1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Terrence Jones ASAP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, May 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. hahachui

hahachui Member

is there any chance DMO can come back?

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Jopat you are truly a piece of work. Your last reply made me laugh so much I'm hurting.

JOF.... that's a nice touch.

Put Jones' success over the team... nice. Yes, because thats so easy to quantify. Please show me how I put Jones' success over the team.

The "Not better value than Lin" part was the best.

Yes a rotation player with average league stats & above league average efficiency on a rookie deal making less than 2 mil a year is somehow worse value than a starting PG with the efficiency and production of Jeremy Lin making 8.4 mil per year.

Only in Basketcaseahollics world can you make sense of this ridiculous argument.

and no, I do not have to win an argument about Jones. Pot meet Kettle. The crazy thing is... there is no argument. I think the Rockets should upgrade in the future if they can, and I think the same with the PG spot. And I'm a huge Pat Bev fan. I'm not even a fan of Jones, but you don't pay attention to that. I only stick up for those that I feel are wrongfully portrayed and vilified. I did the same thing with Lin when it was appropriate, and the same with McHale when folks unjustly sh#% all over them for no reason.

The fact is you wrongfully vilify Jones. He's part of the team, and even though... yes... he has weaknesses, he deserves to not be vilified by the fanbase, or a part of the fanbase.

Also... what happened to you putting me on ignore. I guess you just can't resist trolling. Well troll no more. I just hope other people can back me up that the VILIFICATION OF JONES NEEDS TO STOP. Its out of hand. Same goes with the McHale vilification. These guys have gotten us further than any team has gone since the Hakeem era, and they deserve our support.

Rant end.

3. malakas

malakas Member

I agree with Dobro. These threads are getting ridiculous.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Can we please merge the "Terrence Jones sucks" threads into one thread please?

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The guy that saved Hou from 2nd round exit? Get out of here.

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

TJ is obviously capable. We all know that. He just needs to find a way to perform better in this series. He should be ripping when Green and Ezli are in there guarding him. If he continues to shrink like that, our chance of beating the Warriors is not that good IMHO. It's not a coincidence after Smith was inserted in the starting up in place of TJ the whole last series was turned around in our favor. TJ's inability or unwillingness to shoot is hurting us and he lets people get over him too easily on both ends plus not rotating quick enough (not saying other guys are good in that department, Brew is actually atrocious, but at least he brings something positive to the table and so does Josh).

TJ proves us wrong, please.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Before someone points out, I am aware Green is a good defender.

8. dmoneybangbang

From thedreamshake blog, to Clutch Forums, keep up the TJones hate!

9. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

TJones + 18th overall pick + 32 overall pick= ???

how far do you think we can move up to? 8-12th range?

I just don't see the Rockets bringing back all of the TJones/JSMOOVE/DMo trio. And DMo is basically untradeable with his back.

There are games where I love TJones and games where I hate him. Game 1 was definitely a hate game, but if it wasn't for his performance at the end of the 3rd quarter in Game 6 against LAC, we wouldn't be in the WCF.

10. malakas

malakas Member

You can add Kj and make that package even better. Depends who falls but yes you can move up to the late lottery. Detroit, Indiana, Miami, and Charlotte should be interested. The teams private workouts with the internationals Hejonja and Porginzis as well Turner and Booker will determine a lot.

11. dmoneybangbang

Out of DMo, Capela, and Jones, Jones is the man currently last in that pecking order of talent and potential. However, Jones played well this season right up until the consecutive string of major injuries, believed he average about 16 and 8 as a starter. Certainly an interesting player with an interesting skill set that I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him play in 2015-2016, but certainly wouldn't mind throwing him in a deal to get better.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't hate Jones, but I don't overrate him like a lot of people do. He is what he is, a talented athlete that has yet to develop ANY of the mental side of the game. At one point we could hold out hope and talk about what all he was going to improve on in the off-season, but it just hasn't happened yet and there's only one more year left on his rookie deal.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is just too funny.... Beardaholic and Bholic repeatedly asking for TJone's head while they can do nothing but to wait.....

It is a long waiting for you. I am glad neither of you works for an NBA team.

If you do, I'd like to follow that team for the lulz....

14. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

100% chance he gets offered an extension

15. basketballholic

from which team? ;)

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

If there's a taker, that might get the 15th-17th pick at best. Moving up, especially into the lottery is very costly.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The thing is Morey is not that good with 14-20 picks than he is with 2nd rounders.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

No next season money for 2nd rounders unless they sign for the standard min deals

19. malakas

malakas Member

nah. There are contending teams in the late lottery that fell off due to injuries and the good prospects end after the 10-12. After that it's fair game. That's why now everyone comes out with rumours of teams making available their picks for trades.
    So far Minny, Knicks ,Magic, Charlotte,Sacramento, Indiana and OKC had "leaks" that they are up for trading. OFC the first three will ask for stars back.

20. basketballholic

Magic are sitting at #5. No way they give up #5 unless they get more value than #5. Perhaps something like #7 or #8 with a future first rounder. Draft Express has them taking Hezonga at #5. I don't believe that. They need another primary big. They'll either draft WCS at #5 or they may trade down to 7-8 and take Kaminsky. I doubt they trade. I'm penciling WCS in to them at 5. Makes too much sense for their team.

Sacramento is at #6. They're like us. They need a 1 and a 4/5. They're not going to overreach for a 1. So you can bet they'll probably take Portzingis or possibly Kaminsky there. If Orlando whifs on WCS (and that will be a huge whiff for them) then Sac will snap him up at 6. No real trade possibilities here for them.

Denver is at #7. They're probably going best available. They're in bad shape. No way they trade down unless somebody unloads the farm to them. They'll likely pick between whomever they like best among Hezonja, Porzingis, Winslow, and Stanley Johnson. But who knows. Some other player might impress them and they reach for that player. Denver is hard to predict. Because they are living in Basketball Stupidville.

Detroit is at 8. They are set for the time being at the 1 and 5 with Jackson and Drummond. And they've got a decent young 2 in KCP. They'll most likely be looking at a 3 or a 4. So take your pick: Justice Winslow if he's still on the board, Stanley Johnson possibly, Porzingis if he's still on the board, or perhaps Kaminsky or Looney here as well. But they most likely aren't trading down to 18 unless perhaps they get something like DMo, 18, and 32. That might get them to move down to 18. Does that help us? NOPE.

Charlotte is at #9. They really need a SG badly. Or at least another wing. Jezonja, Johnson, Oubre, or Booker could fall here. Don't see them moving down to 18.

Then Miami at #10 needs a wing too. They'll likely take one of Johnson or Oubre, whichever is left on the board. Or possibly Looney (if they're smart). Can't see them moving down to #18.

Indiana at 11 could be a possibility. We could maybe get them to move down to 18 if we threw in DMo and 32. But Jones, 18, 32.....I doubt it. Perhaps......Capela, Jones, 18, and 32??? Bird might do that one. I don't know. But...bottom line.........I don't think Jones, 18, 32 would even get #11. And at #11 I fully expect Indy won't pass on Kaminsky if he's on the board. Unless they are reassured that Hibbert and West are returning. Then they might go for a backcourt upgrade.

Beyond 11 it starts to get dicey as far as I'm concerned.

Save for one player that really intrigues me. Kevon Looney. Draftexpress has him still on the board at 18 and has us taking Tyus Jones over him. If Looney is on the board at 18...I think we've got to take him. I don't think he'll fall that far. But if he does....or if he at least falls to 14 area and we can package 18 and 32 or 18 and Jones to move up and get him...I'm all for it.