. Ask the Clippers.

This was likely the Rockets best chance to steal a game in Oracle Arena, something that has happened, what, 3 times total this year? That hurts, and Jones laying a complete egg was a large factor in that.