1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Target Watch

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Dec 19, 2010.

1. alverwi

alverwi Contributing Member

Haha. Great video

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ummmm, no he isn't. I haven't a clue where you are getting that.

Thompson is perhaps one of the worst defenders in the league. The only difference between Hill and Thompson is minutes on a bad team.

3. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Does anyone see anything special in Speights? How come he hardly gets any game time? I remember Brand calling him out for being soft.

4. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

This.

5. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

i remember morey saying on the radio that they talked to Thabeet personnaly because even if they werent going to draft him, it was good to have some contact with him when he becomes an FA.

6. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

i'm speaking to the rumor of him having dinner/lunch at three forks with morey after the draft.

7. AggieRocketsFan

8. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

9. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Just a rumor. I doubt they are that high on Thabeet now.

10. mazinger

mazinger Member

Hmmmm....sounds like Jordan Hill last year to me. If we can get Thabeet with a deal similar as T-Will, you get him.

11. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

NICOLAS BATUM!

he has star written all over him,

12. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Except that (1) Thabeet's salary is 2-3 times what Williams's salary is and would potentially choke away most of the cap room the Rockets would otherwise hope to create this summer; and (2) the Rockets would have to give up the 2012 Knicks pick to get him, since there really isn't a guaranteed Rockets draft pick available for draft for the foreseeable future, and Morey doesn't want to trade a pick that's only top-5 protected.

I'm not saying that I'm opposed to dealing for Thabeet. Only that the circumstances around doing a "Terrence Williams-like trade" for him are more difficult.

13. jogo

jogo Member

I'd consider DeAndre Jordan from the Clippers. I have no idea if they would be willing to trade him or not. He's young with good size and some skills.

I think Speights has potential, too.

14. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

DeAndre is interesting...

Mareese... Not so much. He seems pretty pouty, and completely uninterested in defense.

15. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

People are so enamored with DeAndre Jordan, but he's really not a good NBA player. His PER has never even been average. He is not a disciplined player on either end. He tries to coast on his natural ability, but that just won't cut it at this level.

Personally, I was hoping that the Rockets would have taken him at #33 in 2008 instead of Joey Dorsey. But apparently Morey and company already knew this about Jordan and were hoping that Dorsey's wealth of experience at the college level would be a better fit on the Rockets.

If this kid was actually taken in the lottery (as most mock drafts had predicted), he'd be labeled a collosal bust instead of the "second round steal" that most think he is.

No, thanks.

16. kgw

kgw Member

Spencer Hawes

17. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Varejao + Scola = 2 much flopping 4 my taste

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Not only that but I'm still waiting for somebody to explain to me how Hasheem Thabeet was apparently 31 spots better than Hassan Whiteside. I mean, if we're talking about gigantic shot-blocking project bigs with the same exact strengths/weaknesses -- the idea of Thabeet hypothetically being worthy of T-Will, the Knicks pick or some other form of major asset and Whiteside is NOT is literally impossible for me to digest.

If that's the going rate for Thabeet......Memphis can have him.

[NOTE: Not trying to derail the thread with another topic -- just trying to make the point that Thabeet is likely not worthy of being pursued if his perceived value is that high]