1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline Random Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thumbs, Jan 23, 2008.

1. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Please stop spreading false information. Wells and Head combined make $3.4m. Miller makes $8.3m. This is even close capwise and Luther Head's contract doesn't expire until 2010.

2. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Sorry, GATER. Didn't realize that you were looking for a source.

I thought that sources were typically needed for trade rumors, but not for prior factual occurrences.

My bad. ;)

3. GATER

BT -
    No problem. I wasn't questioning your authenticity. Only the fact the I couldn't recall reading it anywhere. I only pushed on this a little because the KVH thing (retired but not waived players) is a whole new and intriguing way to look at trades. Thanks for catching that.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

If the Rockets stand pat and don't attempt to upgrade in some way, I believe they will regret it come playoff time. This team needs some tweaking in the worst way. It needs more size, more athleticism, and more "attitude."

If you stand pat, you will fall flat!

5. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

has anyone mentioned TJ ford?

he is a houston native after all and the way calderon is playing...

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The Change in Team Outlook: -19.8 ppg, -8.5 rpg, and -1.3 apg. -
    those are essentially Yao's numbers. So on paper that would mean we are essentially trading Yao Ming for nothing...this is one of those calls though, if you're talking chances of postseason advancement, you have to make...

Signs point to Yao peaking, and unfortunately his peaked netted 1st round exits. With a 2 headed center attack of Haywood and Etan Thomas you get battle tested vets who are unyielding come pressure time. They enabled their Wizards team in 04-05 to upset a good Bulls team on their way to the conference semis.

We know what happened that same 04-05 with the Rockets....

Songaila you get another forward who is tough down low with a knack for putting the ball in the basket. Cant forget he has previous experience playing with Adelman on a very good Kings team, so he should fit well with the team concept.

Deshawn Stevenson has improved his outside shooting every year to where he's now a legitimate outside threat. Plus he can D up on the opposing bigger guards unlike Luther Head who's struggled doing that...add in his athleticism and ability to drive to the rim and this is where you'd see the biggest improvement to the team...

So we get more athletic, get rid of an inconsistent Bonzi replaced with a more reliable "Adelman system" guy, and more defense and toughness in the paint down low to stop Boozer and Duncan

7. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

that trade is not even economically viable.

Think about all the tickets yao ming sells. not to mention China would not approve as well.

Yao will be a Rocket for his entire career. Or a Laker. Anywhere with a large chinese population.

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Why does every trade option to get artest,posters want to keep battier? I mean, Battier shouldn't be a deal breaker to get Artest. Brooks shouldn't be one either. We're talking about a elite player vs. 2 role players with limitations.

9. goyao11

goyao11 Member

Wow um, i thought everyone was joking, but i guess people are actually considering that ludicrous proposal.

Yao Ming for Etan Thomas, Haywood, and Stevenson? And people think that will help us advance in the playoffs? wow.

To advance in the playoffs, you MUST have a dominant low post scorer. Does etan thomas have a low post game? no. Does haywood have it? no. Songaila? stop joshing me. You guys say that we need to slow down boozer and duncan? why? BECAUSE THEY ARE THREATS DOWN LOW. well, after this trade, nobody will need to worry about slowing down our yao because now we have frickin' thomas/haywood/songaila in the post! what? trading dominance for mediocrity makes no sense.

Stevenson would be an upgrade over Head, but he is NOT NEARLY recompense for losing the lowpost threat of Yao. If you think people key onto Mac or Yao now as a way to stop the Rockets, imagine how much opponents will gameplan for Mac when yao isn't there. Wow.

Seriously, maybe this trade should go through just so Yao can go play with Arenas, Caron, and Jamison. We will then see how valuable Yao is when the Wiz win the Championship and the rockets dont even make the playoffs. sheesh.

And of course, if all the previous posts were sarcasm and i missed it completely, I apologize.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because with Artest it's a one shot deal - he'll likely be gone at the end of the season. If we want him and he really wants to be here - why not pick him up at the end of the season?

If Artest was signed for a few more years, it'd be a different story. He'd be worth the risk of messing with Chemistry....

But do we know if he'd get along with everyone? Not entirely sure to be honest. But with an expiring contract, he's not worth it anyway. Not worth Shane and Brooks. Too much of a gamble for Rockets Management.

11. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

Morey swings his wand and pulls out a Mike James for Sam Cassell, that would be a dream come true.

12. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

Great! You must be a huge wizard fan. Sorry dude, this is a rockets form.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

if cassell get's bought out, he'll go to the celtics.

14. Possum

Possum Member

Hvent read any of the previous trade ideas, too many so sorry if these have already been diss.

Bonzi, Snyder and Francis for Miller.

Scola, Battier for Artest. Of coarse this would be with an agreement to resign.

9 player Rotation of
    Ming
    Artest
    Landry
    Hayes
    TMac
    Miller
    Head
    Refer
    Brooks

Thats a pretty stout lineup with star players & good role players who would play well of the star players.

15. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Wow just wow.. Morey would never do that. I really hope your just trying to be funny..

16. Manos

Manos Member

Yeah trade the top center in the league for a bunch of role players, great idea. Maybe we can also trade McGrady for Jason Williams and Ricky Davis! Think of how great the team would be if we traded our 2 best players for a bunch of crap, whoohoooo...... Are you guys by chance related to Isiah Thomas?

17. leebigez

I don't think I'm the only old school member that thinks this,but the moestavern trade idea has to be the worse ever on this board.

Its really insane cosidering thomas is out with heart problems,haywood is like hot and cold water and stevenson is avg. Top that off, u based the trade on the asg.

18. GATER

I am nearly certain that knowing Houston is not going to do anything, he was just having a little fun rattling the cages of some nubes and a few unwary regulars.

19. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

For an old school member, I guess you don't know your fellow BBS'ers all that well. At least not predominant Hangout posters.

81.7% of moestavern's posts = epitomy of sarcasm

20. leebigez

Don't know how true it is, but the lakers are trying to get Caron Butler. While the rox fans talk about battier and chemistry, while the will replace odom with caron. :rolleyes: