1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Dragic, Lowry, both or keep both?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Mar 21, 2012.

?

What would you do?

1. Trade Lowry?

93 vote(s)
    33.0%
  2. Trade Dragic?

14 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Trade Both?

15 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Keep both?

160 vote(s)
    56.7%
  1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I say trade Lowry for a high 1st and Martin for a mid to late 1st. If necessary, trade Scola for a late 1st too.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The 2012 draft provides us with the perfect opportunuity too go full rebuild.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Glad people are finally coming around to the right side of the argument.

:)

DD

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I been saying this in other threads but im going to say it again I'm close to saying dragic>Lowry dragon can drive and dish his vision is excellent he can finish at the rim he's constantly pushing the ball he's tenacious on D im not saying but I'm close to saying it and I'm also starting to think dragic&lee>lowry&martin

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We need to keep both dragic and lee and trade Lowry and Martin we got da money to resign dragic and lee and they are must keeps

6. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Unbelievable how many people want to trade Lowry... I mean he's already proven himself pretty solidly, and his record was better than Goran's has been so far, not to mention that he did it for much longer, and his salary is probably less than what Goran is going to ask for.

I love both guys, but I know it's not a reasonable expectation to keep both since both are quality starter-caliber PGs... If I had to choose one guy right now, I don't see how I couldn't pick Lowry.

Will be very, very interesting to see what happens when Lowry gets back, though.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

I was trying to think which top 5 draft pick teams might want Lowry...

-I doubt Charlotte gives up their pick for any player, they're not anywhere near that point.

-Washington has Wall, no need for Lowry.

-New Orleans maybe, especially if we take back Okafor with our cap space, but they do have Jarrett Jack who is playing pretty well.

-Similar situation with Toronto and Calderon.

-Sacramento, I'm not sure--do they still see Tyreke as their PG? Do they want to deal with us yet again or are they tired of Rockets rejects?

-Perhaps Portland would convey to us that Nets pick they stole (turning Gerald Wallace's expiring contract into Kyle Lowry, good grief), but I'm not sure I would send out Lowry for a #6-8 unless we can combine it with our Knicks and Mavericks picks for a top 3 pick or a superstar.

-Detroit has Stuckey but could move him to SG. Again though, sending Lowry out for a #6-8 doesn't sit too well with me.

-Utah would probably send us their GS draft pick, but 1) Do you really want to see Lowry and his already excellent flopping talents on the Jazz? and 2) Same problem, likely winds up being #7-9. How about this, they can have Lowry for Paul Millsap plus the rights to swap the Knicks pick with their GS pick. ;)

8. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

I think Dragic will get offered good money and a starting role somewhere and he'll take it...and given what he's been showing lately, he could explode once he leaves. DM quite possibly wants to avoid another Lin situation where he let a talented player walk for nothing, so I think there's a good chance he tries to trade Lowry and re-sign Dragic as the starter.

I don't follow college hoops very closely so I didn't know this, but it looks like the PG prospects for this year AND the next are not all that promising. Chad Ford said the following in a follow-up piece to his latest mock draft:

That makes the chances that Lowry could be traded for a high pick in this year's draft a lot better, huh? That's ideally what I would want much more than trading for an old and overpaid Gasoft...a young stud that can be the face of our franchise for years to come. I know some of you guys won't think it's possible, but who knows? Maybe Morey will see star potential in someone that other GM's are underestimating. It only takes ONE GM like Nets' Billy King, who's on record saying he only likes 3 players in this draft, for Morey to capitalize.

9. faraza84

faraza84 Member

trade lowry, his value was sky high but if his post injury performance isnt too good i think we will have to trade dragic. Never sell low on a player, like we did with brooks. Remember players tend to have spurts of good games and some bad, but stars rarely have slumps, and if they do they make up for it in other areas of the game. I guess a draft day deal is already in place with assets and one of our worse picks to move up. Either way we gotta trade for a star or a really good pick. No back up material, that can be done via 2nd round

10. faraza84

faraza84 Member

I could see charlotte giving us their pick and augustine for lowry and martin. They tried to unload him on draft day but werent able to. That would give charlotte a good core of lowry martin, magette thomas and who ever they have at center. Maybe im just being too crazy of an armchair gm

11. AFS

AFS Member

We missed out on being able to sell high on Martin and Scola (albeit, that was partially Stern's fault). Lets not make the same mistake with Lowry. I say trade him while his value is high.

12. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

is Dragic RFA or UFA?

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

What has aldridge looked like lately?

Flip lowry for a pick and then the pick for LA?

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

I would like to keep both, to choose between them, that's a tough one. What's the money difference?

15. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

I like lowry a lot but he pisses me off with trying to get fouls every time and his defense isn't what it used to be; his rebounding is is still good.I ve seen enough of dragic play starter minutes(this season& and last) to believe he can be a better pg.

16. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I believe they are not resigning Tyreke. I read somewhere they will not sign him next year.. That may be a good place for Lowry and he will be with Chuckwagon again

17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Unrestricted because he was a second rounder.

18. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

At least we have CLee as a restricted FA :grin:

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I forgot to add with 4 years of experience. If he only had 2 years, he would have fallen under the Arenas rule.

20. justinh

justinh Member

theres no way they are both rockets to start next season.