1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lol @ trading Jimmy for Giannis

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

we'll never trade harden - harden is a rocket for life baby.

jamisonrocket likes this.
  3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Lol @ jayZ and his loser mentality.

"Hey man, let's just roll over and admit defeat and wait it out a couple years."

Very lacking in the competitive department.

4. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Harden is the best player. Only Durrant plus curry or curry plus Thompson, if they wants to trade. Leborn is old. It is past tense

5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Lol Giannis wouldn’t crack the 4th seed in the West.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

7th to 8th seed in the west may be the very best scenario for the rockets wih giannis

while the finals may be very best scenario for the bucks with harden

bucks might just give this some thought

BigMaloe likes this.
  7. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

At this point in his career Harden is a top 3 player and honestly he’s gaining on Durant for that 2 spot. Not only that, he’s durable which is probably the best asset he has.

Maybe in 2 years when he’s 30 you can discuss a hypothetical trade but right now no one (not named Durant/ Lebron; also debatable) gives the Rockets a better chance to win a chip. He’s consistently improved each season & that’s undeniable.

If you site his playoffs, it’s a fair point, but the regular season & the playoffs are mutually exclusive, one can argue that a top seed in the West is more valuable than a Harden dud or two in the playoffs.

BigMaloe likes this.
  8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'll put money on that, if you're willing to bet the Bucks will win a ring within the next 4 years.

Our guy against YOURS.

BigMaloe and vlaurelio like this.
  9. Soneca

Soneca Member

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think a lot of you people have SERIOUS reading comprehension problems.
    Did I say the Bucks would win a championship in the next 4 years? No, I clearly stated that Giannis extends your window.
    Do you disagree with that obvious statement?

So you don't want to take the first bet?

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Of course he does, he's much younger than Harden and already close to his prime... BUT he's your dude. So if you don't have confidence in your dude why should I make that bet. I have confidence in mine....

12. JayZ750

Lol @BigMaloe and his ok with playoff embarrassments.
    Do you want to put money on the Rockets winning the championship in the next 4 years??
    With Harden leading the way??

My goal is to win a championship. Your goal... I guess... is to root hard for your squad but be happy when they putter out in the playoffs every year.

The "winner" of this argument will be what ultimately happens... so you see them winning a ring the next 4 years?

13. MystikArkitect

Rockets wouldn’t trade Harden for Giannis. I don’t think the Bucks would either though. Harden is the better player and translates to more wins. The only 6-10 player that makes a championship level difference is Durant because he plays like a wing.

Towns/Embiid/Giannis/Davis are all fine players but this is a guard driven league. Curry/Durant/Harden/Kawhi/Paul/Westbrook/Kylie/Lebron matter more. It just is how it is.

JayGoogle likes this.
  14. JayZ750

What's the matter with you people?

He's not "my dude". I'm going to group you with the other imbeciles in this thread who have CLEAR reading comprehension problems. I like Giannis because he's awesome already at 22 with higher upside and would extend the ability to win a championship with him as the #1 guy to another 10 years.

As such I suggested a Harden-Giannis straight up swap I would do.

So, if you want me to bet Rockets win a championship in 4 years vs. the Rockets with Giannis winning a championship between now and the next 10 years.. then I am happy to do so.

Are you incapable of reading or understanding the above?
    Explain to me what confuses you about what I wrote?

15. mathor

mathor Member

Well actually i disagree with that obvious statement: you swap Harden and Giannis and at least this year the WINDOW IS F****IN CLOSED!

16. JayZ750

Depends on CP3s health.

CP3, Gordon, Giannis, Anderson, Capela, Bench...

IMO

Is as compelling as CP3, Harden, Ariza, Anderson, Capela, Bench...

But it doesn't matter a ton in any scenario, because the window is already basically closed this year.

I think a lot of you guys are overestimating what's going to happen with CP3 + Harden. This is not a seamless transition with a well put together duo. It can and hopefully will work by the time the playoffs come around, though.

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

CP3, Gordon, Giannis, Anderson, Capela, Bench...

that team doesn't even have a bench to begin with LOL

CP3 actually only wants to play with Harden

what makes you think CP3 even is okay with playing with Giannis?

so basically CP3 left Blake and DJ to play with Giannis?

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

So your dumbass realizes that your "SWAP" of Giannis/Harden would never happen right?

So you want us to be with you on your shi**y imaginary dream trade scenario to then bet on a real life NBA scenario of the Rockets winning the ship in 4 years while Giannis will need TEN!

WTF is wrong with you dude. Don't get me wrong I have Giannis on my fantasy team and there is no way I will trade him straight up for Harden, but that's where you're living in fantasy basketball world.

Get over your fu**in self.

19. JayZ750

The Rockets clearly AREN'T trading Harden for Giannis. The Bucks would also say no.
    My comment was to the lineups if it hypothetically happened.

And lol at comparing Giannis to Blake in 2017.

20. JayZ750

Hey, dickwad, I said straight up bet Rockets win a ring in 4 years. You were the dumbass that wasn't ok with that... I guess. You added stipulations.
    So wtf is wrong with your reading skills???

Then you made **** up about what I was implying. You... like @vlaurelio before you, reveled in attributing "savior" status for my view of Giannis, proudly proclaiming "YOUR" guy.

Now you're amazed that a guy who CLEARLY NOTED Giannis EXTENDS your window... would come back and say let's look at the analgous comparison with the EXTENDED WINDOW.

You're also amazed as if I'm realizing just now, a Harden for Giannis swap won't actually happen. Yeah, no **** sherlock. Hey, a Harden for Giannis swap can't even happen anyway given salary cap rules, much less all the other obvious reasons it won't happen.

What I said was I'D DO HARDEN FOR GIANNIS straight up if I could.

Are you mentally deficient? Seriously?? What is wrong with your reading comprehension skills.

Do you want to straight up bet on the Rockets winning a ring in the next 4 years, or do you want to continue being an *******, and resort to name calling, which I'm clearly (lol) more than happy to retort in kind?