1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline Random Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thumbs, Jan 23, 2008.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

Sixers are on a 5 game win streak and currently 8th in the EC.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

uh, I think you need to stop insulting the intelligence of this board with stupid posts. Go back to your Why Oh Eff craphole and stop supporting the hindering of Rockets progress.

3. ibm

ibm Member

wow, haven't noticed. why can't they lose like the heat? rebuild philly, please. you're not going anywhere with andre... ;)

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

lol ya ok u need 2 step back from ur keyboard lol, r u kidding me yao and bonzi AND luther and carl 4 stupid scrubs????? omg u have lost ur mind./

5. drich

drich Member

man i agree with you 100% i am also tired of just sitting here watching everyone making deals to get better but us and miller is the type of player we need. just read the lakers are now going after caron butler i am in need of a miller or artest trade to houston DAMN need to get over the hump and what is so frustrating is the fact that maybe our rockets are thinking that we don't need to make a move because of our recent sucess. Please do not think this because this was the softest part of our schedule. :rolleyes:

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

My trade solves our lack of depth in the frontcourt and gets rid of our glaring defensive liabilities. Yao will never be a defensive force. With a quicker Center we can have Novak play Landry's minutes, which will open the offense up even more.

7. tha_phoenix

tha_phoenix Rookie

Shane Battier , Luther (gives) Head , Mike James , Kirk Snyder..for

Sam Cassell and Corey Maggette .....

dead wait and 2 rotation players to 2 real Starters and the 2nd scoring threat we need now since we can't count on MAC to even score or show up to games anymore ;)

You can't argue with this one..

8. yaomac11

yaomac11 Member

OMG. I am truly amazed by your stupidity.

9. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

Wow! The Clippers are so winner in that trade ... :rolleyes:

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I am truly amazed by the continued ignorance of this board. Etan Thomas will bring the Rockets average IQ up by 100 points and Bonzi's exit will add another 50.

THE MAN CAN PONTIFICATE ON GLOBAL ISSUES.

How can that not help our basketball team?

11. Raven

Raven Member

If the Rockets don't make a move and then fail to make the playoffs, they'll never live it down.

12. poprocks

poprocks Member

This post makes me think that the combined intelligence of many posters here is less than that of your common baked potato but at least the potato tastes good. All Star game is for showing off and playing around. Shaq goes down the court dribbling the ball between his leg playing guard, and you tell me Yao sucks for shooting threes? Go back to your litterbox and play with some string when you're done.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

How dare you insinuate that I am a kitten just because I know what is best for this team!

It isn't that I don't like Yao, I just think that when you get a chance to trade a good player for a smart player (i.e. Gay for Battier) You make that trade 1600 times out of 1843 times (According the Daryl Morey)

14. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

In the Kidd trade Dallas might have to release one player -- likely rookie forward Nick Fazekas -- to make roster room for signing Van Horn to a three-year contract. I wonder whether the Rocks will consider adding a tall, sweet shooting forward to back up Scola, especially if Landry is traded or looks like he will leave via free agency.

15. poprocks

poprocks Member

Catnip anyone?

16. battousai

battousai Member

At this point, I don't think there will be any big names or star play out there that we can get without breaking up this team.

I do however, expect morey to pull off a small trade. maybe a second round draft pick from synder.

Can we get Artest? well, we may need to part with landry, wells, and picks.

17. poprocks

poprocks Member

Landry, Wells and Picks are too much to give for Artest.

18. conquistador#11

It's quiet out there, too quiet.. makes me think something is in the works

19. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I'm definitely down with this one.