1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade: Rudy Gay AND Stro Swift for Shane Battier?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Possum, Jun 28, 2006.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

well, at least we made some roster space..

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I am so PISSED right now.... I've been looking forward to this draft since the playoffs began and this is the outcome?

Even Rudy Gay for Shane Battier Straight Up I wouldn't have done. Battier already reached his "prime" and isn't going to get much better. Gay has all the potential to be an All Star in this league.

On top of that they throw in Swift? Makes no sense at all.

Swift- could have been saved and dealt for to teams such as New Orleans, New Jersey, and Phoenix. He still has good trade value and could have been a centerpiece in his own deal instead of a filler. WTF??? :eek: :eek:

3. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

I bet most posts in this thread are material for CF Classic Moments in the near future.

4. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Good news! Memphis radio says there's more to the deal. To balance the transaction, Rockets will be shipping Jeff Van Gundy to Memphis and receiving GM Jerry West. Details aren't final yet because the teams are having trouble making IQ's match.

For those of you on your third bottle of Jack Daniels, that's a joke.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

Brewer, Redick, Ager, and Freeland will be better than Battier. Jerry West painted up the Rockets like a woman, pulled down his pants, and came into town.

6. Diaw

Diaw Member

it's 5 in the morning and i'm soooooo disgusted ... cant believe my eyes ... i hope they will, at least, buy someone's second pick to get gansey or alex johnson :(

7. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

all of the other trades are listed on nba.com, officially. Except ours ??? Maybe they backed out.

8. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I opened a bottle of Old Crow.

9. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

I'm just glad they addressed their backup pg, 2 guard and 3 guard deficiencies with this draft. Don't mind the puddle, that's just my pool of blood. Carry on.

10. Pringles

Pringles Member

i don't think this has to do with morey or cd. morey was praising gay. I THINK IT HAS TO DO WITH JEFF VAN DUMMY.

1. he loves veterans
    2. he doesn't play rookies unless he has to (lot of injury)
    3. doesn't have motivation to light the fire under gay, so hes says forget it
    4. hes in love with juan, so he throws in swift (younger and athletic)
    5. couple of intervies, hes not exicted about draft
    6. all he cares about hard working ppl
    7. defense defense, he thinks defense win games, look at phonexi and dallas
    8. hes a selfish coach
    9. hes trying to keep his job, thats why he didn't want gay, he want instant help. :mad:

i'm so pissed. and now we got novak, which only prooves we are actualy doing this trade.

11. Diaw

Diaw Member

or maybe they think it's a joke ...

12. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Holy completely r****ded batman!

I dont care if Battier turns out ot be second coming of Jesus - put me down in the "Rox mngmt is ****ing idiotic" camp and quote it.

Time to open more homebrew. What a load of CRAP.

13. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

That trade has JVG written all over it. Yall know he only has 2 years left on his contract to win a championship. And when he leaves the rockets will be stuck with Battier and 3 yrs. left on his contract. Another young talent gone.

14. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

I don't think I can't route for Shane Battier. He'll be the first Rocket I route against.

15. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

One more thing:

DUMBEST TRADE EVER.

There i said it. Friggin idiots.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm still shocked. I'm not a big Gay fan and he disappears in games but he can be dangerous and is skillful. I think he could give us more than Shane Battier despite the latter's experience and high motivation. Steve Novak is a pretty good 2nd round pick. He can shoot.
    I wish we could have gotten more in a trade for Gay.
    I honestly feel that CD,JVG and Morey don't have any plan in place to improve the team.

17. CHC

CHC Member

This is a riduculous trade! I am very disappointed! Rocket's management should really be ashamed of themselves. Rudy Gay has all the potential to be an all-star! And they traded him for Shane Battier? And throw in Swift? I am sad!

18. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

SEASON MIN PTS REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF FG% FT% 3P% PPS
    2005-2006 33.8 17.5 5.9 1.3 1.0 1.22 .6 .1 2.1 .477 .974 .467 1.49

Novak's stats. .974 and .467 for FT% and 3PT%!!!

19. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Let's just pray that this is like, a joint effort by JVG and Fratello to feed Bucher misinformation and make him look like an idiot... Or something.

Oh, and guys, if this trade is what it is and doesn't have any future implications, whatever you do, don't boo Battier for this. It's not his fault our management is r****ded.

20. tigernet

tigernet Contributing Member

who made this decision for trading Rudy Gay? JVG or CD.