1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Idea

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Alimoe84, May 23, 2006.

1. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

Lets face it. With the Rockets current roster, theyd have to be crazy to think they could compete with the Mavs, Spurs, and Suns. And what do all of those teams have that we lack? A productive power forward! Now that not a knock on Stro or Juwan...well ya, it kind of is, but here is my suggestion for the rockets.

The Rockets give up: Luther Head, Swift #8 pick, future #1 pick

The Rockets receive: Kenyon Martin

I know it sounds crazy, but the Rockets don't need to get any younger! 2005 would have been a different season if not for all of the injuries. KMart will be what Swift was expected to be and Yao will finally have the nastiness beside him down low that has been missing. I know that there will still have to be alot of changes made, but I see this as a start!

2. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Kiki, give it up. You don't even work for the Nuggets anymore.

This has to be the worst trade I've ever seen.

3. TracyMcCrazyeye

dear god, of all players kenyon martin? why? kenyon is just a slight improvement over stro. constantly injured, work ethic in question, and also very overrated.

4. dream2franchise

Yeah sorry i don't see this working for us, i think he makes way too much for what he produces, is extremely injury prone which is the last thing we need after last season. He also has an inability to create his own shot apart from a nasty running hook, i'd like a reliable scorer at the 4 spot.

I agree that we do need a major upgrade at PF, i'd like to have Howard come off the bench as i don't see any team taking him on.

5. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

Kiki..you're crazy..

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

WTF? Can I buy weed from you?

7. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Nah, I say we we throw in Tmac and Najara in return. Mac's always injured anyway.

This is a great start! I can't wait for the end. What is it gonna be? Yao for Andre Bynum? EXCITING!!!

8. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

LOL. I love it. After I posted this I was like damn, I'm gonna get blasted on the BBS. The more I thought about it, the dumber it became in my head. Clutch if you could lock this thread up, that'd be awesome! :)

9. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

I'd rather have Stro than K-Mart.

Stro doesn't cause disrupt team chemistry, is fairly cheap, and isn't constantly injured.

10. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

thinking before posting is just as important as thinking before speaking...

11. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

Luther and Swift for Kenyon might seem a LITTLE reasonable IF, and a big IF, Kenyon guarantees he stays healthy and have a good attitude :D (I know there is no way in heck he could)... I actually like Kenyon, I think he is a good player, it's right that he is a little over-rated, but we need this kind of "crazy" "chest-pounding after dunks" PF... I dont think it's a good idea though, the only guy I'd give up to get Kenyon is JHO, but Nuggets aren't that r****ded.. :D

12. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

lol... :D ..that's hilarious.. :D
    P.S: I dont think Yao for Bynum straight up would be fair, I'd throw in Mac and Turiaf... :D

13. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Thread is an A+ for someone actually admitting their post might have been dumb.

Doesn't Kenyon Martin make 300 million or so dollars? Also an underachiever with a questionable work effort, hmmmm.......... better call Isiah, the Knicks would love to have him.

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

LOL!!! Made my stomach hurt. :D

16. arjun

arjun Member

HAHAHAHA ur joking ritE?

17. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Martin will never be a Houston Rocket! JVG wouuld not put up with his attitude.

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

over-paid, under-producing, allways injured.

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Ok, I get the 'u' instead of 'you' and 'r' instead of 'our' - you reduce your typing by a remarkable 66%! Even with your 'cud' instead of 'could' you reduce your typing by 40%, but RITE?!?! Come on, man! You let yourself look illiterate for one single piddly letter! ONE LETTER DIFFERENCE! ONE! YOU ARE KILLING ME!

20. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

Ell Oh Ell. :D