1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Ideas Involving the 3rd Pick Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HealthyHamstring, May 12, 2024.

1. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Everything, huh?

Who averaged more assists last season? Sengun.
    Who averaged more rebounds season? Sengun.
    Who's averaged more games played over the last three season? Segun.
    Who's averaged fewer TOs per game over the last three seasons? Sengun.
    Who's a better offensive hub? Sengun, by a mile. KAT's soft ass doesn't even like going down the post. Softest 7 footer I've ever seen.

Mind you, I’m comparing a 28 yr old to a 21 yr old.

2. HealthyHamstring

Everyone forgets how depressed the trade returns are for stars on an expiring contract with no extension

3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Don't get the Bridges fascination within our fanbase.

4. Houston77

Supporting Member

I was pretty intrigued. Then he showed me that he definitely is not the guy.

xaos, glenadyll and Snow Villiers like this.
  5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

literally seeing some fans saying they would trade Jalen, Brooks, 3rd pick this year and next year's pick for Bridges and it's getting me triggered. lol

6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

@Tuckmose

For comparison:
    .....................................PG13............................Donovan Mitchell
    ..............................PPP....NBA percentile......PPP.......NBA percentile

Cutter........................1.62.........95.5...................1.32.............46.6
    PnR (Ball Handler)...1.09..........94.5..................0.95.............76.3
    Spot Up.....................1.29..........93.5.................1.10..............65.0
    Put Backs..................1.29.........81.8.................-----................-------
    Post Up......................1.12.........78.1.................-----................-------
    Isolations...................1.03.........73.0.................0.93..............51.9
    Hand Offs..................0.74.........23.6.................0.98...............61.1
    Off Screen..................1.10.........68.0................0.64.................8.0
    Transitions..................------..........------................1.34................89.8

Young doesn't necessarily mean better. Mitchell hasn't won a championship either.

Seems to me Paul George gives us more bang for our buck

7. PatBev

PatBev Member

Y’all think the 3rd + another net pick or two would get Atlanta to give us the 1st?

We got to get Sarr to compete with the Wembys and Chet’s in our conference

jb86 likes this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Oooooo, I know! What if the Rockets could flip that #3 and somehow get Lebron, Paul and Harden for our bench? Hey I'm just playing the dream game li Kim e everybody else.

9. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

All this is relative to how each player is used. If the offense is solely ran thru one guy, his stats will be somewhat inflated. I'm looking at pure skill set. Sengun's only effective around the basket & has no defense whatsoever. KAT can post up AND space the floor. No coincidence the offense looked SO much better with Sengun out. The team thrives with spacing. Trade Sengun for KAT and we're a better team instantly

10. Houston77

Supporting Member

KAT’s soft ass can’t post up. He’d break every bone in his soft ass body. Worst waste of 7 ft ever.

cml750, arabrocket and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

If Harden and PG13 walk and the Clippers blow it up:

Brooks/Adams/Tate/#3/FRP for Kawhi

Risky, I know, but he fits and doesn’t disrupt the core’s development. Upgrading DB’s minutes should be a priority, and this is one way to do it.

12. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I honestly don't understand the Nets talk. I get the feeling he wants to win and is frustrated that he has not been able to in Utah or Cleveland.

13. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Soft? Sengun has got repeatedly owned by Jake Valanciunas consecutive seasons. Valanciunas having career nights against us with Sengun defending him lol

14. Houston77

Supporting Member

How’d Sengun do against Wemby? Can’t remember at the moment.

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

So here's a question for y'all:

Would you trade #3 straight up (with just filler) for Cason Wallace? Or if that's the role you're looking to fill, do you just draft Reed Sheppard to do so and call it a day?

Last draft was vastly better than this draft, and I had Cason #7 on my board on draft night. I think he would definitely be in my top 5 this year. #3, I'm not sure. He did play very well in limited minutes as a rookie.

Would OKC do this in their current position?

If not, is there anybody you can go out and get them with #3 that they can't easily get right now themselves?

16. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Would you trade Bari and #3 for Paolo or Chet? Those are the kind of guys that make us better, but I doubt either ORL or OKC would consider it. I'm not sold on Donovan Mitchell wanting to be here or being the piece that makes us a championship team.

I really don't want to send a #3 pick and assets for an aging star. I'll be surprised if we make a trade unless, UTH believes Sheppard is the second coming of Stockton and sells us Lauri.

xaos and cmoak1982 like this.
  17. conquistador#11

This thread got unintentionally funny.

Reed comp,
    Jeff Hornacek with Sam Cassell bravado.

oopsies thought I was in the Keep the Pick thread.

#57 conquistador#11, May 12, 2024
    Last edited: May 12, 2024
  18. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't think there is any chance whatsoever those two teams move either of those guys for anything but a top 5 player (and maybe not even then)

xaos, carl_herrera and cmoak1982 like this.
  19. raining threes

Mitchell?

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Both those teams would laugh at us.
    But yes I would do that trade for either. Preferably Chet because of fit with Alp but yes to both.

xaos and Shark44 like this.