1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade for what we really need

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hard Rock, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

we need a vet. pg who can really run a team and control the tempo when we need to close out a game. we also need some young legs at the 4 who can make open shots, rebound, block some shots, and stay out of foul trouble.
    here's two trade proposals that can really solve our problems:

1. Sura for D. Stoudmire. Memphis would like to get rid of Stoudmire's contract. I think Stoudmire could help the Rockets alot with his pg skills and experience. I'd trade Sura's expiring contract or the TE for Stoudmire's contract.

2. Wells for Sweetney. Sweetney's not in the Bull's plan and almost not in the Bulls rotation. he's a big body that can give you 16/10/1.5 at the 4 spot if given pt. he's in his contract year, I think he'll explore if we got him and give him a chance. Sweetney could be a good fit to this team and Yao.

we're loaded at the 2/3 spot so we don't really need Bonzi. Trading Bonzi and getting Stoudmire could let Luther play his nature position which is the 2 and give Snyder/Vspan/Novak some playing time to develop their game.

Yao Ming, Mutombo, Hayes
    Sweetney, Howard, Padgett
    S. Battier, Snyder, Novak
    McGrady, Head, V-Span
    Stoudmire, Allston, JL3

Deep, talanted, and Balanced lineup?

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Stoudamire is struggling really badly in Memphis. He is trying to come back from a severe injury, and he is old and undersized. Pass.

Never. I don't see him putting up these numbers. I'd pass on this as well.

3. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Errr...

1. We need Bonzi

2. Sweetney is even more of a ****** than Bonzi, and Bonzi has only played 13 out of 41 games because of that. Under JVG, Sweetney would never see the light of day.

3. JVG just needs to friggin use the bench. The reason we lost today was because he didn't use JLIII to backup Rafer, even though, JLIII/Rafer has worked quite well ever since Yao has been out.

4. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Stoudamire would be little to no improvement over Rafer in the long run, and more likely to get injured or run out of gas. One thing (there aren't many) that Rafer has going for him is that his conditioning is superb and he can play basically a whole game if needed. Stoudamire? Probably not. Plus Damon is only a marginally better shooter. That trade is a no go for me.

Sweetney is undersized (height-wise) and overweight. He also not a shot blocker. I'd rather stand pat and have Chuck start at PF for his energy and ability to play off the pick n' roll with Tracy. Sweetney gets in foul trouble too, so that's a moot point between them. This trade is also a no go in my opinion.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I do like Stoudemire, but why the hell would the rockets want sweetney, he just plain sucks. He is chuck hayes but fat.

6. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

He's Chuck Hayes - rebounds

7. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

nope...
    we need bonzi.. mike sweetney sucks.. he's short and fat... he's got some post moves and can score sometimes, but is no defense and his rebounding is also average AT BEST.. he's eddy curry lite..

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Sorry, I ment size wise. Chuck is much better than sweety

9. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

24.8 40.1 83.7 39.6 2.4 4.6 0.6 0.1 8.2

Stoudmire shooting 40.1% and 39.6% from 3; 83.7% ft. 4.6 assist and 8.2 pt in 24.8 min. i'd take those over Rafer's any day of the week; and Damon could help the Rockets more than JL3 even if he's as old as Deke.

Sweetney need's conditioning, so is Bonzi (he even airballed a free throw tonight) but Sweetney play the position that we need help more than Bonzi's. Head is really a 2 guard and should be play behind T-Mac as our 6th man. I'd rather let Luther play his nature position and give Bonzi's playing time to Snyder/V-Span/Novak and get an extra big body with potential.

10. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

are we trying to revert our ways back to the OLDEST TEAM IN THE NBA??

besides thats the point, damon is good for 24 mins a game not 48 (as rafer is CAPABLE of if needed).. damon can not even average 40-44

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

Chuck wouldn't have much value in a trade. His numbers of late aren't very good and he has an expiring minimum 2nd year contract.

12. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd rather we get Wilcox from Charlotte than Sweetney...

13. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

At Stoudamire's age those shooting %'s are likely to take a hit with a bump in minutes played. Don't forget that Memphis is playing extremely up tempo over the past 10 games. Basically a Phoenix pace, so his stats are inflated as a result (go take a look for yourself). Once in the Rockets system they would be curbed considerably, just like every other player who has come in here under JVG (not knocking JVG, just saying that's the system). I think he'd end up posting worse numbers than Rafer across the board, actually.

It would be a lateral move at best in my eyes, and you only do those for salary purposes or age purposes, areas in which there would be no significant gain in this situation.

14. Diaw

Diaw Member

wilcox -> seattle ... i assume you were talking about Ely ?

15. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Denver's Steve Blake is what we need as a strating point guard.

16. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

No comment. Just go to sleep and when you wake up....go back to sleep.

17. Pringles

Pringles Member

you also forgot jvg didn't put in bonzi in ot.

18. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

IT WAS A BIG MISTAKE

19. YugoRocketsFan

You know what we really need

Andre Miller

20. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

we need jason kidd. been saying this for 7 or 8 years.