1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Terrence Jones ASAP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, May 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

They weren't obtainable. Jones and D-Mo have developed some trade value this year, despite their limitations. Unfortunately D-Mo's injury makes it even harder to move him than Jones.

Maybe a team like the Hornets who are short on talent might take Jones as a backup 4, if they don't end up drafting one.

2. Play07

Play07 Member

I'm ok with him playing PF, if we can't get him then we better get a player at PF that can shoot with DMO.

Game 3 was all about Kerrs adjustments to layoff our PF & pack paint. Told my GF first 4mins I'm at peace with this lost I see what Kerr did I knew it was going to come one day "see my sig" usually I'm pissed. But we just dont have to personal for that defense scheme he used, it wasn't lack of effort, our offense was confused, coaches will do the same next year until we get someone at PF that players & coaches respect their shot.

Smith hit 3s and spacing was there but mchale too him back out. But can you really depend on smith to hit 3s & do u want to?

Jones could cover his lack of his shot before injury because he was super athletic could dunk, ball handle but now he doesn't have it and lack of shot will hurt us.

3. malakas

malakas Member

They just did last year. They drafted Vonleh. And they also have Zeller. What they need is shooters at SG and SF.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks. Let's see what the future holds for him and the rest of us. I hope for the best, while being realistic.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Don't worry people LaMarcus Aldridge will be a Rocket next season. We can say bye to both Jones and Dmo.

6. OpenLayup-Why3?

Did you know Dallas wanted to trade for DMO and Houston refused? Back when "DMO is the worst player in NBA" threads were popping up? maybe I should be posting in Morey hate thread.

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

Source? why are we saying bye to DMo?

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Sarcasm Zergling, but everybody but Harden and Howard is trade bait brother.

9. basketballholic

Not entirely true. I'd take him in a heartbeat for Terrence straight up. But he's not the ultimate answer because he doesn't defend anybody, centers or forwards. But because he can shoot the 3-ball he is a more effective option than Terrence.

However I seriously doubt Portland would trade him for Terrence straight up.

10. malakas

malakas Member

For the record Meyers Leonard has been an utter dissapointment so far and the Blazers would jump at the opportunity to trade him not only for Jones but even for a package like Johnson and the NY second.
    But then the playoffs happened. Now forget him.
    Which is exactly what is worrying about Jones. You want your third year players to show you what they are made of in the playoffs. It's their big chance before they enter their contract year.

11. basketballholic

Malakas. That's not true. Blazers are disappointed in Leonard's defense for sure. But "jumping at an opportunity to trade him for Jones or Johnson and the NY second" ...... that's simply not true.

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

13. malakas

malakas Member

well maybe not for Johnson but for Jones yes they would hurry. I read all year posts from Blazers fans trying to trade him away for peanuts. He had been very bad. What a waste of a 7'1 center body. Btw I think Porzingis will be Meyers vs 2.
    BUT now he and CJ have stepped up. Good for them.
    3rd year picks can negotiate an extension and don't have to enter free agency.
    That should be their motive.
    Wonder if Jones will negotiate this year or won't like the proposed price.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's always nice remembering that it could be worse.

15. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

BUMP...get this useless guy out of here plz....additions to something he cant do simplest play in all oof basketball

SET A ****IN SCREEEN you soft chump

16. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

I hate his slow set up to shoot and pump fake. He needs to stop shooting 3 and play hard

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

Would trade regular season Jones.

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

Good season. See ya next year.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Jones + 18th pick should be the trade package.

20. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

I'd take the 17th pick.