1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade for Colt McCoy now!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by LonghornFan, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Is this a joke?

25 of 30 / 299 yards Passing and a rushing TD

Vs

16 of 25 / 154 yards Passing

Those are comparable to you? Doesn't matter because Washington is not trading any backups while RG3 is one eyelid blink away from another leg injury.

2. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

My point was, we went into overtime. Fitz was good enough for that. Not sold on McCoy.

3. Brando2101

I think and I hope others would agree that our offense is considerably better than washintons. If Fitz had a game like that then we would have won in regulation. Also, we lost and they won.

I don't think anyone is sold on mccoy. Doesn't change the fact he had a better game with a worse team than Fitz.

Colt has a great opportunity in washington. Hope he can deliver.

4. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Also, how long was Romo out?

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

While Romo was out, Weeden was still driving the Cowboys and getting points. Romo came back in and **** the bed, again.

6. Brando2101

Tony Romo doesn't play defense. Doesn't change the fact that you think Fitz throwing half the amount of yards as colt did and a way lower passing % is somehow comparable.

Again, maybe if we had better QB play in the Dallas game we would have won. I'm not a huge anti Fitz guy. I think a lot of posters don't give him credit where he deserves it but this is the opposite of that.

Also, this thread should be locked. There is a colt thread in the football forum.

7. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

thanks for twisting my words homie. cuz thats exactly what i said :rolleyes:

read into it what you like, but thats not what i said

Heres a recap since you obviously could use some reading comprehension/context lessons

I responded to a comment where a poster said he would take Mc Coy over Fitz in a second. And my comment was, was it really that impressive considering Fitz got us into overtime facing the same defense.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Fitz didn't get us into OT. Foster did.

1 person likes this.
  9. edwardc

edwardc Member

Stop the nonsense right now children before you guys get a timeout.

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Brando2101

Stop twisting your own words:

My point was that Mccoy was phenomenally better than Fitz against the same team.

12. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

McCoy has won 2 games out of Washington's 3 wins..

Just because people might want him doesn't mean anyone thinks he is the next John Elway.. Lance Zerlein is a dumb ass... Yea your right Lance, Fitz is soooooo much better than Colt..

p.s. i'm going to laugh next week when rg3 comes back and they lose the game as colt stands on the sideline. rg3 sucks and is WAY overrated, injury prone, and a baby.. If someone outplayed him he would pout if he got benched..

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

This is the truest sentence ever posted on this forum.

14. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Matthew McConaughey got so tired of his "schtick" this morning that Matt pretty much made him look like a fool with his sarcasm and then abruptly hung up, sayin' he had **** to do. I know Lance and errone in the studio caught it but nothing was said. So owned.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Rick Smith should be fired for not signing Colt this summer.

Also, LZ is in fact a dumb ass.

16. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Washington is more then likely going to get rid of one of their QBs in the offseason. Would you want any of their leftovers? I would

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Why? There's been interest in Cousins in the past but he wasn't very good last year and was simply mediocre this year. McCoy had a good game but he's been in the league long enough for you to know isn't a solid starting caliber QB, let alone a franchise caliber one. If you want to keep treading water at the QB position, go ahead. By all means, trade for one of them. I'd rather focus on getting somebody who at least has the potential to be a top 10 QB.

18. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I'll take Colt as a backup. I doubt they trade RG3 after giving up so much to get him. I think Cousins is gone.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What about Matt Shaub?

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/Ohl0vZq51mY/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

This is what i was meaning as a backup QB. Cousins and Colt probably aren't your franchise QB but they'd be a good stop gap until you find, or while your grooming your franchise QB