1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline Random Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thumbs, Jan 23, 2008.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

Pacers need a point guard with Tinsley constantly missing games. Diener has been a disappointment and has two more seasons his last year a player option.

James being able to play SG also helps as they're lacking in depth at both guard positions.

Pacers have 2 wins out of their last 11 games. They're now desperate enough to rely on Kareem Rush.

With Dunleavy preferred at SF by their coach. Granger, Shawne Williams, Murphy and O'Neal makes them healthy at the 4/5. It's their guards that are letting them down.

2. rawool

rawool Member

LOL arkoe. Took the words straight from my mouth. Great post. :)

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like Foster. I haven't seen Diener play much but if he has been a disappointment why should the Rockets want him? Secondly James has been a major disappointment too. Foster is still valuable to them IMO.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

James has been disappointing on the Rocks but he could potentially fill a greater need for the Pacers than if they kept Foster.

Diener would just be sweetener to get the deal done. Rockets take on his extra years but at the same time they cut around 1 million from their team salary for this season.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

1.6 ast vs 8.5 rebounds a game is a big difference,we will just to disagree on this. Nothing personal intended.

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

LOL

Yeah, I bet that's what Larry Bird is thinking sitting in his office, "Ya know who we need to turn this thing around...Mike Friggin James!"

Sorry dude I couldn't resist. :D

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

Tinsley and Diener are also also injured. Their third PG is a scrub called Andre Owens. He starts or has a significant role at the point they lose.

8. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Ah, what the hell. The thread is here so I'll just throw out a couple of small ideas.

Mike James to the Bucks for Dan Gadzuric.

Bucks save 1 year contract-wise and add depth in the backcourt. Rockets add a year in contract but Dan is younger and would give the Rockets insurance up front with another center with legit size. He would also have a chance to earn the backup spot behind Yao next season with Deke retiring.

Snyder + 2nd to the Kings for Anthony Johnson

Gives them a nice, veteran PG to help throughout the rest of the year and playoffs just in case rookie Brooks hits a wall.

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

thought this article could add to the fodder...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-tradecountdown021808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

10. Raven

Raven Member

Mike Miller's name is popping up everywhere. It's frustrating.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Houston Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -19.8 ppg, -8.5 rpg, and -1.3 apg.
    Incoming Players
    Etan Thomas
    6-10 C from Syracuse
    No games yet played in 2007/08
    Brendan Haywood
    7-0 C from North Carolina
    10.8 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 27.5 minutes
    Darius Songaila
    6-8 PF from Wake Forrest
    4.9 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 1.4 apg in 17.6 minutes
    DeShawn Stevenson
    6-5 SG / SF from Washington Union (HS)
    10.4 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 3.0 apg in 31.0 minutes

Outgoing Players
    Ming Yao
    7-6 C from China (Foreign)
    22.2 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 2.4 apg in 37.2 minutes
    Bonzi Wells
    6-5 SG / SF from Ball State
    9.2 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 1.6 apg in 22.1 minutes
    Luther Head
    6-3 PG / SG from Illinois
    7.7 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 1.8 apg in 19.4 minutes
    Carl Landry
    6-8 PF from Purdue
    6.8 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 0.6 apg in 14.2 minutes

TRADE ACCEPTED.

This is a great trade for us. We get rid of all the stupid Yao-Lovers, Bonzi's troublemaking ass, as well as Luther. Of course we'll have to include Landry to sweeten the deal.

We get a nice bigs back in Haywood and Etan Thomas. Thomas especially, because when he's on the court with Battier they'll insult the opposing players in latin and then giggle to each other when the other team's jersey numbers add up to be a sum of squares.

We also get a decent PF in Songaila to play along with Scola when we need someone who can hit a J, as well as Stevenson who can score it.

New roster
    C : Haywood / Thomas / Deke
    PF : Scola / Songaila / Novak
    SF : Battier / Stevenson / Snyder
    SG : McGrady / Stevenson / Snyder
    PG : Alston / Brooks / James

Stevenson will provide a scoring punch off the bench and Haywood and his best friend Etan Thomas will dominate the paint where Yao was largely soft and ineffective.

I think this would be a move Daryl Morey would make in a heartbeat.

12. jdmb82

jdmb82 Member

Are you serious?

.... I'd have to say a sphincter says what?

13. jdmb82

jdmb82 Member

Yao Ming is the best player on the team. That's bullocks...

14. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

been sayin it: james/kirk for mike miller.

with miller and novak in with yao and tmac, theyd get lots of open 3's

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yao's lack of any effort in yesterday's All Star Game proved to me that he isn't going to take us anywhere. I mean did you see him jack up those 2 three pointers that weren't even close to going in? And you think he's a team player? :rolleyes:

What about on defense when he let Dwight Howard abuse him. I mean it was just atrocious. Yao proved his true value on the game's biggest stage with the game's greatest players.

I have no doubt that an understated, underrated combo of Haywood/Thomas is exactly what this team needs.

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

.......too much time spent at the tavern.

17. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

OMG UR STUPID!!! YAO IS THE ONLY PLAYER ON THE ROCKETS WORTH NE THING. IVE NEVER SEEN SUCH a STUPID TRADE PROPOSAL!! WAT WE NEED 2 DO IS TRADE MCGREEDY 4 JERMAINE MAGLORE I MEAN LOL HE'S BAD ENUFF TO DO THAT!!!! OMG HOW SAD IS IT WHEN UR "FRANCHISE" PLAYER ISN'T EVEN WORTH JERMAINE MAGLORE SAAAAD.

18. Onepaks

Onepaks Member

y not deal with memphis again

y not deal with memphis again. it seems that we always make a deal with them so y not

miller and lowry for snyder (exp) bozi (exp) head (1 year) Francis (1 year) and memphis choice of houstons 2008 pick uncondtional or 2009 and 2011 unconditional. Would you do it? or would you still agree if memphis wants 2008 and 2010 both unconditional?

19. ibm

ibm Member

i'd do it either way. but the questionis will the griz do it.

it may be a better idea to try to pry another miller. a. miller from the 76ers.

20. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

they need teams to take on Brian Cardinal's contract or give up a high lottery draft picks. We dont have that many expirings nor a high lottery pick to offer