1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline Random Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thumbs, Jan 23, 2008.

1. speed star

speed star Member

Bucks F Charlie Villanueva said that he heard the Rockets had interest in him.
    Its on Realgm.

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I just read that too. I'm not really sure why we would have any interest since I don't really see him as anything other than a PF and we finally seem to be set at that position.

3. uchlha

uchlha Member

lol if only that would happen

4. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Would you do Hayes and Luther for Villanueva?

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Hey DaDakota,

J.J.'s agent is trying to get him out of Orlando. (sigh)

The point guard Toronto would be willing to move is T.J. Ford, not Calderon. I bet you could get him for Brooks, James, and Snyder......because of his injury. Then we could have the all brokeback backcourt with him and McGrady wobbling around out there.

6. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

7. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

I don't think Toronto would give up Calderon for Brooks and a first rounder either. I'm just saying I wouldn't give up Landry in the deal. Make it Hayes instead and throw in Luther for good measure. Landry is the perfect compliment to Yao. He is a young, athletic Juwan Howard. Very good mid range jumper, excellent rebounder and shot blocker. His team defense will get better in time.

8. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Kirilenko ... I hate that guy! No way, softy andrei will wear the Rockets uniform! :mad:

9. Jelle

Jelle Rookie

Teams are shopping and it definetly looks like the Clippers are going nowhere, i suggest a nice trade to bring Cassell home, maybe with Magette / Mobley in a package deal. Cassell is 7th in FT% on the season !! :eek:

Seriously, bring this guy home and trade Mike James, Bonzi Wells, Kirk Snyder and maybe Chuck Hayes if that will ignite the Clippers to get this thing rolling.

10. tharges

tharges Member

James/Head to Toronto for Ford

McGrady for Wade straight up imagine Yao and Wade pick and roll driving to the hoop!

11. rocketrazorback

rocketrazorback Contributing Member

in the Jason Kidd trade talks, it was discussed that Stackhouse would be part of that deal but would subsequently be bought out.

How about Stackhouse coming off the bench as offensive firepower

12. poprocks

poprocks Member

Kapono is wayyyyyyy better than Reddick. Francis to Clippers to reunite with Cutino and get some playing time. We should be able to get Cassell if we throw in something to sweeten the pot. Say...um Head?

13. danny317

danny317 Member

what happened to that guys eyebrows?

14. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Villanueva offered them to Michael Redd to cover that yamaka-shaped bald spot on the top of his head.

Redd declined the offer so he gave them to Yi.

15. tomjc

tomjc Member

is jason kidd even that good defensively?
    would he be a good point guard in 1/2 court situations?

16. Tornadoofsoul6

Kidd is one of the better defensive PGs in the league, normally he would be better at a fast-paced offense.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He used to be good, but he's slowed down with age and injuries. He'd really struggle defensively against the elite PGs in the West. Probably more so than Rafer Alston.

18. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Like Wade, Kidd is not a great one-on-one defender but he plays solid team defense. He is good at reading the other team's offense and predicting ball movement. That is what allows him to pick up his share of steals and get in position for defensive boards.

19. Jelle

Jelle Rookie

I like the idea of reuniting Francis with Cutino but i don't think the Clippers are interested in a minor 10% of what Francis what he used to be and very injury prone on top of that. I would like to see it happen because Francis heart broke when Cutino was traded when they were with the Rockets.

It won't happen though and i hope Rafer fails so they see what mistake they made in not getting Cassell (on one hand) :mad: