1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Dragic, Lowry, both or keep both?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Mar 21, 2012.

?

What would you do?

1. Trade Lowry?

93 vote(s)
    33.0%
  2. Trade Dragic?

14 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Trade Both?

15 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Keep both?

160 vote(s)
    56.7%
  1. nadman89

nadman89 Member

i dont care trade martin and keep scola!!

2. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

There are solid big men who might become available. They may not be superstars like Howard, but, honestly, how many superstar big men are there? Think Zach Randolph (veteran whose been out all year, and could potentially leave Memphis given the right circumstances), LaMarcus Aldridge (does Portland go into full rebuilding mode?), Josh Smith (whom had asked to be traded and likes the idea of Houston), Pau Gasol, and Serge Ibaka (can the Thunder keep all of their pieces?). And there are others, too!

An athletic upgrade over Scola would do wonders.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Keep both, trade martin resign lee and have dragic be our 6th man. Backing up both lee and lowry therefor getting 30 mins a game. I believe dragic is big enough to guard average 2G's and our backcourt would be set for the next 4 years. It won't be a toxic backcourt like lowry and brooks because both will be getting starters mins and both will have a huge role on the team, sort of like ginobili.

4. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Dragic's WAY to out of control to replace Kyle Lowry. The only style Dragic can play is uptempo. Lowry's game can be productive in a half court setting and on the fastbreak. Dragic makes too many mistakes trying to do too much at times. You guys must've forgot how far Lowry's came

5. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Funny -- Everybody on this board was saying the same thing about Kyle Lowry when he was backing up Aaron Brooks. Dragic's decision making has been very good as a starter. He always tries to take advantage of the opponent's defense before its set, but if he can't take advantage he's been pretty good about pulling it out and running our halfcourt offense.

6. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

Dragic over Lowry

I like Lowry but...Dragic seems to be more consistent and like people have mentioned doesn't depend on attacking the basket Philly style.

Trade Scola and Lowry for LMA. Scola and LMA have 3 years after this season. Portland drops off at PF but upgrades at PG as Felton's contract ends this season.

Then trade Martin, Patterson, and Morris/Budinger(probably Budinger sense he is proven) for Iggy. Martin will expire at the end of next season freeing up the 2 guard for Evan Turner, Patterson is solid big guy, and Budinger can back up Thad Young and Turner.

Throw in money,filler, take back "bad" contract and/or picks if that isn't rich enough for either team. Bring Donatas and Lull next season, draft well, and we are a good playoff team and potential future contender.

C Bear, Camby, G.Smith
    PF LMA, Donuts(potential all-star)
    SF Parsons, Morris, P.Jones3?(potential all-star if he gets act together)
    SG Iggy, Lee, T.Wroten?(3rd string 1 and 2 guard)
    PG Dragic, Lull

Fill out roster with D-League or Vets. Our starting line-up should be a great defensive unit. 2nd unit could be on of the best in the league.

What do yall think?:)

7. houstunnin

houstunnin Member

If that happens...#championship....I would do that in a heartbeat keep Gragic/Lee/Parson...Forsure Defense and can score imagine regular season =)

8. houstunnin

houstunnin Member

YuhhhH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gragic seem to be same level as Kyle or can be as good or better yet.....cause he dosen't seem full min's plus he get easily double-double easily...It's good to have them both to be honest tho..then our bench is solid. K-Mart ehh i was buying into him but now Lee stepped up and showed me that's how you do it Defense and Run the whole Court...But If K-Mart Reedem Himself And Average like last year and More D...then I hope but still trade him next summer..for a package for superstar....Iggy/Aldrige be a dream...Scola.

9. raining threes

I wanted to keep Dragic over Lowry.

But since DD wants Dragic, I will go with Lowry. LOL

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Huh? Dragic's been making plenty of plays in the half court...

The fact that Lowry has came a long way tells you how much he has to try to be a player he really isn't. He's not the player the Rockets want him to be. He's more corey maggette than chris paul, skill-wise. I think it comes more naturally to Dragic, to score and pass, and he'll keep up this production longer than Lowry can.

11. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I love them both, but its an easy call! Considering we can't keep both you go with the guy that has numbers similar to the top PGs in the league, it's Lowry every day!

12. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Im sorry... What??

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Very nice. I have been thinking almost the same thing: Lowry and Martin for LMA. Portland might bite since Lowry is one of the better young pgs in the league. Plus, they get a high scorer in Martin.

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I would trade anyone on our squad for LA, but its not going to happen. Cornerstone big men do not become available unless all hell breaks loose.

15. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

LMA...hard to obtain?

True but maybe Portland is on total rebuild mode. With the trades they made and the Roy and Oden era being destroyed by their bodies the franchise won't be back in contention for a while. LMA is beginning his prime and it will be essentially wasted on a lottery team/borderline playoff team for 3-5 years a la KG. Get some value for him and speed up the rebuilding with high draft picks and young players with potential while saving money. Don't KG the man.

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Been wondering about Portland myself. Would Lowry and #9 be enough to jump up and get #3?

17. cod

cod Member

If OKC fall short in the playoffs... Offer Lowry for Harden?

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Where do we put Harden? And where does OKC put Westbrook?

19. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Make harden a shooting guard. Same with Westbrook. Then OKC needs to get a better coach.

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

OKC is not going to move Harden. They know he's better than Westbrook. They'll wind up moving Westbrook eventually. And his star will fade after he bombs out of this year's playoffs again. Westbrook, very simply, is not that good. He's a shooting guard playing out of position and Harden is a better shooting guard than him.