1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade for Colt McCoy now!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by LonghornFan, Oct 27, 2014.

1. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

That was really McConaughey? I thought that was an impersonator (his co-host that never came in during the interview). I was waiting for it to get funnier but was just a little awkward.

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

We already have Mallett on this roster for a 7th. I guarantee you he's not worse than Cousins.

1 person likes this.
  3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

If it was a joke they got me good, but they did replay it at 8:50am. With pranks that rarely ever happens. Lance wasn't asking stupid questions either like he does with "insert name here" on a mobile.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It really is funny that this is a thing.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Colt played about as well as he's ever played in the NFL last night. To clamor for a trade now would be the equivalent of signing Kelvin Cato to a $50m+ contract after a couple of good pre-season games. With that being said, he made some plays last night that Fitzpatrick could only dream about. Either way though, Colt is NOT a long-term (or short-term) answer for anybody at this point. He continuously under-throws receivers, and his accuracy in tight windows is very hit-or-miss.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

All depends on cost, right? If Washington were willing to give him away, who would say no? I have no idea what it would cost to bring him to Houston. But if the price is right, why would you not look?

7. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Yes, trade our backup for him, this guy is a winner in the college, he could do some good things for us.

8. droopy421

droopy421 Member

I'm pretty sure it was Adam doing the voice.

9. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

You think Washington is going to trade their best QB? No way.

It wouldn't suprise me if the Texans traded for broken Down RGIII. It sounds like something the Texans would do.

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

<iframe width="600" height="150" scrolling="no" src="https://media.iheart.com/player/embed.html?autoStart=false&useFullScreen=true&mid=25487363&siteid=589&startButtonColor=0xA33335&share=http://www.sports790.com/media/play/matthew-mcconaughey-pgs-102814-25487363/" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" ></iframe>

#50 Bandwagoner, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If this season has proven anything, it's that RGIII is in fact the Redskins best QB. It's not even a debate at this point.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree as to what this season has proven, I think this season has proven that the Redskins don't have any good QB's at all.

13. Indaface

Indaface Member

Well considering RG3 has played one game this season it's hard to judge him. If he comes and stinks it up the rest of the season then yea you can say they need a new qb.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He could turn things around, but at this point I wouldn't want to have to count on it.

15. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Late day for me, I had just woken up. Got me good.

16. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

How does the game yesterday prove colt isn't a good QB? I'm not saying it proves he is. We just need to see more but I don't think most people watched that game and thought colt was bad.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not what I meant, RG3 hasn't shown to be a good QB and has shown that he has trouble staying healthy, Cousins has shown he's not a good QB, Colt showed that he wasn't a good QB several seasons ago. You could be right that RG3 is the best of what they have, but that's sort of like how Fitz is the best the Texans have at QB.

18. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Just listened .. hope that's not real cause MM sounds like an idiot if so .

19. Raven

Raven Member

If you're a mediocre NFL starting QB, Houston will be like heaven for you where even the local media pushes the status quo. Fitz has job security and Mallet is next in line, so there's no room for Colt, but the bigger issue is whether Smith is working the phones (like Morey would be) constantly looking to improve the position.

20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

He played well, all things considered. But there were a tonnnn of mistakes at the line of scrimmage. Whether reading coverages, play clock recognition, or poor throws. Considering he went from 3rd string to starter in 8 days, not bad. They got the W. But I didn't think he played a "damn fine" game at all. Happy he won, he was the only reason I watched the game. But I was disappointed in his performance. His stats looked good, 25-30. But his throws left a lot of yards on the field.