1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. s3ts

s3ts Member

So many idiots still hating on Harden.

IlI' hate on Harden for just one thing.

Why didnt he try to bring KD to Houston? We know that Harden would be the guy still, and be a better leader than RW. So why? Pride? And then you decided that it's okay to lessen your pride to let CP come to this team?

If we got KD instead of CP, there is no doubt in my mind that everything would've worked out better today. I don't mind paying KD 4 yr 160 mil deal.

Is it a problem of Morey? Harden? I don't know. But dontd tell me no one brought it up in a meeting. No chance in hell.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Please, youve never liked Harden, if this was a player you liked, you wouldnt be saying this ridiculous nonsense. Sorry people dont want to rebuild for the next 5 years, it aint happening. And if you think another player like Harden falls into your lap, you are mistaken. All time greats dont grow on trees. Also CP1.8, huh, .....so now we trash our own players cause of injury lol ok.

clutchdabear likes this.
  3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Harden asked KD first thing during free agency but KD had already decided to go to Warriors by then. The Warriors were actively recruiting KD throughout their 73 win season. Didn't you read that story Draymond called KD in the parking lot minutes after they lost the NBA finals?

The problem is that Morey still believes no mid-range shot is a good shot and even when our team is put in the position to win like last year in the WCF, when we're cold from the 3 point range, we just keep jacking it up instead of adjusting our strategy to fit the situation. We could've easily won game 7 if we had just chose to shoot some mid-range shots instead of forcing up 3s. Even with CP3 injured, he likely would've recovered in time for the finals.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Was someone real ****ing high on drugs when they started this thread ?!

Its not a war on drugs , its a war on personal freedom …. keep that in mind at all times ok ?!

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think you should consider changing your moniker, dude. Try vonBS on for size. It fits, in my humble opinion.

Reeko, clutchdabear and Lawlruschang like this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You want to be bashed? OK. Drop the "coach" at the front of your moniker and replace it with "post." Then drop the "lee" on the end. Instant moniker improvement. No thanks necessary.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

So in your unbiased bball iq rich opinion,

Lebron + butler = sure champs

Lebron + harden = failure

Smh

8. vlaurelio

So in your unbiased bball iq rich opinion,

Lebron + butler = sure champs

Lebron + harden = failure

Smh

9. vlaurelio

Which lone superstar could have single handedly given the rockets a championship??

Lawlruschang likes this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You read that post all wrong. It states that Lerbon with Hardhead = champs
    Hardhead with CP3 and Butler = champs
    Nice try though.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I have always said that I like Harden as a piece to our puzzle but not the only piece.
    As far as CP3 is concerned, I just don't see him making it through full seasons anymore without taking significant time off.
    Just calling it how I see it. I don't care how great of a scorer Harden is. It doesn't mean anything if they're losing games left and right.

12. Asian Sensation

Is that a trick question?

[​IMG]

One legendary Dream from 1994.
    NBA Champion
    Regular season MVP
    Finals MVP
    All-Star
    Defensive player of the year
    All NBA First team
    First team all defense

13. vlaurelio

In this era of superteams??

Chirp chirp

14. vlaurelio

So whos the only piece??

15. Asian Sensation

Luckily Harden is tough and pretty durable (knock on wood) so he was able to cover for CP3 last year during the regular season and I think he can keep us afloat again until CP3 is healthy since Harden kills it in the regular season.

Problem has always been when he inevitably struggles scoring in random playoff games and completely disappears... rest of his game shuts off (looks disengaged/lost) that’s when we need Paul most. I think it was game 5 last year against the Jazz when Paul totally bailed out Harden and dropped 40. It would’ve been really BAAAD for Harden’s rep if we lost that game and had to go back to Utah.

I believe MVP level Harden, a healthy CP3 and First & 2nd round Clint from last years playoffs is still about as good as it gets as far as “Big 3’s” go and good enough to compete for a Championship. It’s the rest of the pieces of the puzzle that we’ve really struggled with thus far that we need to solve. Luckily we have some time. Not an easy puzzle to finish but luckily everyone else is struggling putting it together as well and we’ve got the most important pieces already in place.

clutchdabear likes this.
  16. threepointshot3

Harden for his faults(turnovers and being a p***y sometimes in the clutch) is now easily has passed misses as the second best rocket ever

17. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

of course he tried. KD just a b****. if he went after cp3 he certainly went after his buddy KD.

18. threepointshot3

Last time I checked Dream had a damn good second star in Clyde the Glyde and a team loaded with shooters and scorers to go with defenders . That rockets team would slaughter this team.

19. Asian Sensation

Well let’s flip script. Replace 1994 Olajuwon with Last years MVP Harden, sub Mad Max for an equivalent Center version of him. How far do you think Harden goes? Just as a reminder in case you forgot Harden and Howard (still playing at ‘superstar’ level) couldn’t even get by Portland a few years ago.

Put 1994 Olajuwon on last years roster in place of Harden, replace Clint with a SG equivalent or don’t and he would’ve still slayed regardless of different game, style, era.

Also, how many superteams really are there though even currently? GSW and ?

There’s a lot of teams from that late 80’s and 90’s era that would still wreck shop in today’s game. A lot of teams had at least 1 superstar + more than 1 other borderline star with a deep roster overall. Quite a few had 2 superstars surrounded by quality players at other spots and some had 2 + very good 3rd player. Honestly not much has changed in terms of talent across teams.

Even “superteams” from the recent past didn’t always win a ring.

Miami Heat losing to the Spurs.
    Lakers losing to Pistons.

clutchdabear likes this.
  20. vlaurelio

Translation: i cant come up with an active player who can single handedly lead the rockets to a championship