1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Dragic, Lowry, both or keep both?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Mar 21, 2012.

?

What would you do?

1. Trade Lowry?

93 vote(s)
    33.0%
  2. Trade Dragic?

14 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Trade Both?

15 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Keep both?

160 vote(s)
    56.7%
  1. houstunnin

houstunnin Member

Both are good they know Westbrook is good...averaging 23.9 a game and they have 2 Highing Scorer durant..and adding Harden...that's a good team...They will never let them Go...i know that forsure or at least for along time.

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

They can't afford to keep all 3 with the new CBA. No team can afford 3 max players except the ones owned by multi-billionaires that don't care about losing money.

3. houstunnin

houstunnin Member

yeah you're right but they gonna keep Westbrook/Durant never apart them..Both Long term be nice we get James harden tho for Someone in our team..he's good.

1 person likes this.
  4. thekad

thekad Member

Magic kept Gortat. Too bad they wasted him by trading for Turkoglu.

5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Cool, I like your style.:)

6. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

He too was restricted and wanted to leave for a starting job (Mavs gave him an offer sheet and Magic matched, a surprising move at the time).

7. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

I would trade Martin/dragic for harden in a heartbeat.

Or what about dragic, Patterson, and Morris or dmo? And a 1st

8. cod

cod Member

Harden is a shooting guard. More media pundits are suggesting that Westbrook isn't a PG, he should instead play SG. They're also not denying Westbrook is a bonafide franchise level player.

Lowry is locked into that nice contract of his. OKC keep the All star level player and salary flexibility. It could be the right situation and pieces for both teams.

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Trade for LMA using our best asset (Lowry). Find a center through the draft and we may be a contender!

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

Lowry (and maybe a draft pick) for Harden would make way too much sense for both teams if OKC does see Westbrook as more of an SG type player. But, it really depends on their point of view. If they are committed to Westbrook playing the 1, they have no need for Lowry.

11. freshstart

freshstart Member

sign Dragic, trade Lowry to Toronto for their top 5 pick or rights to Valanciunas.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yes, hence my question....we'd still have lee and Martin at SG.

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Don't sign back Lee, and try to move Martin (and scola for that matter) for an expirings and a pick.

14. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

wait, what?

hypocrite hahaha smh

you just contradicted yourself because rant is the case, then explain yourself as to why you vehemently wanted Aaron Brooks over Kyle Lowry.. Lowry is EVERYTHING you proclaimed about Dragic over Lowry, ah man youre fake lol

just admit you hate Lowry and ESPECIALLY have it out to criticize him because you were made out to look really dumb about your proclamtion of AB over K-Low

#fairweather

15. cod

cod Member

Martin is an expiring contract next season. even if he wasn't he'd be easy to deal.

It's obvious now that the Rockets knew how serious Martin's shoulder injury is. That's why his name was absent in reported trade offers.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

It looks like Martin's shoulder injury and Lowry's infection really cratered Morey's deadline plans, so he had to go with Plan F(U Derek Fisher)

1 person likes this.
  17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Just shows how amazing of a GM Morey is that the backup plan for his backup plan's backup plan is to pick up a fantastic defensive/rebounding 7-footer for scraps and a first round pick for $250K and the expiring contract of a 15 minute a game rebounding-only bench big.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I like the way Aaron Brooks played in his MIP year more than I like the way Lowry played even at his best, yes.

I thought they had to trade Brooks though, because he was gumming up the works last year by pouting in a contract year, but honestly, I blame Morey for not extending him first and ending that problem all together.

I prefer Point guards that can get by their man and create off the bounce more than hustle ones like Lowry.

Doesn't mean I hate anyone, just prefer one style over the other, and I think Dragic is the best of both AB and Lowry....good on O and good on D, and better than both.

DD

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Brooks at his best wasn't as productive as Lowry at his best, DD. That's a simple fact. Not only has Lowry been more productive on offense (19.3 PER this year compared to Brooks with 16.0 PER in 2009-10) he is a much better defensive player and rebounder as well.

I was as big a Brooks fan as anyone and I think he will still wind up being a good NBA player and having a nice career when he comes back... but give it up... Lowry has proven the doubters wrong. He's the better player.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

PER argument, everyone stand back, it is a PER argument a made up compilation of stats by a sportswriter, that must be the end all of all things basketball.

Brooks was carrying 3 no offensive players on offense, so it had an impact on his PER compiliation.

LOL - I disagree - but it is ok to do that, it is about preference, and I prefered Brooks way of balling to Lowry's still do everything being the same.

:)

DD