1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

trade harden to the warriors for diangello Russell and this years first round pick,

flip diangello to the timberwolves for their first round pick And salary relief

Trade Westbrook to the knicks for their first round pick and salary relief

just a thought doesn’t mean I want to do it

Jontro likes this.
  2. Caprah

Caprah Member

Lol rocketschamp lol troll with a billion ids

3. cml750

cml750 Member

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Palm the Beard.

cml750 likes this.
  5. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

go watch Jeremy lin highlights Asian sensation

J Sizzle likes this.
  6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This year's draft looks less than stellar, relative to other years. If I knew I'd have 3 top 5 picks prior to the 2018 draft, I would have definitely considered such moves - and I was saying this before than, too. But this year... who knows.. I don't really "trust" any of the potential top lotto picks. I'm super excited about almost none of them. Heck... LaMelo could be the best pick.

Good news considering this is the GSW tank year.

Even still, precedent, plus desire, if it's a true "rebuild", you want to get a young lotto pick like guy that has already started to "prove it" a bit.

7. JayZ750

not sure if @BigMaloe even posts here anymore. And sure, the 4 years isn't quite up yet.

I know @Asian Sensation took a lot of heat on this thread, and sure he went overboard at times... but his position seemed pretty straight-forward to me from the get go. As in many ways it matched mine.

We weren't saying Harden is bad, or can't win a championship. It just was relatively clear... years ago, it'd be VERY VERY tough with him... because of leadership issue, and lack of defense.

And hey... they got VERY VERY close. But that they got so close and the relationship issues that seem to trouble Harden now throughout his career. At least he started trying on defense!

I know i had a lot of back and forth with @vlaurelio on this thread as well.

In this thread, and others, so many people took any criticism of Harden as just hate... the board has changed over the years to more reflect general fandom in the NBA, which is being fans of players more than teams.

I was and remain always looking out for the Rockets, and not an individual player. The idea of no longer being a fan of the team because Tilman is a dunce (true) and Harden is (likely) leaving, is insane to me.

We "PROBABLY" get as much for trading Harden now as we would have 3 years ago... but having done so 3 years ago would have allowed you to restart the process early, and be better positioned for today for sure.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

You don't start a process early for the sake of it. If we hadnt of traded for Westbrook, we would have been fine.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  9. JayZ750

The goal as mentioned many times in this thread was to win a championship as soon as possible, and the only reason to delay that goal would be to position yourself for a dynasty.

Had we kept CP3 we'd still be looking at where we are right now, EXCEPT we'd be much better positioned for a rebuild. They were not beating Lakers last year, even with the "old" squad.

But IN ANY CASE.... THEY DID TRADE CP3, because Harden couldn't get along with him, so they traded him for his buddy, who he can't get along with.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Citation needed?

HP3 likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Harden and Cp3 was a championship contender.

Disagree. Cp3 with the picks we had left, could have let us retool. And we could still get a monster haul from James Harden AND Chris Paul.

They traded him because the OWNER FORCED IT THROUGH

snowconeman22 likes this.
  12. Bo6

Bo6 Member

I like a lot of Harden trades tbh. We have leverage. Golden State, Philly, or the Nets... would all be championship contenders/favorites. We should have a bidding war on our hands.

Let's hope our FO doesn't pull a BoB.

13. JayZ750

The owner forced it through because HARDEN forced it through.
    Have you not been paying attention?
    The organization has done whatever Harden has wanted for years.
    That power is at the core of his being unable to have solid long-term relationships with Dwight, CP3 and now his best buddy Russ.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

If Tilllman had let Morey do his job, this trade would never have gone through. It has been said by Nook MANY times that James with fine with being told no about the trade going through.

DonnyMost and snowconeman22 like this.
  15. JayZ750

Russ is supposedly not cool with the amount of power Harden has in the organization.

They probably "get along" as people just fine, lol

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Russ came out and said those reports were fabricated. About him not wanting to play with James Harden.

ksny15 likes this.
  17. JayZ750

its possible... but in any case, they'd still be here without a Harden championship...

CP3 didn't exactly enjoy playing with Harden either.

Harden said he was good being in Houston, lol, just like 3 days ago.

So yeah... im going to take what Russ "said" with a grain of salt, since he DEFINITELY said he wants to be traded.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Eh. Not buying it.

I agree that James running off CP3 (supposedly) is a black mark on his career here, but overall I wouldn't have traded him for anything short of Lebron and I regret nothing.

HP3 likes this.
  19. JayZ750

Not buying what?

Russ has ASKED to be traded.

CP3 didn't enjoy playing with Harden, that was clear as day from watching them on the court together.