1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

He wont

2. bmelo

bmelo Member

Whats the purpose of trading our best player from last 20years?

Sajan likes this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

lmao

Forgot about this thread

Good bump. Funny to reminisce some of the early hilarious posts.

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Op and all that liked it should be shamed publicly at the beginning of each season.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I used to think this was a good idea years ago when folks were queztioning his heart and leadership and dedication. And now i realize i was an idiot. Harden has exceeded most all reasonable expectations. Hes the best player in the nba not named lebron. And hes got many years ahead of him.

Trading Harden is the one thing you dont do. Trade everyone else, but not harden

eyhab27, Caesar, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  6. caneks

caneks Rookie

no own draft stars, no championship.
    people always forget the truth.

bmelo likes this.
  7. vonbock

vonbock Member

I agree harden is a top 5 player. Sure is wonderful having him here. If all you want is to see is a superstar here and not make it to the finals, then keep him until his skills decline like Hakeem and Andre Johnson and get nothing back in return. To get rid of cp3 we most likely will have to package him with someone else. Might as well package with harden to plan for the future because they are just a mediocre team with harden and cp3 sitting on the bench half the season.

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Packaging them together would make trading them crazy. That’s like 70ish million outgoing. I don’t believe there is a team or will be a team with that kind of cap space to just absorb those deals without sending stuff back in return. Probably stuff we wouldn’t want in this type of deal.

Your trade doesn’t make sense.

s3ts likes this.
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The Rockets will never a championship with Hardhead on the team. There are no other stars to pair him with. He can't lead a team around the corner. Nothing else left to do but trade him.
    Bash me all you want, but when its all said and done you will see that I'm right. We are going nowhere with Harden as the main man.

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Rockets would literally be the laughing stock of the nba if they traded Harden.

Mvp 4x 1st team nba scoring champ assist champ only 29.

Let’s trade that guy cause we’re 17-15 with 50 games to play.

I wound trade Harden for Anthony Davis straight up.

The league and media is in love with AD and he is fantastic but his track record for winning is awful.

I don’t get it. His teams are not bad. Should he be expected to compete for a chip? No.

But jeez if this guy is so transcendent why is he not getting his team to a top 5 seed let alone 50+ wins a year and easily in the playoffs mix.

His team is a consistent playoff bubble team.

Imo he’s the most overrated great player in the league. He’s been given to many passes and he should catch some flack by now.

His team is good enough to win 50 games.

Guys like joker are leading his team better than AD and if you look up and down the roster there comparable in terms of talent.

BigShasta, s3ts and jcf like this.
  11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I don’t know how old you are but 10 yrs into Hakeem’s career ppl said the exact same thing you just said about Harden and he hadn’t had nearly the same individual not team success Harden has already had in that span.

It’s not a given harden will win a ring but winning a chip is the hardest thing to do is sports and trading him for picks that you hope end up being as good as harden is not guaranteeing rings.

Honestly no disrespect but that’s loser mentality your spitting out.

Team was 24 mins away with harden as the best player from going to the finals playing against arguably the best team in nba history.

Harden has won more games regular season and playoffs against GS than anyone over the past 2+ season since they have acquired KD.

Who are your trading harden for that is replicating that?

Unless you want to tank and tear the whole farm down and be bad for the next 5 years just to hope to be a playoff team?

That sounds lovely, don’t sign me up.

Reeko, eyhab27, s3ts and 2 others like this.
  12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Who else are you going to put him with? He can't lead a team by himself. He needs another star. CP3 is at the point in his career where injuries start to nag him on a regular. So he won't be the same. Hardhead has a one season shelf life with other stars before the team for whatever reason becomes garbage. This is the second time in 4 years that its happened. You guys are just blinded by all the big points he's putting up.
    Best thing to do is try and trade him for multiple picks. Then with those picks, do some actual homework and try to score a GS kind of draft.
    We need a team, not an MVP.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are not completely wrong.

Every star coming out of OKC had some problems winning it all. Together they could not do it because they were too young, inexperienced.

Presti did not want to pay Harden max money and still play him 6th man minutes.

Every one of the 3 had too much swag, even Kevin Durant, the supposedly most modest one among them, turns prick.

I am wondering, why nobody from the Harden, WB, Durant trio ever went to the weaker East.

KD had to join a historic superteam and has Green stick it to him at every opportunity.

He won rings yet will remain a biatch forever. Maybe destiny is all!

Harden is the most creative one among those 3 BTW but he might not be the most successful one.

#1453 daywalker02, Dec 24, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  14. threepointshot3

The stupidity of this post. Rockets already been to two western conference finals, in his time as the main guy and ran into the greatest team of all time both times so in any other era we could be a two time champ with harden as the main guy

darksoul35 likes this.
  15. jcf

jcf Member

Bash.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Which 2 stars can give the rockets a sure championship?

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Which 2 stars can give the rockets a sure championship?

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Stop living in the past. I'm talking about now and the near future. We aren't going anywhere trying to put a team around Harden. We tried, almost succeeded last season but fell short because CP1.8 got hurt. Now he's hurt again so what do you think is going to happen? It's time to cut Hardhead loose while he is still worth it to other teams. I would rather spend the next 5 years rebuilding than sitting back watching the Rockets going in circles with Hardhead.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It would have been nice to have Lerbon or maybe even Butler to pair him with but both those ships have sailed.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He chokes really hard come playoff time and is 50/50 drunk in the regular season and only plays offense.

He has been killing it last few games consistently but played like **** the first 10.

You really don't know what you're gonna get.