1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline Random Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thumbs, Jan 23, 2008.

1. drich

drich Member

in doing this sac town will actually be dropping over 8 mil. at the end of next year with snyder deal over this year and mike james deal ending at the end of next year plus they would be keeping a pretty good guy in shane who salary is reasonable

2. drich

drich Member

hey man news flash tmac isn't going anywhere. and lets try and keep this trade thread within reason please

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Your "chat" answered your own question. Orlando is a contending team? If they're not playing him, why would we?

I mean, I can kind of see their point in that if you have a playoff team lacking some shooting, he might be a good 10 minute guy off the bench, BUT, (1) he isn't playing now, for a contending team. There's a reason he's not playing. He's not shown he's good enough, and (2) The Rockets are not currently a playoff team.

We need more than just a tweak. More than just a Fred Hoiberg (and again, Reddick has yet to show he can be that).

Even seeing Head's shortfalls (and I disagree with you that this is all we're going to get...Head's already proven he is capable of working on parts of his game in the offseason and improving), but even seeing that he has them, for sure, he does bring positives on the court.

Reddick brings you question marks. It's even worse then potential, because it was potential when he was drafted. Now, 2+ years later, it's barely even that....it's already unfufilled potential, with maybe some left.

I'd rather get a draft pick from them...

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Huh, wha'? There are few deals proposed, whether 'legally' possible or not, on this (or any fan) Board which I wouldn't do in a NYMinute; nor would I expect the other team to 'welcome'.

5. mac n ming

mac n ming Member

I've been watching Ryan Gomes lateley and he can ball, i would rather have him than Gerald Green.

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

My pipe dream is that Landry will develop in the way Gomes has. Gomes would be terrific filling a role on a quality team.

7. zack15432

zack15432 Member

if the rox could some how convince ron artest to come here and not opt out after this year that would be the perfect situation because he has the tenasity that this team lacks. not to mention all we would have to give up would be Battier or james and snyder. i know that battier is not someone that many of would want to get rid of, but it would be a huge upgrade at SF. artests defense is just as good, but his scoring average is much better and he is not afraid of driving to the basket. with artest mac and yao we should have no problem making it to the 2nd round, and adlman has already coached him and artest likes adleman. so it sould be fine. artest also said he just wants to contend for a championship, and the idea of himself with yao and mas should be pretty easy decision.

8. Bigmarky

Bigmarky Member

9. javashot

javashot Member

mcgrady and battier for
    gerald wallace and jason richardson

10. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

11. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Perfect Trade.

Indiana - Get young talent in Snyder and a veteran point guard who can fit in their system better than Tinsley.

Houston - Good young shooter in Rush and an upgraded version of MJ with Tinsley.
    NOTE - Tinsley very injury prone.

12. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Head and james for kleiza and najera.

13. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Seems like a lot of you want defense and hustle guys. I think the Rockets need a consistent shooter so when they double Yao or Tmac, they will pay. Roxs have too many inconsistent shooters. Too bad Kyle Kover got taken :(

14. spankz141

spankz141 Member

since Kirk Snyder isnt playing much, how about Kirk for Smush and 2008 2nd Round Pick from Miami. Miami gets a young athletic player with potential and lose Smush Parker. Rockets get Smush (let him sit like Kirk or buy him out) and pick up a 2nd Rounder which will be early in the 2nd round due to Miami's crappy record.

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Most suitable potential trade partner if we're looking to make a significant move? It has to be Sacramento.....

Why? Artest and Bibby are both available.

Right now i'm going through a major debate of which player I think makes more sense. The psycho on firesale or some expensive potential fool's gold?

Obviously Bibby is the better fit. We're desperately lacking that "closer" type of player especially with the possibility of Rafer playing 40 minutes a night again becoming a reality and possible permanence. Clearly, nobody wants to see that happen and Bibby gives us a player capable of splitting minutes and/or taking over the starting job in order to prevent that fatally flawed idea from happening.

The problem is I just can't see us acquiring Bibby without, at the very least, parting with Battier. A deal centered around a Battier for Bibby swap doesn't necessarily make us a better team. That weakens our perimeter defense considerably and (depending upon the exact deal) leaves us with yet another PG thus unbalancing our roster even more.

Artest, on the other hand, I think could be acquired without parting with Battier. Sacramento was ready to deal him to NY for freaking Balkman and Nate Robinson. That's nothing. Adelman has gone with lineups that feature T-Mac, Battier and Bonzi all on the floor so clearly going "small" isn't a problem for Adelman. The idea of Artest and Battier smothering the opposition is very intriguing.

With the way Artest has been threatening to opt why wouldn't it make sense for us to at least take a look? He has stated that his #1 priority is to win a championship at any cost. Even if that "cost" is him playing considerably under his market value. I really feel if we dealt for him he wouldn't even bother opting out after this year and in the event he did, T-Mac and company could persuade him to stick around for a title run.

Thoughts?

16. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I would like to get ricky davis as a swing behind tmac and battier. He would add atheleticism and quickness,plus he's like 6'7. The rox can probably dump snyder,bonzi and novak to get to the 6m davis is making. Then with the extra roster spot, they could add a veteran like pj brown for depth and direction. it would kill heads time, but when the rox get in the playoffs, a guy like davis comes in and plays better in the playoffs.

17. mister pc

mister pc Member

Head + Battier + 2nd round pick to SAC for Ron Artest

Sacramento might like this offer, better than losing Artest at the end of this season and getting nothing. Head and Battier are the most attractive players the Rockets can afford to give up at this point, and they both have a couple years left on their contracts. We could also part with Snyder if the Kings are interested, but they are not likely to accept Mike James in a trade he has negative value. Artest would replace Battier in the rotation. Aaron Brooks would get more minutes to compensate for losing Luther Head, with James and Francis on the bench competing for the remaining minutes.

Alston/Brooks/Francis
    McGrady/Brooks/James
    Artest/Wells
    Hayes/Scola
    Yao/Landry/Deke

inactive: Novak, Snyder
    (this leaves the Rockets with one open spot on the 15 man roster. maybe for mike harris...)

The Rockets would improve defensively and offensively with this trade. Battier and Hayes are good players to have but just arent a great combo because together they make for a stagnant offense. Artest would bring balance to the scoring, and he an even better defender than Shane. Also the Rockets would probably lead the league in rebounding with Yao, Hayes, Artest in the front court (or even with Landry/Scola in place of the Chuckwagon).

18. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

This would be great for us, but it would be idiotic for the Kings. Head isn't needed with Kevin Martin and Francisco Garcia -- both superior players to Luther. Even if they lost Artest for nothing, they have John Salmons to step in. Salmons is a downgrade from Artest but certainly better in their scheme than Battier since Shane doesn't score consistently.

#78 thumbs, Jan 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  19. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Um, Barnes plays for the Warriors.

20. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Boy! Does Barnes have range on his 3-point shot or what?! :D

(John Salmons = Shane Battier -- not as as good a defender but a better scorer)

#80 thumbs, Jan 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2008