1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline Random Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thumbs, Jan 23, 2008.

1. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

1. Doesnt really put us on the map as an NBA contender.
    2. I love this deal, I would do it all day and twice on sundays!!!
    3. I'm so iffy on Bibby at this point, and I worry about us keeping Artest.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It will be very difficult to trade for a rotation player that improves the team. Gerald Green does not make Adelman's rotation unless we also give up Head or Bonzi or Battier in the deal. And I don't know if that really makes us better, in the short term.

3. bjshot

bjshot Member

Are Kings this stupid or what?

4. Classic

Classic Member

The Kings aren't trading anybody. They feel (an analysts do as well) that they can make the playoffs. Not gonna happen. Sorry.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Kings have a halfway decent shot of making the playoffs. They're finally healthy, and they've looked pretty good of late. I don't know if they're ready to give up on the season and starting rebuilding just yet.

6. bjshot

bjshot Member

I think Ron is perfect to Rockets to be a real contender. He probably will be cheap now. Now I will give up Hayes and other fillers and a pick or two for him. Because Ron is so unstable, I won't use battier for him.

7. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Then why did we have a parade last Monday? :p

8. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

Ryan Gomes? :cool:

9. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Snyder is not a rotation player, and Green has more of a role with the Wolves than Kirk with the Rockets. Green has height (6-8); youth (22 this month); shooting (scored 20 or more on a number of occasions with the Celts); athleticism (slam dunk champion); low contract ($1.4M); and flexibility (SG or SF). Did I mention he's from Houston?

In addition, Green can make layups (unlike Luther), shoot treys (unlike Snyder) and has a nice mid-range game (unlike Battier). He matches what we are doing much better than Snyder, Luther, Novak, etc. etc. Getting him now is a slam dunk IMO.

#29 thumbs, Jan 23, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  10. Vivid

Vivid Member

So the super trade would be Mike James, Luther Head, 1st Round pick for Artest. We go "all in" knowing we can lose Artest this summer without a draft pick to compensate. Kings get a solid player who needs to be in a different situation and a young prospect. They mainly do this for the 1st Round pick which would potentially be valuable if the Rocks bust with Artest and don't make the playoffs

Bibby
    Martin
    Garcia
    Salmons
    Miller

With James and Head off the bench at the guard positions. Martin can also play three allowing room for Beno to play some back up point.

Alston
    Tmac
    Artest
    Hayes
    Yao

Offensively we get better. Defensively we are relentless...Artest goes to bench or moves to the two, Battier off the bench to cover the main man. Tmac on the bench with Battier and Artest hawking out there will be lovely to watch. A four man rotation on the 2-3 with Bonzi Tmac Battier and Artest will be devastating to the league. Remember Artest and Bonzi had fairly good chemistry together so we can go Battier Tmac- Artest Bonzi....furthermore...With a guy like Artest, we can afford to allowTmac to play less. This traded coupled with Scola, Landry, and Brook's improvement can be push us over the hump. Risk... Artest wrecks havok on the little chemistry we do have and we are lotto bound...without a pick,

and with the 2nd pick the Kings select Derrick Rose....ouch!

-V

11. thumbs

I'm pretty sure we can forget any Artest trade to the Rockets. The Kings already have turned down better trades than we could do, and the Maloofs won't make any trades with an Adelman team unless they are getting away with the crown jewels.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. thumbs

Injuries keep him from being the crown jewels. Heck, he may no longer even be worth the family jewels. :D

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Are you referring to the Balkman/Robinson for Artest rumor? If that's the case apparently NY is the one that turned that deal down, not Sacramento.

Balkman is like the SF poor man's version of Chuck Hayes and Nate Robinson isn't all that better than Luther. I think if Artest could have been dealt for that kind of chump change we most certainly can come up with a comparable or better package for Artest.

15. javashot

javashot Member

trade MCGRADY AND BATTIER
    for GERALD WALLACE AND JASON RICHARDSON

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

Nobody takes Rafer except N.Y. in a demented moment. Nah, probably not even them. The Rockets have to be the only team in the NBA that thinks he is a starter, and likely the only team that would trade for him. I still don't know why. When it looks like he is going to lose minutes he comes up with "two weeks of glory." I don't know how, but you have to give him that. He is a survivor.

17. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

Dunleavy: He's finally coming into his own in Indiana, and may now be the only untradeable guy on the team. They certainly aren't going to trade him for anyone who isn't any better.
    Artest: I'd LOVE Artest. But, he would have to be paired with a strong leader. If Francis would have come around, he could have been that. Here's when you wish you had a Bob Sura or a Mario. But, the Petries really hate Adelman, and there was a trade on the table that the GM OK'd that included Snyder, Sura's expiring and a draft pick, but the owners turned it down, saying they never wanted to do anything that would help Adelman.
    Bibby: Sure they want to trade him. But, they aren't going to do it for anyone not a starter and some youth, since they are probably moving into rebuilding mode.
    TMac isn't going anywhere. They'll let the season play out to see if they the team finally gels under Adelman. TMac's trade value will go up if we have some level of success, and is healthy.
    Snyder: I don't think he has much value, except for someone who'd get him for free, like we did. But, he does have value for us to unload, so we can get under the cap. I think he's the most likely to go.
    Hayes: I think he has more value to us, than anything we could get in return. We really do better with him out there. Scola and Landry are nowhere close to him defensively.
    Head: He would have value in CHI, being a hometown hero. We could get someone like Duhon, maybe even Thabo, but not much more. Perhaps a Head/James/draft pick for Nocioni.
    Rafer: Until we are ready to have Brooks run the team, I doubt we'll be trading Alston. But, NY and NJ would be good spots for him, because he is such a street legend there, and would sell tickets, especially if NJ unloads Kidd. Boki, Marcus or Sean Williams would be interesting. If they didn't trade Kidd, but did trade Marcus Williams, they might trade Boki. But, in NY, I don't see him trading David Lee, who is the only player I'd want from there, no matter what we threw their way, as long as Thomas is GM, but that might not be much longer.
    James: Why was he beat out by Alston, Brooks and Head? Is he too old? Did he not fit Adelman's offense? If its the latter, we have some hope in trading him. If not, we're stuck.

I have a feeling that Morey will swing a small trade that puts us under the cap, and gives us someone who is a longshot, but I don't think it'll be for a starter. But, with his recent success, I like our chances of him at the helm.

18. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

20. Tornadoofsoul6

One of my favorite rookies.. Sean Williams has the defense like Chuck Hayes with the explosiveness of Dwight Howard. If Morey could pry him out of NJ I would praise Morey and send him a giftbasket.

Other trade targets I'd like for Morey to go after are:

Thabo Sefolosha
    Mike Miller
    Nick Young
    Mikael Pietrus
    Travis Outlaw
    Andres Nocioni
    Tyrus Thomas
    Corey Maggette