1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade idea...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HayesStreet, Jan 10, 2002.

1. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Houston trades: Moochie Norris $3,600,000 to Golden State
    Houston trades: Walt Williams $5,000,000 to Golden State
    TOTAL: $8,600,000

Golden State trades: Erick Dampier $6,235,000 to Houston
    Golden State trades: Larry Hughes $2,343,635 to Houston
    TOTAL: $8,578,635

Trade accepted.

Golden State gets a point guard (Mooch) who'll allow (and maybe even contribute to) the development of their considerable stock of talent: Jamison, Fortson, and Richardson. They also get some relief from the backlog they've got in the frontcourt and a disposable (Walt) for a larger contract (Dampier).

Houston gets a big body for the middle (Dampier), they get rid of some of their logjam at the 3 (Walt) and a versatile player who can play either the one or the two. And who could be an explosive force off the bench ala his 22 ppg when he first got to GS. Personally, I don't think they've realized what they've got in Hughes...

What do you guys think?

2. Dave Jamerson

Dave Jamerson Member

this is a good trade proposal yet it is unrealistic the Warriors will trade Dampier considering Marc Jackson will be shipped before the dealine. That would leave them Foyle as their only center. As for Hughes, what would his place be on this roster. He is a player that commands alot of playing time and will take alot of shots. With Eddie, mobley and Stevie, we are not in demand of another player that is going to try and fill it up nightly. But, I would definetely not object to giving up moochie and Williams for that combo nevertheless.

3. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Its possible they could keep Jackson. And they have been playing Fortson some at Center too, meaning they'd have more than one player to play there: Foyle, Jackson, and Fortson. Dampier is not the answer for that team and I think they know it. That also opens up more time for Jamison at the four, where he is way more productive.

Hughes place would be backing up the 1 & 2, being a scorer off the bench, filling in when Cuttino and/or Francis are hurt. He does a lot of other things besides scoring like rebounding and steals. And he is still super young, so he could be around for years.

4. cmrockfan

cmrockfan Member

Don't we have poor enough shooting without adding a guy like Hughes?

5. outlaw

outlaw Member

Can a team exist with a Moochie and a Mookie?

I don't think Hughes will be too happy off the bench.

Besides, I'm sure GSW will require our first rounder to even consider this.

6. jshabang

jshabang Member

I wouldn't touch Dampier with Your hands!!!!! Let alone my own. If you guys think we have injuries now............Dampier is a 7 foot injurie.

And Hughes is not even worth discussing. That's all we need, some wanna be star, to complain about this and that and kill our team chemistry.

We need servicable Big men.
    And Dampier ain't that.

7. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

About time somebody besides me realize what Larry is capable of doing. I love that trade idea but Larry wouldn't want to back up Cuttino.

8. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

The idea of acquiring a veteran point guard appeals to me.

I'm not sure how much Mookie Blaylock makes.

Not sure too if Golden State would trade him.