1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

trade (idea)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yaonotyo, Sep 21, 2003.

1. yaonotyo

yaonotyo Member

HOU; trades Glen Rice, Mo Taylor , Cuttino Mobley and a 2005 1st round pick (top 3 protected)

MILW; trades Tim Thomas, Antony Mason, Michael Redd

The reason the rocks do this is because they get a quality starting small foward in Tim Thomas he would provide the rocks with good athletisim and a good 3pt shot. Anthony Mason would be our inside muscle for us him and Griff can split the playing time at the 4. Also Michael Redd w ould be a better fit in Houston in a big man oriented offense as of Mobley is a iso type player and Redd is not.

Milwaukee would do this because they are in a rebuiling mode they get a expiring contract in Glen Rice that will save then tons of $ to go after a F.A. they get a decent big man in Mo taylor that in the East he could put up better stats. They get Mobes who is the best "bang for youre buck player" and a 1st round pick to help them rebuild quicker.

thoughts,opinions,bashes all welcome:p

2. Houstone

Houstone Member

TRADE REJECTED!

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

We could get Anthony Mason without a trade. Take Maurice and the 1st round pick out of there and I might do it. Redd and Thomas aren't that good, plus they play in the East.

4. yaonotyo

yaonotyo Member

How can we get MaseMan without a trade?

5. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

he might be waived because the milwaulkee brass thinks he sucks.

6. SaVeThEpIgS88

SaVeThEpIgS88 Member

good question

7. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Take out the first round pick, I would conisder it. However, with the offseason acquisition of Pike, I don't think it likely that this trade goes through. Redd, though one of my favorite players and one of the few Ohio State basketball alums to actually become a decent player in the past few years, does not play defense at all. Pike probably plays more defense than him. It is somewhat lopsided; maybe if they throw in a first round pick to sweeten the deal...

8. bugsbsi

bugsbsi Member

Cuttino Mobley can play defense, and hes going to stay a rocket, just like Franics. We need Rices salary so we can help our Cap Situation in the Future.

Kelvin Cato, Maurice Taylor, Bostjan Nacbar, Moochie Norris for

Tim Thomas, Anthony Mason, Damon Jones,Toni Kukoc!

Sounds good to me. I mean sounds real good man.

9. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Definitely!

10. JamesC

JamesC Member

Throw in T.J Ford and I'd consider it. :D

11. MONON

MONON Member

You can forget TJ in that trade, unless we include Stevie & we aren't going to do that.

12. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

^^^^^Thats what I'm talking about, then move steve to the two spot and have T.J hold down the point but it'll never happen..plus T.J is more effective on the break. Something I don't think we're going to be doing this season.

13. yaonotyo

yaonotyo Member

why reject this trade? we get two starters for the price of one!

14. westbury44

westbury44 Member

How do the rockets have a top projected first round pick?