1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Francis & #15 for JWill, Tyson Chandler, #31

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by percicles, Jun 17, 2002.

1. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

If we wanted J Williams, we could draft him outright....no need for a trade.

2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

A Chandler-Griffin-Ming frontline=9 blocks a game.

:eek:

3. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Barring chemistry issues, a good $$$ deal. More rookie scale contracts, less MAX. Get rid of Rice in a few and you can go shopping. You get big for small and replace small. No headache issue. Talent at all 5. s-ok. Good cash management. Caution- may not produce wins.

Interesting idea. I don't see it, though.

by-the-bye...who's percicles, anyway? I know Pericles, but can't remember any percy.

4. Hydra

Hydra Member

Why would anyone think that this trade was biased against the Rockets? :confused: Are you all on crack? Some of you would demand draft picks if we traded Francis for Duncan.

#24 Hydra, Jun 18, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2002
  5. Darth West

Darth West Member

Mind explaining why you feel Huston looses this one so badly? ... if not you can always post this on a Chicago board and see their reaction ...

6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Yep. He puts up big numbers, and in his <b>2nd</b> year in the league he was given a decent frontcourt and led the team to 45 wins and a near playoff berth. He's also an All-Star. So he's proven that if given help he can lead a team to 45 to 50 wins.

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

<b>Chandler is in my opinion more suitable playing PF thus the trade makes sense ... especially if you think that griffin will be able to play SF in the future ...</b>

But you have to give up Francis to do it. And the only proven player on your team is Mobley. So you would play with a rookie PG, a rookie Center, and a 2nd year SF and PF. There are people calling for Rudy's head already. This team would come out of the gate slowly and heads would roll, or people would call for mass firings!

8. Darth West

Darth West Member

You are completly correct in that this trade isn't meant for short term improvement and thus might be a bad strategy since you'll have a low attendence, new arena etc. ...

I am however not equally convinced that it will take you longer to become a true contender with this team ... after all this team isn't going to go anywhere until the frontcourt develops, which probably equals a few years experience for Ming & Griffin and I would expect that Jay Williams would develop just as fast, if not faster, then them ...

9. MysticRyder

MysticRyder Member

Steve will never be an all-star in my book until he puts the team 1st and quits passing to himself.:( :(

10. Hydra

Hydra Member

My bad, I meant to say against the Rockets. That is why I said picks would be required in addition to Duncan. My bad. I'll go edit it so it makes more sense.

11. Darth West

Darth West Member

Ops I am sorry ... I am just not very good at reading ... :)